DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 536
1 members and 535 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Custody Questions
Unread
  (#1)
Still here

Custody Questions - October 29, 2007, 11:06 AM

Anyone here know what the deal is with non-custodial (but joint custody) parents making Dr's appointments for the child who doesn't live with them is? Just wondering if there is anything I can do about an appoinment made for the child who resides with me.

I figure there are enough people on here who know lots of things, maybe someone can help me out. Fell free to PM me if you don't want to give details in an open forum.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

October 29, 2007, 11:08 AM

*edit*

Reading is FUNdamental.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Still here

October 29, 2007, 11:11 AM

I don't think ours says anything about Dr's visits specifically. The child in question has every other weekend with the dad, and then the usual butchering of the holidays.

His dad's made him a Dr's visit he doesn't want to go to, with a Dr I don't want him to see. This would be an ongoing Dr's appointment (if I'm making this obvious, oh well) I think because the child lives with me it should be my choice of Dr and I will be the one to take him. I'm not trying to make it a power struggle but that's almost what it feels like.

02 1100 VStar

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#4)
Popped my cherry!

October 29, 2007, 11:11 AM

With joint custody, the non-custodial parent still has a say in all area's of the childs life.

If you are uncomfortable with the other party making appointments and such, then you have the right to be there. Or you can make a request to the courts that you MUST be notified if the other party feels the need to make Dr appointments.

**edited to add**
I have the same problems sometimes, but with the Grandmother, not the dad. He only gets ballsie when his mom gives him ideas.

"Well behaved women seldom make history"~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
"Damn white girls throwin' gang signs!"
Gangsta= High-siding on a 50cc!!
Also, if you take your jacket off and the women are all smiles, then you take your helmet off and 99% of the women look disappointed, please put your helmet back on. kthxbai.-Bexxx
I.L.M~Eric "The Irish Guy"
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

http://www.abbismom02.shutterfly.com

Last edited by BabyBusa04; October 29, 2007 at 11:14 AM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to BabyBusa04 Send a message via AIM to BabyBusa04  
Unread
  (#5)
Still here

October 29, 2007, 11:14 AM

Should I also add that Dad made the appointment, then told me about it, but hasn't (or won't?) tell me when it is.

I also sent him an email response, he notified me by email about it, right after I got it telling him I already have a different Dr and for him to cancel the apointment or else I would. He's not responded back. This is what he does. ugh

02 1100 VStar

Unread
  (#6)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 29, 2007, 11:14 AM

Sounds like a power play. If father isn't taking to/from and paying...then I would suggest that you schedule with somebody you feel comfortable with and can arrange the appointments to your schedule. Him scheduling and making you do the legwork seems like an attempt to control your actions.

Still...if the kid needs the appointment...find somebody who works for you and make the change.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg