DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 531
2 members and 529 guests
GRN96WS6, shiphteey
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Craigslist Experts, need your help
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Craigslist Experts, need your help - August 18, 2014, 03:10 PM

I have my 16 steel wheels with tires for sale on CL.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...625367604.html

I got this reply: It seems to be screaming SCAM...however not 100%

what say you?

Quote:
Thanks you for your reply,i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right
now. I am buying this for my son as a surprise gift. However,does it
have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you
don't mind my asking and I will really appreciate if you can email
more info and if possible more photos.I can only pay through paypal at
the moment as i don't have access to my bank account online (i dont
have internet banking with it), but i have it attached to my paypal
account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will
need is your paypal email address to make the payment,and your mobile
number, if you dont have a paypal account yet, you can set one it cant
take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be expecting your paypal
email so l can pay. I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick
up after payment has been sorted, l will be waiting for your reply
asap..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

August 18, 2014, 03:13 PM

Scam. All the PayPal scams include "its easy to set up" or "it takes less than 5 min". 100% scam. Props on proper English for once though. He hasn't offered any other way to buy nor asked to set it aside and he will pay when coming to pick it up. Next email would be about a shipper most likely.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:14 PM

sent me this:

I can only pay in directly to your PayPal due to my present location
and the payment will be fully made and cleared in your account before
my agent to come there for the pickup.. You can send me a payment
invoice to this email(jascort222@gmail.com) and get back to me with
your registered email with PayPal so i can pay in and let me know when
you are done with sending the payment invoice..thanks..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:14 PM

how does this scam work? if you get the money in paypal... WTF does it matter?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:15 PM

they pay then file a claim for undelivered or something?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

August 18, 2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I have my 16 steel wheels with tires for sale on CL.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...625367604.html

I got this reply: It seems to be screaming SCAM...however not 100%

what say you?
" i will be expecting your paypal
email so l can pay. I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick
up after payment has been sorted"

99% sure its a scam. I actually had this happen to me when I was trying to book a vacation home. They stated they accepted a Paypal deposit, then returned my money stating there is an issue with it, and they could only take a bank transfer. Told them to take Paypal, or fuck off. I would reach out to PayPal directly and ask about the email address and if it is suspect.

2008 Yamaha R6: Track
2003 TTR "125": Ohhhh shittt wheelie!
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R: Street
2005 Kawasaki ZZR600: Sold
Honda CRF150F: Sold
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

August 18, 2014, 03:16 PM

Yeah see my post above. Was editing about "shipment". His agent lol. Who has an agent? Fuck with him. Longer you keep him tied up less he can swindler some poor old lady.

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:18 PM

yeah its what im doing.. was pretty sure..

but my only hesitation was like... paypal you get your shit.. so how can they fuck that up?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

August 18, 2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
how does this scam work? if you get the money in paypal... WTF does it matter?

They send you a fake email thats identical to PayPal claiming payment sent. There are a few ways its done. Google knows better than me. I just remembered the fake paypal email one. There are a few though.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:20 PM

interesting.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

August 18, 2014, 03:24 PM

Yes, it's a fake paypal email that you get when they 'send payment'.

Not sure as to why they would want your mobile number unless to otherwise be even more mischievous.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#12)
SRWJTS Recruiter

August 18, 2014, 03:24 PM

Another way to spot that it is a scam is it doesn't specifically reference what you are selling, lack of capitalization, and "pick-up agent". All classic CL red flags.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:30 PM

thanks folks. I was pretty sure.. just the fact that I would get the $$ first seemed as a possible real deal.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
opossum puncher

August 18, 2014, 03:33 PM

Yea he also asks for the history of steel wheels.....

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

August 18, 2014, 03:42 PM

word

Alex
13 Honda Fury