DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
2 members and 511 guests
beatle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Coworker needs help in Front Royal
Unread
  (#1)
Mojito Anyone?

Coworker needs help in Front Royal - January 6, 2010, 04:07 PM

I know some people on the board here live out that way. Just seeing if there are any handymen that you know of.. he needs a new water heater installed.. 50 Gal Electric...

Anyone??

Thank you in advance!

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

January 6, 2010, 04:22 PM

I just replaced mine. They can do it on there own. Basic tools, plumbers cement, and about an hours work. Maybe an extra hand just to position the thing.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

January 6, 2010, 08:36 PM

I live out here and can't say I really know any "handymen" exactly. I usually have my neighbors help me with that kind of stuff. I have tried to get plumbers to do things for me and it is like pulling teeth to get plumbers out here to even show up. Not exactly sure why.

HOWEVER, if it is a handyman he is really looking for than I suggest he go to his local 7-11 or mini-mart and pick up the latest copy of the Valley Trader. Handymen and all kinds of trade are always advertising their services in there. Before anybody asks or suggests in..No the Valley Trader is not on line. Sorry.

Anyways, I hope that helps. If not shoot me a PM and I will try to find somebody in my church that may be able to help him out. I am glad to help in anyway I can.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

January 6, 2010, 10:43 PM

Water heaters are super easy to replace. He can do it himself and save a few hundred $$
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
540 Boyz Stunt Team Rider

January 6, 2010, 10:49 PM

Yeah you dont even have to use a torch to solder anymore although I prefer this way. They sell those quick connectors called 'Shark-Bites' which are guaranteed for 50 years. I have some guys at work that swear by them, but I think the old fashion soldering is the best/most permanent.
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
AMA Superbike Champ

January 6, 2010, 10:55 PM

Last edited by minuslars1; January 7, 2010 at 06:47 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Toe Dragger

January 7, 2010, 08:59 AM

I have to agree with Guzz on the fact that you cant get anyone to come out to your house out this way... plumbers, general contractors, you name it, none of them show.. You would think that with the economy being the way it has been that they would be all over any call that they get....

As for replacing it, they really are pretty easy to install.... just make sure he turns the breaker and water off! LOL!

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

January 7, 2010, 07:34 PM

PM me if you haven't found someone yet... my brother lives in Front Royal and is in construction, home remodeling, electrical, plumbing... presently actually works for a handyman sort of deal out of Manassas.
Unread
  (#9)
Mojito Anyone?

January 7, 2010, 08:13 PM

sweet thanks everyone I will let him know tomorrow.. he will really appreciate it! He was telling me the the previous owners did a really shitty job and he doesn't trust himself to do it. That's why he's looking for some help.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn