DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 568
3 members and 565 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Craigslist Creepiness - Body Fluids for Sale?
Unread
  (#1)
Fack yo pony...

Exclamation Craigslist Creepiness - Body Fluids for Sale? - April 28, 2009, 12:57 PM

The recent news about Boston's "Craigslist killer" reminded me, as I'm sure it did many others, that cyberspace, for all its charm, continues to be some scary terrain. It's such a part of my everyday landscape -- but when something odd happens, it can be at best, amusing, and at worst, life-threatening.

A few years ago, I experienced something on Craiglist that fell somewhere between the two (admittedly, in retrospect, it was much closer to amusing). But I can't deny the creepiness factor. It sounds like one of those urban legends that "really happened" to someone who knows someone who knows someone you know -- but now you can share my misfortune with your friends and be assured that it really *did* happen. As it so often does, my story begins with breastfeeding.

When my daughter was born a couple of years ago, I struggled with her colic and her inability to sleep, but I was a champ at breastfeeding. She latched on ten minutes after birth, and my supply was strong and steady. I assumed that I'd be going back to work, so I started pumping to have a good supply of milk at the ready. A friend cautioned me before my first pumping session that I shouldn't be surprised if I didn't get more than an ounce or two at first. So when I pumped over eight ounces on my first try, with more to spare, I freaked out, thinking I was doing something wrong, and that perhaps I might milk myself dry and soon lapse into a lactation-overuse-dehydration coma.

As it turns out, that's not really possible, and it also turns out that, yay, I happened to just be really, really blessed in the lactation department. Before long, my freezer was overflowing with a overabundance of breast milk. When I told a non-mom friend about my newfound special gift, she jokingly suggested that I sell it on Craigslist.

Hmmmm. Not that I would ever actually DO that, but I wondered how much I could get for it. You know, the enterprising side of me did, anyway.

I scanned the listings to see if anyone would be interested in my wares, and after much searching in the baby department, I found an entry entitled "Will pay $$$ for fresh breast milk." After mulling it over, I bit. (I sipped?) I sent an email that explained that I didn't have a lot of fresh milk, but that I had a ton stored in my freezer. "What were you thinking of paying for it?" I asked.

The next day, I received a reply. "I would be interested, but the milk wouldn't be for my own consumption. Is that ok?" I should have ended the exchange right there, but I really wanted to know what the going rate for human breast milk was. At this point, I realized I wasn't going back to work, and I was nervous about surviving on one income. Maybe I could could put my breasts to work instead? "Sure, I don't really care what you do with it. What's it worth to you?" I wrote.

And though I was scarred for life by the reply that came back, I think I can recall, verbatim, what it was: "I am a 42-year-old married man, good-looking and in good shape. I'd like to pay you $100 to nurse from you for ten minutes. I also own a furniture store, maybe I could offer you some furniture at a discount?"

Unaccustomed to such casual creepiness, I felt simultaneously sick to my stomach and frozen with fear. I'd used an alias email address, so it wasn't like this guy could track me down, but the paranoid side of me wasn't sure.

I was flooded with emotions, but mostly, I was pissed off that someone could take something as special as breastfeeding and turn it into a perverted fetish. Why wasn't he trolling the "psychopaths wanted" section? I developed several possible replies, some angry, some sarcastic, but in the end, I decided that my best tactic was to ignore him, my philosophy being that conflict cannot ensue between two people if they're both not engaged in it.

I haven't been on Craiglist since then. When I want a bargain, I search for sales at well-established stores. When I want to get rid of something, I utilize Freecycle. And also? I've decided against selling any more bodily fluids.

http://svmomblog.typepad.com/dc_metr...reepiness.html

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm to good for your air

April 28, 2009, 01:11 PM

I'll give you $110

But seriously, that's creepy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hedfan1  
Unread
  (#3)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 28, 2009, 01:27 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin