DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 529
0 members and 529 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
DCSBN Bicycle Ride this weekend!
Unread
  (#1)
When in Rome...

DCSBN Bicycle Ride this weekend! - July 19, 2006, 08:45 AM

Some of us like to ride bicycles as well as motorcycles, so my wife and I are leading a ride for anyone with a road bike to join this saturday. We will try to do 35-40 miles at a very friendly pace as we are not in shape right now at all. This ride is going to be limited to folks with actual road bikes (no knobby tires). If you want the details on the route, let me know. I want to reinforce that the ride won't be a very high tempo, if it goes well we can see who wants to get together next time for a longer/faster ride. Be sure to bring at least two water bottles and maybe some food if you're new to distance riding. We may stop for some gatorade towards the end if folks want to do that. Also, bring an extra tube and a way to inflate it (either CO2 or a mini-pump). Most important is the tube though. PM me if you're planning on coming and I'll get a list together so we'll know who to wait for.

We'll meet at Pierce Mill at 10 am on Saturday - Pierce mill is in Rock creek park (check the map linked here) right at Beach Dr and Tilden Dr. in NW DC. You can get there from NOVA by taking 395 or 66 to Rock Creek Parkway and then following the parkway and staying to the right until it turns into Beach Drive. There is a stoplight at Tilden, turn left there and park in the Pierce Mill Parking lot. If coming from MD, I'd take 495 and then 16th into DC and right on Blagden, left on Beach, right on Tilden.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...92148,0.139217

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

www.howtoavoidthebummerlife.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
When in Rome...

July 20, 2006, 07:50 AM

bump! what happened to all the interested folks last week?

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

July 20, 2006, 10:05 AM

I didn't think this was going to happen since it wasn't posted last week or earlier this week. Saturday is not busy HOWEVER...I'm game for Sunday!!!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

July 20, 2006, 10:09 AM

BTW...Floyd lost HUGE amounts of time yesterday...BUT holy crap is he making it up today...wow...after this man I hope he wins!

Funny thing is he's from Lancaster, PA...but I don't know him. George Hincapie is the only one I know of since we used to race together. (I beat him in a couple of time trials too) muhaahaaaaaa...although now I think he could out ride me with one leg

Chris
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

July 20, 2006, 10:09 AM

Sweet...Floyd just won the stage! I'll post up how much time he got back.

Chris
Unread
  (#6)
BOOOORING

July 20, 2006, 10:12 AM

I only have a mt. bike so riding on the road does not work well with offroad tires. That and I got hte bike from target for 50 bucks! Front wheel is not straight

Cornerspeed Riders School & Cornerspin School-"Roadracing in the Dirt"
Unread
  (#7)
Addicted to Cajen food...

July 20, 2006, 10:26 AM

Hey Des... if I had a bike AND a sitter, I would definately join you.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

July 20, 2006, 10:27 AM

Holy crap...Floyd came back from 8 minutes down to just 30 seconds! With a flat stage and a time-trial...I think he's going to win the Tour!!! How great is that...two American's in a row! And a total of three!!!!

Greg LeMond...Lance Armstrong...and next up Floyd Landis

Chris
Unread
  (#9)

July 20, 2006, 10:57 AM

NO DOUBT!!! That's friggin awesome!
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

July 20, 2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu
NO DOUBT!!! That's friggin awesome!
I put this race up there with Greg LeMond's 1989 time-trial where he won the tour by 8 seconds! Amazing stuff...

Chris
Unread
  (#11)

July 20, 2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I put this race up there with Greg LeMond's 1989 time-trial where he won the tour by 8 seconds! Amazing stuff...
I totally haven't been following the race that close... I caught yesterday where they said at his pace, he would be down atleast 5 minutes... this is deinfately a great comeback!
Unread
  (#12)
When in Rome...

July 20, 2006, 11:57 AM

1. Lemond is a gigantic, smelly pussy and anything good he ever did has been erased by his pussy antics as a retiree

2. This ride is happening on satuday with or with you, but still pm me if you're in (hey hey? any takers...bueller?)

3. This sunday doesn't work for me, but after this one I"m free on Sundays.

4. What floyd did today was unreal. Did you see the smile as they let him go on the first climb assuming that he was just "testing out the legs"? This is one of the few moments when I feel proud to be an American... you certainly don't see gutsy riding like that coming from the French, Spanish, Itallian or Germans. Let's hope he's got something left in the tank for the TT ... Sastre certainly isn't a bad TT rider and will be right behind Landis tomorrow so he'll know what he has to do.

bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com

Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

July 21, 2006, 02:14 PM

Floyd is a stud..Gotta watch the time trial tomorrow. Man I hope he can pull it off.

2006 Black ZX-10
Unread
  (#14)
( * )|( * )

July 21, 2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylan
Floyd is a stud..Gotta watch the time trial tomorrow. Man I hope he can pull it off.
He's going to win the tour tomorrow...no doubt!

Chris
Unread
  (#15)
( * )|( * )

July 21, 2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcDesmo
1. Lemond is a gigantic, smelly pussy and anything good he ever did has been erased by his pussy antics as a retiree

2. This ride is happening on satuday with or with you, but still pm me if you're in (hey hey? any takers...bueller?)

3. This sunday doesn't work for me, but after this one I"m free on Sundays.

4. What floyd did today was unreal. Did you see the smile as they let him go on the first climb assuming that he was just "testing out the legs"? This is one of the few moments when I feel proud to be an American... you certainly don't see gutsy riding like that coming from the French, Spanish, Itallian or Germans. Let's hope he's got something left in the tank for the TT ... Sastre certainly isn't a bad TT rider and will be right behind Landis tomorrow so he'll know what he has to do.
Yeah...you know how the nationality card is played in races and what Landis did and what Armstrong has done really brought some respect to the field when an "American" is mentioned.

I'll hit you up next weekend...Sunday is race day so I'll be heading out in the morning for a 40 to 50 mile ride. I'll stay down here though and knock out some hills off PWC...nothing big but they are steady hills which are decent for getting the legs warmed up. I'd like to hit skyline once I get some sort of conditioning done because I do plan on racing next year but there's so much work ahead ugh!

Chris