DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 574
4 members and 570 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Crashed in my cage...
Unread
  (#1)
Italian segziness...

Crashed in my cage... - July 18, 2006, 10:40 AM

Well, this wasnt on my bike (thank god) but maybe there is something everyone can learn from it anyways.

About 0515 Yesterday morning I was heading down I95/395 South right at about the springfield exit. I was in the left lane about 4 car lenths behind a white pickup truck. The white pickup was passing a semi but came over in front of the semi before he was clear. He clipped the semi and it sent him spinning unconttrollably. The Semi continued to push the pickup until it stopped in the far right lane and caught on fire. Meanwhile I'm next to the semi on his left between him and a jersey barrier and I begin to slow down so as not to hit anyone myself. This is where the second semi comes in. He was unable to slow down in time and by the time i was doing 15-20 he hits me at about 50 from behind. I dont understand why he was going so fast by this point because I hadnt been braking that aggressively. I think he was watching what was happening instead of paying attention to what was in front of him and came into the left lane to avoid hitting the other semi. He pushed my car forward about 100 feet where I eventually came to a stop.

Once I stopped I got out of my trailblazer to see that the trunk area was now in my back seat. The truck that hit me then pulled in front of me and I thought he was going to wait to speak to the police like everyone else. After I made sure the guys from the burning truck were ok, I went to go back and talk to the guy that hit me and he was gone. There were no witnesses so I didnt have his liscence plate numbers. After the police reports and statements i had to give, I was taken to Springfield ER where they took a bunch of X-rays and cleared me. Im ok, just sore as hell.

What I learned: 1)Be aware of your surroundings. Maybe I could have done something to avoid being plowed by a big rig.
2) Get liscense plate numbers of everyone involved as soon as practicable. Not everyone will do the right thing and stay for the police or even check to see if the guy they just crashed into was ok or if they had kids in the back seat.

I hope there is something learned from my mistakes. Good luck and drive safe. (ride too)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Now Riding Red

July 18, 2006, 10:55 AM

Hope that truck driver smokes a turd in HELL for that

‎"Death walks beside every man, but only the mercenary turns and waves."

Troye-ame-Ven, Writer, Philosopher, Mortal

M
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 10:55 AM

whoah.. The other Semi took off that hit you? UNBELIEVABLE.. Isnt there VDOT cams there? maybe they got it on tape...

Glad you are ok dude!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Posting Nothing Relevant

July 18, 2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
whoah.. The other Semi took off that hit you? UNBELIEVABLE.. Isnt there VDOT cams there? maybe they got it on tape...

Glad you are ok dude!
+1, thats what i was thinking. that and any paint rub he left on your car shouldnt be to hard to match to a semi of the same color and a route to match the day.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#5)
Italian segziness...

July 18, 2006, 10:59 AM

Yeah i thought about both things earlier. im going to call the trooper today again who handled my accident. He was about to get off work so i dont think he put forth any effort into finding who did it.
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

July 18, 2006, 11:30 AM

There should be cameras, vdot films the progress of the mixing bowl and that sounds like this is where that happened, they should be able to track this faker down. SOB now Im mad, christ what an azz!

Glad to hear you are un hurt, and good looking out for the others.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 18, 2006, 12:12 PM

Damn! Glad you are ok! Good luck tracking that truck down.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#8)
Italian segziness...

July 18, 2006, 12:14 PM

just spoke with the collission people. My truck is up to 14k damage so far and he only just started!
Unread
  (#9)
Owner of the Site Owner

July 18, 2006, 12:16 PM

if a big rig rear ended you at 50, im going to say its totalled.

glad you are okay though

shitty situation with the driver, what goes around comes around

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

July 18, 2006, 12:16 PM

First off I am glad you did not get hurt, sorry about the cage though. If you were on the bike it would have been alot worse (read Dead).

Why did you slow down in the first place? When i see sht like that I put the accelartor down at get to the open space. That is me, I care more about my ass then some hicks that caused all the sht to happen in the first place, I have a kid to get home for. On the bike I always assume stuff like that is going to happen, that is the main reason I speed so much on it, going to the open space. No cages around and I am chilling going speed limit, if not open space to open space like tinkerbell baby.

Just trying to help for the next time, god forbid there is one. Glad you are ok.

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!