DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
0 members and 548 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
DC: You will never Figure Our Parking Signs out !!!
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

DC: You will never Figure Our Parking Signs out !!! - July 13, 2016, 02:30 PM

“After living in DC for 18 years this is the most confusing parking sign I’ve seen yet” | PoPville

I am convinced that DC make the signs confusing on purpose to generate money.....check this posting out.

OP writes:

“After living in DC for 18 years this is the most confusing parking sign I’ve seen yet. On K Street.”

This was DPW’s response:

Quote:
The signs means that after 6:30 pm you may pay to park for more than 2 hours (you can pay for the remaining 3 1/2 hours, during day time hours you can only park on those particular meters for two hours. The signs let citizens know that the meters are still in effect until 10 pm but you do not have to pay after 10:00pm
“…which still doesn’t make sense to me, as the “Loading Zone” sign states that there is no day time parking.”

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

July 13, 2016, 02:44 PM

I like how the MC just said "F it" and parked on the sidewalk...

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

July 13, 2016, 03:06 PM

The person sucks at taking photos. Fixed.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 13, 2016, 03:11 PM

Another reason to run a fake/dummy/dirty tag?

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

July 13, 2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphteey View Post
Another reason to run a fake/dummy/dirty tag?
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Custom...icense%20Plate

ive seen the motorcycle ones also..was about to order 3...

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
i suck at the introweb

July 13, 2016, 04:53 PM

Hum??? Well I would take it the loading zone is for "commercial vehicles only" until 6:30pm, so if just a regular vehicle then the sign doesn't apply. If you get there between 6:30am and 6:59am on Mon-Fri you get an extra 1.5 hours as an early bird special, assuming the meter maid verifies time of arrival and payment. Sat is only 2 hour parking. Parking is free after 10pm and on Sundays. Seems easy enough?

Or always park here, always take it to court with a pic of the sign, and most likely the judge will look at it and toss it out.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#7)
Derpetologist

July 13, 2016, 10:06 PM

It's a trap.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#8)
Yo quiero Trackday!

July 14, 2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_mike View Post
Hum??? Well I would take it the loading zone is for "commercial vehicles only" until 6:30pm, so if just a regular vehicle then the sign doesn't apply. If you get there between 6:30am and 6:59am on Mon-Fri you get an extra 1.5 hours as an early bird special, assuming the meter maid verifies time of arrival and payment. Sat is only 2 hour parking. Parking is free after 10pm and on Sundays. Seems easy enough?

Or always park here, always take it to court with a pic of the sign, and most likely the judge will look at it and toss it out.
^THIS guy!
Unread
  (#9)
Groping is a skill...

July 14, 2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
It's a trap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Montblanc UTC.JPG (103.0 KB, 1 views)

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

July 14, 2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:

Fox 5 did that..had hidden cameras and went to court for a ticket the meter maid wrote illegally. They wrote the ticket at 3:56pm....in a No parking 4pm to 8pm...

Fox 5 waited across the street. took pictures of the ticket the sign and that it was still time left ....judge said..sorry...pay it.

lol

DC parking signs leaving many drivers confused and frustrated - Story | WTTG

After many complaints, DDOT to replace confusing parking signs on problematic DC street - Story | WTTG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzeuVe09_v4

Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

July 14, 2016, 12:29 PM

DC City Council and Parking Enforcement's favorite song

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

July 14, 2016, 02:39 PM

DC is on a roll with the parking enforcement...they make so many multi millions that they do not have a budget issue any more.

They are so pressed not to let a single ticket slip...

I have issues with friends and shit....

My GF is military...with FL tags.

every house gets a paper visitors pass to put in friends cars for parking during residential zone permit parking hours (7am-8pm) between those hours you can only park for 2 hours with out a zone sticker or a visitors parking permit.

so my GF always have my visitors parking permit.

One day DC decides to give her a ticket. For being a resident who did not switch her tags to DC...wtf ??? $40

she sent a letter saying she is visiting her BF and gave my address.

Next after a few months they put a warning on her truck saying if you live her in DC and did not switch her tags from FL to DC she will get a ticket again and now she had to goto the DMV and show proof she do not live in my hood.

My GF is only parked at my house at Most..2 to 3 days a week...at most. and she move her truck almost daily ....

So DC had her take her RENT/Mortgage papers to them..... a BILL in the address she lives with her name on it.....

Along with my bills with my address on it with my name on it...

Fucking DC parking....she did that shit. They still would not delete the $40....this whole thing took 8 months...they said she is still responsible for the $40 ticket..

Even tho she is not a resident of DC....

There justification is that she should have went to the DMV and said...Hey im dating this guy in DC...here is my proof I do not live here....so dont ticket me.

vs. a warning ticket first...

Unread
  (#13)
i suck at the introweb

July 14, 2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
DC is on a roll with the parking enforcement...they make so many multi millions that they do not have a budget issue any more.

They are so pressed not to let a single ticket slip...

I have issues with friends and shit....

My GF is military...with FL tags.

every house gets a paper visitors pass to put in friends cars for parking during residential zone permit parking hours (7am-8pm) between those hours you can only park for 2 hours with out a zone sticker or a visitors parking permit.

so my GF always have my visitors parking permit.

One day DC decides to give her a ticket. For being a resident who did not switch her tags to DC...wtf ??? $40

she sent a letter saying she is visiting her BF and gave my address.

Next after a few months they put a warning on her truck saying if you live her in DC and did not switch her tags from FL to DC she will get a ticket again and now she had to goto the DMV and show proof she do not live in my hood.

My GF is only parked at my house at Most..2 to 3 days a week...at most. and she move her truck almost daily ....

So DC had her take her RENT/Mortgage papers to them..... a BILL in the address she lives with her name on it.....

Along with my bills with my address on it with my name on it...

Fucking DC parking....she did that shit. They still would not delete the $40....this whole thing took 8 months...they said she is still responsible for the $40 ticket..

Even tho she is not a resident of DC....

There justification is that she should have went to the DMV and said...Hey im dating this guy in DC...here is my proof I do not live here....so dont ticket me.

vs. a warning ticket first...
WTF??? It doesn't even matter if she did live in DC or not. She is military! Military is protected by federal law that states can't make them transfer to their tags or license every time they move, cause they move a lot. Trust me, I had a California address on my Maryland registration and Maryland Drivers Licenses. My cousin has a PA Drivers Licenses with a Delaware address with Louisiana tags and a Delaware address. All she has to do is say military show verification and they should be saying sorry have a nice day. Military doesn't even need to have a valid state licenses to register a vehicle in that state.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#14)
TNT
GP Champ

July 15, 2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
WTF??? It doesn't even matter if she did live in DC or not. She is military! Military is protected by federal law that states can't make them transfer to their tags or license every time they move, cause they move a lot. Trust me, I had a California address on my Maryland registration and Maryland Drivers Licenses. My cousin has a PA Drivers Licenses with a Delaware address with Louisiana tags and a Delaware address. All she has to do is say military show verification and they should be saying sorry have a nice day. Military doesn't even need to have a valid state licenses to register a vehicle in that state.
Absolutely right. If she is active duty, she does not have to switch residency, even if stationed elsewhere. The crappy part about this is that they force you to go to court if you want to get rid of the ticket, and they know it's easier for you to pay the $40. It's similar to a lot of the speed cameras - some of them elicit fines that wouldn't stand up in court, but they know that more than 50% will pay it without question. So why not write up fines for everyone, and at a 50% return, you make huge money. It's the way scam artists work. You don't have to worry about fooling a high enough percentage of people. You just need to reach enough people to fool a large enough absolute number of them.
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

July 15, 2016, 10:47 AM

I so wish they got rid of every person in the DMV and hired new people.

we been dating since 2012...had no problem until 2015 when DC started doing more 24 hours patrols through residential areas. After 8pm and some 10pm on residential blocks you can park with no issues until 7am ish.

Now DC is partoling hard. Making all kinds of money and like you guys said. THey will give out a million tickets knowing you will just pay it vs. goto the LIVING FUCKING HELL HOLE DMV office. You can spend half the day and they seem to find a reason to tell you that you need some more information.

My GF had to make 2 trips because the letter they sent here did not list something else.
SO now her vehicle is registered to visit me....and it also said you STILL need to have the visitor pass displayed when visiting, and there is no guarantee not to retrieve another ticket...lol

DC.