DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
6 members and 534 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, Scot, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cop suspended for unecessary force
Unread
  (#1)
singin sweet home alabama

Cop suspended for unecessary force - May 4, 2007, 04:03 PM

What do you know, she was telling the truth... (video & story at link)

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. (May 3) - A sheriff's deputy was suspended for manhandling a sobbing woman who was speeding to a hospital to see her ailing father and didn't want to wait for him to write a ticket.
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00000001#video

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#2)
Republicans for Voldemort

May 4, 2007, 04:07 PM

eh.. I think it's crap... The woman could have been lying her ass off ... And she drove away from the cop and didn't compy with immeditate instructions.... She got what she diserved in my opinion... This is some political BS...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#3)

May 4, 2007, 04:24 PM

Yeah, its perfectly acceptable to jack a sobbing woman off her feet onto her car.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
Unread
  (#4)
NW DC Rider

May 4, 2007, 04:34 PM

All he had to do to handle the situation appropriately was ask her to get into the back of his car and he could drive her to the hospital. If she willingly provided license/registration it would be rather unlikely she was trying to run... IF they got to the hospital and it turned out she was lying, well then he already has her in custody!

YES she broke the law and deserved to be stopped for breaking the law, but "protect and serve" would suggest a different course of action than throwing her against her car... he was too hung up being a shithead tough guy to consider a more reasonable solution.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#5)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 4, 2007, 04:49 PM

I think the following quote is what got his ass in the ringer....When she says "I'm sorry, but my father's having a heart attack," He says, "Good, now you're not going to get to see him."

Pretty harsh in retrospect.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CBontheMV  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

May 4, 2007, 04:49 PM

This already got hashed out in the shout box.

You wanna know who was in the wrong? That assfuck is suspended, hopefully someone will blow his brains out, and I wont need to worry about him protecting and serving me. And she was let go, I only hope that stupid pig didn't damage the rest of her life, and she was able to see her dad before he passes.

That's not something ANYONE has a right to take away... pig or not, law or not.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#7)
The last urrbendah

May 4, 2007, 05:13 PM

Eh, should've used the taser instead.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Meh

May 4, 2007, 05:59 PM

Pretty rediculous over zealous use of force with a woman that obviously wanted to comply but was more worried about seeing her father before he passed away. I see some cops just itching at the chance to pull somebody over like that and make that kind of stop. Most of the people that I see that want to become cops this day and age have a bit of an power trip in effect before they even pin on a badge.
Unread
  (#9)
Bikeless... for now

May 4, 2007, 06:15 PM

Mixed emotions on this one.... she DID NOT comply with the LEO and broke the law, but I think I would be in the same state of mind in that situation.

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#10)

May 4, 2007, 06:21 PM

I knew this one would be controversial. I can't imagine anyone has trouble identifying with the woman, but at the same time, I'm sure the cop's heard every excuse in the world.

Unread
  (#11)
Bikeless... for now

May 4, 2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I knew this one would be controversial. I can't imagine anyone has trouble identifying with the woman, but at the same time, I'm sure the cop's heard every excuse in the world.
Agreed

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#12)
Que se jodan!!

May 4, 2007, 07:54 PM

oh wow - another "let's stereotype LEOs as assholes" thread....just like the "all bikers are assholes" stereotype.....that is all.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#13)
THE PATIENT

May 4, 2007, 10:04 PM

no just that asshole pig, cuz hes a dik and should get shot in the face...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Unread
  (#14)

May 4, 2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
oh wow - another "let's stereotype LEOs as assholes" thread....just like the "all bikers are assholes" stereotype.....that is all.
Uhm... no. Read my last post.

I'm sure if your father/mother/significant other were potentially dying in the hospital and you were pulled over along the way there - you'd be entirely understanding of the cop taking his merry time to write you a ticket.

Any cop is certainly going to be cynical - there is something compelling on each side which is what makes the case interesting.

Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

May 4, 2007, 10:30 PM

if she would have done the speed limit nothing would ahve happened!!!!!
I guees some poeple just think they are above the law.

Bookem DANO

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."