DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 584
4 members and 580 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Diddle e i

October 12, 2005, 09:45 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101101968.html

scary..

~ John ~

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...14/1_honda.jpg

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Mocaba Send a message via Yahoo to Mocaba Send a message via AIM to Mocaba Send a message via MSN to Mocaba Send a message via Skype™ to Mocaba 
Unread
  (#2)
When in Rome...

October 12, 2005, 09:50 AM

sounds like that officer was an asshole...at least that is the way he's presented. Any of the resident .net coppers have insight on this? Was he out of line?

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 12, 2005, 09:51 AM

ah but the good news is if your privledge to drive in DC is revoked, you can still drive in VA

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to Cajen food...

October 12, 2005, 09:51 AM

She just looks or has the look like she got smart with him... so he nailed her ass to show her who is in charge... just a thought
Unread
  (#5)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 12, 2005, 10:24 AM

I know that MD has a law for driving under the influence. (DUI not DWI). She was driving under the influence, she admitted it. One glass or two, she had alcohol before getting into a car. If that where the case, why didn't she make sure that everything else was legal before driving off? I'd damn well make sure my lights were on if I had been drinking. The cop had every right to pull her over and arrest her. Was he being a dick, maybe. Was she being a cunt, maybe. Either way, she broke the law and got busted.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

October 12, 2005, 11:21 AM

Finance. Sometimes things are bigger than ourselvs and the issue itself. Oh like redlight cameras which produce millions a year in revenue while they end up causing more accidents. Interesting that the class to get the case dropped would have cost 400 bucks. I wonder if there is is any profit from these classes / tickets.

-KTM Duke 2 current
-Suzuki SV1000 crunched by an SUV at 35mph
-honda v45 magna past
-honda ascot vt500ft past
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JCphotog  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

October 12, 2005, 11:24 AM

biotch got busted.
thats one biotch i won't have to worry when im riding.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#8)
Diddle e i

October 12, 2005, 12:10 PM

I agree, he had a right to pull her for lights but she was way under the alcohol limit and was still nailed. Maybe she did get smart..who knows..

~ John ~

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Mocaba Send a message via Yahoo to Mocaba Send a message via AIM to Mocaba Send a message via MSN to Mocaba Send a message via Skype™ to Mocaba 
Unread
  (#9)
You meet the nicest

October 12, 2005, 12:22 PM

I understand “ignorance of the law is no excuse” because everyone would claim that. But “victim of your own ignorance” is a sick twist. You have to wonder about a law against something that the vast majority of people would not consider “bad”.

The Law in this case was stated to be “up to the officer’s discretion”. The officer, ironically named Fair, said in his report that her attitude was confident and cocky. Maybe she was just kidding around because she thought there was no problem? Even if she was a real bitch, officer Fair should consider the integrity of his profession instead of jumping to the smack down to satisfy his needle dick power issues.

His colleagues should kick his ass. James?

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

October 12, 2005, 12:28 PM

if you are going to do the crime be ready to do the time. however i bet if she was totally HOT, or she would have showed cleavaged the cop would have left her go with a warning. afterall we are guys and we weak out at a good looking girl.
i have a friend she gets away everytime. she puts this real sorry face and unbuttons het top.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#11)
When in Rome...

October 12, 2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
i have a friend
liar.
Unread
  (#12)
Diddle e i

October 12, 2005, 01:42 PM

~ John ~

Unread
  (#13)
Addicted to Cajen food...

October 12, 2005, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcDesmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
i have a friend
liar.
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now that's funny!!!
Unread
  (#14)
Super Moderator

October 12, 2005, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCphotog
Finance. Sometimes things are bigger than ourselvs and the issue itself. Oh like redlight cameras which produce millions a year in revenue while they end up causing more accidents. Interesting that the class to get the case dropped would have cost 400 bucks. I wonder if there is is any profit from these classes / tickets.
One, I completely disagree on the redlight camera comment because in D.C.(and yes D.C. only because thats where I drive all the time and Maryland) , at the intersections that have redlight cameras, accidents are actually DOWN significantly. ESPECIALLY MAJOR ACCIDENTS such as getting hit on the side... Minor rear end collisions have happened and its usually the person in the backs fault. And the reason is, they are too close to the car in front. People tailgate a LOT. Plus, they arent paying full attention to their driving in the first place - such as talking on cell phones. Needless to say, Im pro cameras. I say make the ticket $500.00. I know Im not getting one cause Im not going to run a light a give the city any of my money. And for the people who are going to say, the yellow light is too fast, not what Ive seen. Its all a mathematical equation. How long would it take a car to stop at a light when the light turns yellow. But theres the flaw - the speedlimit is too low to begin with! I do agree with that. A lot of people mash on the gas when the light turns yellow to beat the light or they see the light turning yellow and they decide to hug the bumper of the car in front to beat the light..And how many times have I heard this... Red means stop....Green means go...and yellow means go very fast. But for me it boils down to this. At the intersections where they have cameras, I havent had anyone almost hit me from the side. And statistically, accidents are significanly down. But back to the original story...

Lets throw aside the B.A.C. you all know different people have different tolerances. They have to prove that you were under the influence by all those different factors to prove that. Thats where that line thing comes into effect. Cops arent looking to see if you can walk the line or not. They are looking to see HOW you walk the line.. Like the touch the nose test..Same thing...Its not just about touching your nose..They have about 15 things cops look for per test. With this case, I am interested in how the rest of the tests she did...Like the eye test...Thats the BIG giveaway. And plus, I wasnt there...Did she smell of alcohol? WE DONT KNOW. And what about here driving? The cop said that she was driving irratically or something like that...could be from all those DAMN POTHOLES...I know a couple of SEVERE lightweights who cant handle their alcohol and even after one beer they are woosy...Also interested to see how long after she was stopped did she take the breathalizer..I could of went down or went up...If her B.A.C. was .03 and she had the test over an hour after she was stopped....MY ASS she had only one glass of wine...Too many ifs....ands...butts....

And just for the safe side...this is NOT an angry post, Im NOT bashing anyone or anything... Its just an OPINION!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R