DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
6 members and 561 guests
coolkhas, Heist, KirkRoy, Sal_the_man, t84a, turkishexpress
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
I'm a llama again!
 
Slider's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,270
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Alexandria
February 7, 2009, 02:21 PM

HOLLY SHIT you guys have some sick ass bikes.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#17)
GP Racer
 
badguy's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,190
Join Date: August 29, 2006
Location: PG
February 7, 2009, 04:36 PM

Picked this up last fall to work on rehabilitating my knee, would've taken her out today if I had my pump at the house.



Since I had a pump that would fit these tires, I ended up taking the 820 out. She's a little older but gets the job done...

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#18)
GP Champ
 
LooseTooth's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,521
Join Date: October 24, 2006
Location: Falls Church
February 7, 2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguyGS View Post
...would've taken her out today if I had my pump at the house.
You need a $3 schrader valve adapter. If I can remember, I will bring you one Monday.

I'll try to get pics of mine up soon. Stumpjumper MTB and S-works road.


"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#19)
One and Only
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,281
Join Date: June 4, 2004
Location: Cumberland, MD
February 7, 2009, 05:56 PM

Holy freakin' god.....I took my new GF out today for a few hours.



OMG.....OMG....I'm in love.


I'll post some pics tomorrow of the coolest "test ride" ever.


Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#20)
Owner of the Site Owner
 
Posts: 3,793
Join Date: February 3, 2006
February 7, 2009, 06:58 PM

IN FOR PICS


-

I tow 747s


"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#21)
One and Only
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,281
Join Date: June 4, 2004
Location: Cumberland, MD
February 7, 2009, 08:02 PM

So immediately after posting earlier, my dumbass grabs the camera, grabs the bike out of the truck, and instead of shooting it with the camera, I shot it with the garden hose.

Eeeeediot!

Anyway...she's all cleaned up now. A friend of mine snapped a couple pics out on the ride today, so maybe I'll have a few to show. A bit, um...sloppy.




Dude...I'm in love. For the first time I actually feel comfortable on the bike. Compare it to the feeling of being on a pocketbike and moving to a full-size bike. Sure, you can ride the pocketbike, but you're really never comfortable. The 29s are appropriate for my height, and honestly give me that feeling on the bike I had back when I was a kid. Just the feel, ya know?

It's definitely harder to climb. The full susp. and the 29s are both not-so-good for climbing, but my theory is that fitness can overcome that issue.

There a few thing's I'll need to tweak, as it felt a little soft and had some phantom shifting going on. BUT...she's not even technically mine yet. They said, "take it and have fun. if you want it we'll figure out a way to make sure you can buy it."

Excellent people at Cumberland Trail Connection.

I'm so stoked...who wants to ride?


EDIT: Forgot to mentioning it's got the ProPedal (i think it's called). A little lever tightens up the rear for big climbs. WOOT!


Right up the 1 hole.

Last edited by Cloaca; February 7, 2009 at 08:59 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#22)
Ballaugh Bridge
 
CrazyMotorcycleGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,835
Join Date: September 29, 2002
Location: VA
February 7, 2009, 08:46 PM









1991? edition TREK 830 18" frame 30.3 lbs with Garmin GPS mount.
Lots of mods. Right-side front brake.







'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#23)
One and Only
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,281
Join Date: June 4, 2004
Location: Cumberland, MD
February 7, 2009, 08:59 PM

Trav I bet you can turn 22s on that mofo.


Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#24)
Ballaugh Bridge
 
CrazyMotorcycleGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,835
Join Date: September 29, 2002
Location: VA
February 7, 2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Trav I bet you can turn 22s on that mofo.
Damn right, each of those stickers is worth a couple seconds per lap.


'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#25)
Licensed Rider
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Posts: 202
Join Date: September 25, 2004
Location: woodbridge virginia
February 7, 2009, 09:50 PM

I got a Murray mountain bike. It has a plastic water bottle with holder, a frame mounted bag to hold stuff and off road tires. It weighs 35 pounds with pedals and handle bar mounted horn. Pictures to follow.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#26)
I hate Hybrid drivers
 
david636's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,777
Join Date: May 25, 2006
Location: Woodbridge, VA
February 7, 2009, 09:55 PM




Last edited by david636; February 7, 2009 at 09:57 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#27)
GP Champ
 
Posts: 2,038
Join Date: January 22, 2009
Location: Swanton, MD
February 7, 2009, 11:24 PM

Lets set a date to get together and do a mountain bike ride. Any suggestions of a date and location? I dont like to do alot of climbing due to my full suspension bike but Im game for anything.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#28)
One and Only
 
Cloaca's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,281
Join Date: June 4, 2004
Location: Cumberland, MD
February 7, 2009, 11:56 PM

Let me do a little research of routes out near EF.

Craig! Craaaiiiiggg!


EDIT: It seems most stuff out there is really, really tech and climby. I'm totally game. I'll call Half Moon Outfitters tomorrow and see what's up.


Next Saturday?


Right up the 1 hole.

Last edited by Cloaca; February 8, 2009 at 12:05 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#29)
GP Racer
 
badguy's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,190
Join Date: August 29, 2006
Location: PG
February 8, 2009, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
You need a $3 schrader valve adapter. If I can remember, I will bring you one Monday.
I appreciate it, but it's cool - I have my bike pump at my grandparents' house right now. I'll have it back on Monday. Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLEVEL
Lets set a date to get together and do a mountain bike ride.
I'm down for a mountainbike ride, but not for a couple months. I wanna get comfortable with my knee before I try to keep up with anyone.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#30)
( * )|( * )
 
deviousR6's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,837
Join Date: June 15, 2004
February 8, 2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
So immediately after posting earlier, my dumbass grabs the camera, grabs the bike out of the truck, and instead of shooting it with the camera, I shot it with the garden hose.

Eeeeediot!

Anyway...she's all cleaned up now. A friend of mine snapped a couple pics out on the ride today, so maybe I'll have a few to show. A bit, um...sloppy.





Dude...I'm in love. For the first time I actually feel comfortable on the bike. Compare it to the feeling of being on a pocketbike and moving to a full-size bike. Sure, you can ride the pocketbike, but you're really never comfortable. The 29s are appropriate for my height, and honestly give me that feeling on the bike I had back when I was a kid. Just the feel, ya know?

It's definitely harder to climb. The full susp. and the 29s are both not-so-good for climbing, but my theory is that fitness can overcome that issue.

There a few thing's I'll need to tweak, as it felt a little soft and had some phantom shifting going on. BUT...she's not even technically mine yet. They said, "take it and have fun. if you want it we'll figure out a way to make sure you can buy it."

Excellent people at Cumberland Trail Connection.

I'm so stoked...who wants to ride?


EDIT: Forgot to mentioning it's got the ProPedal (i think it's called). A little lever tightens up the rear for big climbs. WOOT!
Nice!!! Yeah, the suspension bikes take some getting used to. Flat climbs you will feel as though it doesn't climb as well but on the rough paths when the tires stick you will notice a huge difference.

I took the TT and road bike out yesterday and dialed them in. My TT was about 3mm too high and I lowered the front bars by one ring so now it feels pretty solid and the new position flattened my back but I'll need some pics to confirm. The tarmac is pretty much dialed in as well so hopefully, this head ache will go away so I can get it out for a ride. I did hit a couple of hills yesterday to test the adjustments and on the TT bike I could tell right away that the power was being put down much better and the tarmac..that thing is just insane...I literally flew up the hill and was like um...is there some sort of motor? Bike is so efficient that it just glides.

Woody post up more pics of the bike!!!


Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.