DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 537
4 members and 533 guests
boomboom929, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Day Trading
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Day Trading - September 28, 2012, 11:56 AM

I don't know much about it. Is trading once or twice a day even considered day trading? Is it even long term profitable? I am trying to learn about the subject. The web has a different opinion for every keystroke so I figure I'd ask on here.

Any reading materials I should look up?

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

September 28, 2012, 12:01 PM

o boy

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

September 28, 2012, 12:04 PM

Did I just stir a pot or something? I don't care for opinions of those who don't invest their own money. But if they do, and it works I'd appreciate the name of books they read up on or maybe a class or two they took.

That's all.

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

Unread
  (#4)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 28, 2012, 12:10 PM

day traiding won't get you much if you don't start with a lot of money from what I've seen. Day changes for the most are not that big. Plus you really have to keep up with the news. I do normal investing.

I have a book that I read off of every once in a while. I'll get the title for you.

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#5)
Mojito Anyone?

September 28, 2012, 12:19 PM

It takes a lot of time. Lots of money. And lots of patience. Be ready to lose alot of money or make a lot of money. It is pretty much a full time job.. so don't think you can be a successful day trader making 2 moves a day...

finviz.com, NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform., Briefing.com will be your friend.. and other sites like it.

ay ya yay

Last edited by onel0wcubn; September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS Recruiter

September 28, 2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
It takes a lot of time. Lots of money. And lots of patience. Be ready to lose alot of money or make a lot of money. It is pretty much a full time job.. so don't think you can be a successful day trader making 2 moves a day...
This.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#7)
Derpetologist

September 28, 2012, 12:29 PM

My coworker does it. He is watching and reading market stuff all day and night. At work, at home, all day every day. Moves like $10,000 around at a time to try and make $500 profit within a few days lol.

I know nothing about it but that's my impression.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#8)

September 28, 2012, 01:24 PM

technical analysis is favored by many, but mostly hated by academics. it involves more trend analysis, weighted moving averages, bolinger bands, etc.

If that sounds interesting to you, then google the CMT designation. (Chartered Market Technician for reference materials) The main book is simply titled Technical Analysis and I picked it up a while back in half.com for ~30.

Alternatively, qualitative analysts focus more on company's future earnings potential, as that is a main factor for long term growth.

In short, fear and speculation moves the mkt in the short term. Trying to time the mkt is very difficult and there is always someone smarter than you out there. The basic investing principal, dollar cost averaging, is what i use. Basically, using a discount broker to auto purchase various etfs and mutual funds each week. I shy away from individual stocks given the lack of diversification. good luck dude.
Unread
  (#9)

September 28, 2012, 01:26 PM

oh, and the actual transation costs make it difficult unless you sign up for higher frequency trading.

i use sharebuilder and don't have any fancy plan, but pay more per transaction. about $4 per order.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 28, 2012, 01:34 PM

If you want to make money in day trading industry, you need to start selling day trading junk to people hoping to get rich day trading. Affiliate signup commissions are huge.

That is the best way to get into day trading.

Aside from that, you can sign up for thinkorswim and paper trade the way you would with real money to see how you would do. https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/disp...:thinkOnDemand
Unread
  (#11)
Site Owner

September 28, 2012, 01:55 PM

What can I put 100k into and get 1000k out in a year?

Any tips?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#12)
Ton Up!

September 28, 2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
If you want to make money in day trading industry, you need to start selling day trading junk to people hoping to get rich day trading. Affiliate signup commissions are huge.

That is the best way to get into day trading.

Aside from that, you can sign up for thinkorswim and paper trade the way you would with real money to see how you would do. https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/disp...:thinkOnDemand

Thinkorswim platform is very nice (think TD bought them). Make sure you have $25K in cash before you even begin thinking about day trading. SEC regulation limits short time transactions that do not settle (3 days i believe it takes) to 5 trades. If you don't have the minimum required account value of $25K you may be restricted to trade until settlement which means you might get stuck in a bad trade.

Day trading is fun and will require time and your ability to jump quickly on day to day market moving monkey news, like law suits, wars, bombings, recalls, deaths etc.

Options trading provides more leverage, you command big money that you don't actually own, but options expire and the leverage works both ways. Unlike stock (unless it actually goes to shit) options will lose value to zero at expiration. You can lose all your money with options.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

September 28, 2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
What can I put 100k into and get 1000k out in a year?

Any tips?
Cocaine, Meth, Heroin all usually come with a 500-1000% ROI. I believe this will deliver the type of return you are looking for.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

September 28, 2012, 04:33 PM

Come talk to me, Im an advisor over at Merrill. I hold a series 7 & series 66 registration. if you are looking for investment advise, start with an advisor and not with the internet. FYI if its anything less than 250k i won't touch it. If you need some tips send me a pm or swoop by my office.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

September 28, 2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ducati View Post
Come talk to me, Im an advisor over at Merrill. I hold a series 7 & series 66 registration. if you are looking for investment advise, start with an advisor and not with the internet. FYI if its anything less than 250k i won't touch it. If you need some tips send me a pm or swoop by my office.

Sounds good. I'm a few months away from a sit down meeting. However I figured I'd try to map out my next step while waiting for my initial investment to come to a close. When it's complete I'll make sure to shoot you a PM.

----------------
Quote: