DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 187
2 members and 185 guests
Heist, R6SP
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#2326)
Your Ad Here

April 22, 2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_the_man View Post
I rode a road bike from Silver Spring to DC last Friday. My ass hurt yo, how do y'all ride those things? Good lord
SS to DC is maybe 5 miles. If your ass was in pain after a relatively short ride like this, you need to do two things:
1. Get a better saddle.
2. Make sure you were fit for a bike. Getting fit for your bike if you plan to do any distance riding on a regular basis is as, if not more, important than getting your motorcycle set-up.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2327)
Mojito Anyone?

April 24, 2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLow3 View Post
A good Chamois will go a long way.

About to put down a deposit on a new rig myself. A Guerilla Gravity The Smash. Hand built in CO 140mm Rear/ 150mm front FS 29er. Push 11-6 rear coil and MRP Ribbon coil out front. This will be my do it all CO bike.

nice lookin bike

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#2328)
I'm a llama again!

April 25, 2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
When did wheels on bikes and tire widths get so hilariously large?
I remember when it all started with 25" ... then 27" became the must have thing.
Now I see people riding on wheels that I swear ripped off a swamp buggy.
What's the purpose and when did this become a thing?

Fat bikes are all over the place in Maine, I think it's because they are good in snow, sand also the the loss dirt and leaves is my guess.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2329)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 25, 2018, 02:21 PM

Upgraded seats, clip ons, stems, and more on 2 of my 3 bikes last night.

Got my gf a new bike like...last fall...still at my house with the tags on it ...smh lol.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2330)
Your Ad Here

April 25, 2018, 08:18 PM

What's the Black hybrid on the bottom? Looks like a set-up I need.

Also, why are the Whites on the top and the Blacks on the bottom. What kind of subtle messaging are you sending, Von?

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#2331)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

April 27, 2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
What's the Black hybrid on the bottom? Looks like a set-up I need.

Also, why are the Whites on the top and the Blacks on the bottom. What kind of subtle messaging are you sending, Von?
Once you go white....it's all right....lol

That bike is one of my favorites of the bunch.
Garry Fisher Utopia Black.
I swapped out allot of shit on that bike. I use that as my work bike...we have bike lockers at work I keep it in.
Top white scotts is my normal weekend road bike for mega miles....
Red n black Scotts Metrix is my street hybrid for running around DC like Debo...usually to community meetings store n other DC shit...if it gets stolen wont be too mad....its my frankenstien bike...I used allot of left over parts to taylor her to my liking. left over shorter stems, factory seat from my GF bike, left over clip ons, bottle holder... Only thing new are the bull horn wal mart grips.

the other red n black is my gf bike...she should be taking it in a month or so..

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2332)
Your Ad Here

July 9, 2018, 08:21 PM

Unread
  (#2333)
TNT
GP Champ

July 9, 2018, 10:30 PM

Drive shaft design looked really interesting. I wonder how it would handle everyday wear and tear. Chains can be a pain, but are easy and cheap to replace.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2334)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 13, 2018, 02:13 PM

I was going to ask about Gearfit 2 Pro vs. Samsung Watch...but maybe i should make a new topic for it.

Unread
  (#2335)
thanksfornothing.org

August 13, 2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorJack View Post
Oh my, I've been looking at the stache and Roscoe 8. Leaning more towards the Roscoe. I'd love to hear more about it once you put some miles on it.
I've put a bunch of miles on the Stache and it's a beast. A lot of suspension travel makes for a great ride. I'm doing down stairs and it just eats them up. I'm 190 pounds and it's no problem. For example, going down stairs like Meridian park and it's nothing. Just hold on!

Very happy with this bike. Only thing I MIGHT do is change front sprocket to one with one more tooth. I never use granny gear ever.

Zero complaints. Very good value at $1500.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2336)
Your Ad Here

August 26, 2018, 01:57 PM

$99 bargain for tooling around. 31lbs frame though.

Unread
  (#2337)
Your Ad Here

August 28, 2018, 11:03 AM

I picked up my old Rock Hopper that I used throughout college this weekend.

So should I rebuild it or chuck it?
I'm thinking of cleaning it up, stripping it down, and building a commuter / city bike out of it. 650 or 700cc wheels. Maybe go 1 medium sprocket in the front and 5 in the rear if the derailleur isn't trashed?

I have no idea where to sort of start. I haven't been headlong into bicycles in a bit. Probably forgot far more than I remember.

What would you do?

Or should I just call it a lost cause and get a $300 Wally World Schwinn or something?

There's a little sentimental attachment to it. I gifted it to a friend who was Sophomore when I graduated. e hadn't talked in probably over a half a decade but we recently reconnected and over a beer he says, "Hey, you know I still have your old bike - you want it? It's in rough shape though." I have a truck now so why not I thought, if only for nostalgia's sake ... the rest is history. Now sits on my deck as I mull over options.