DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 515
3 members and 512 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

View Poll Results: Who will win and how?
DeLaHoya by TKO 5 50.00%
Mayorga by TKO 3 30.00%
DeLa Hoya by Decision 2 20.00%
Mayorga by Decision 0 0%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
De La Hoya v. Mayorga....
Unread
  (#1)
A girl must have her toys

De La Hoya v. Mayorga.... - April 27, 2006, 03:33 PM

A lot of bad blood building on this one....

Who do you think will win?

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#2)
ATTN INVESTORS!

April 27, 2006, 03:43 PM

I'm a little bummed that I'll miss this one cuz I'll be in the UK...for work. De La Hoya should be able to outbox Mayorga for 12 rounds but Oscar has been inactive for like 18 mo. Mayorga is a relentless muvfuka. The safe bet is probably with Oscar....but I'd take the odds on El Matador.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#3)
I am awesome

April 27, 2006, 03:56 PM

De La Hoya definitely has the edge on skills but Mayorga is one tough mutha. I don't know if talent and experience can overcome softness and Mayorga's intensity in this one.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)

April 27, 2006, 04:55 PM

I think this is going to turn into De La Hoya's first street brawl. I want him to win cause I can not stand Mayorga... My boyfriend is from Nicaragua and he can not stand Mayorga either.

99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#5)
ATTN INVESTORS!

April 27, 2006, 05:16 PM

If its a street fight...Oscar is done. No way does he stand and trade with Mayorga. Did you see Trinidad vs Mayorga? Sure, Tito got up from the beach, dusted the sand off his ass and came in and knocked Mayorga out....but Mayorga stood and let Tito have not one...but two free left hooks. Getting hit with Tito's left hook is like getting kicked by a mule. Mayorga just stood there. No way does Oscar have the power to phase Mayorga.

Oscar will either use movement, quick combos and get out...or he can just go ahead and sell advertising on the bottom of his shoes. It'll only be a "fight" if Mayorga is able to force him to.

Oscar can win a dec...but he ain't knocking Mayorga out.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#6)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

April 27, 2006, 05:40 PM

de la hoya...

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#7)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

April 27, 2006, 05:58 PM

goooooooooo Mayorga!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#8)
noise

April 27, 2006, 10:31 PM

If Oscar can keep it technical, he'll win easily... watch out he's still got the 45 waiting to clock Mayorga!

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#9)

May 7, 2006, 11:49 AM

Well for those of you who do not know.. De La Hoya handed Mayorga an ass beatin he was not expecting. Knocked him down twice in the 1st round and finaly beat him in the 6th. It was awsome! Everytime Mayorga would get hit he had this dumbfounded look on his face... De La Hoyas Left was unstoppable!

De La Hoya had little trouble finding his target as he landed 116 of 264 punches and 48 of 108 jabs. The free-swinging Mayorga landed 58 of 333 punches and just six of 136 jabs.

Finally Ref stops fight after a combination of punches that Mayorga never responded to.

What gets me is how much of a gentlemen De La Hoya is that he went up to Mayorga after the fight and told him that he forgave him for all the shit he talked about before the fight, including what he said about his wife, his nationality and his manhood. I would have gone up to him and said .... "Who's the bitch now, pendejo?!"

99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
De La hoya
Unread
  (#10)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Cool De La hoya - May 7, 2006, 11:57 AM

I did not see it

but apparently De La Hoya dominated

it will be replayed on HBO saturday

if mayorga could BOX as well as he can talk shit

he would be dangerous

he is exciting though...and entertaining

nothing like watching a chain smoking ex gang banger grabbing his nuts all the time

I am guessing Ice T is a big fan of Mayorga

Last edited by deffjamm; May 7, 2006 at 12:02 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
Happiness Consultant

Cool May 7, 2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POYITA
What gets me is how much of a gentlemen De La Hoya is that he went up to Mayorga after the fight and told him that he forgave him for all the shit he talked about before the fight, including what he said about his wife, his nationality and his manhood. I would have gone up to him and said .... "Who's the bitch now, pendejo?!"
Its called class. One of the other reasons why Oscar will be remembered. He already beat the guy - why rub it in and show your ass. There is such a thing as a sore winner - Oscar ain't that guy.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#12)
I'm an Asshole

May 7, 2006, 12:02 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if all that shit talking was oscar's idea. Everyone knows he's out for one last championship run to retire on top, and the quickest way to get a championship fight is with controversy. People don't necessarily pay to see the best fighters, they pay to see the most exciting. Shit talking is more fake in boxing in any other sport because boxers know that the more shit you talk, the more will pay to see, and the bigger the pay day will be. Ali understood this, Tyson understood this, and I'm sure de la hoya knows this.

Lets start the countdown to Tarver vs. Hopkins. I can hold a party at my apartment if anyone is interested seeing it in High Def on a 61" dlp.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to griffindj Send a message via Skype™ to griffindj 
Unread
  (#13)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

May 7, 2006, 12:22 PM

niceeeeeeeeeeeee pics

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Owner

May 7, 2006, 12:31 PM

was a good fight... the best part was the free tequlia, coronas and food.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#15)

May 7, 2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffindj
i wouldn't be surprised if all that shit talking was oscar's idea. Everyone knows he's out for one last championship run to retire on top, and the quickest way to get a championship fight is with controversy. People don't necessarily pay to see the best fighters, they pay to see the most exciting. Shit talking is more fake in boxing in any other sport because boxers know that the more shit you talk, the more will pay to see, and the bigger the pay day will be. Ali understood this, Tyson understood this, and I'm sure de la hoya knows this.

Lets start the countdown to Tarver vs. Hopkins. I can hold a party at my apartment if anyone is interested seeing it in High Def on a 61" dlp.
Mayorga has always been a shit talker... he did the same with Trinidad and got his ass beat! I think De La Hoya should retire now and all his energy into Golden Boy, but rumor has it he will fight one more time.

99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)