DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 572
2 members and 570 guests
Taty, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dealing with non-riding SO (significant other)
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Dealing with non-riding SO (significant other) - March 4, 2007, 10:54 AM

Ok. Didn't know where to post this but here goes.

I originally got into biking because of my wife. She saw somebody on a bike and mentioned it to me. Well I got interested in it for her.

As i began to get more into it, I did it for me. Now she says I killed it for her. The excitement was that bikers were daring. Rode without proper gear; no helmet, regular shoes, shorts and tshirt...blah blah blah. FUCK THAT.

I have seen too many (both on video and real life) what happens when you go down without gear on. I could take the low road and say she dont know shit about bikers except what she sees on the movies, but that wouldn't solve anything. I mean she said I was being un "Badboyish" by wearing my racing boots. The funny thing is that Ive seen those same people that ride in jeans with racing boots underneath. Of course she doesn't notice it.

Just wanted to know how you deal with people like that. I can dish it out to people who are friends or people you see from passing, but how do you handle a SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#2)
Mooo

March 4, 2007, 11:12 AM

Just let her read this thread:

Why wear boots?

If she doesn't understand then...not sure what will bro.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Quake4Ialdaris1  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

March 4, 2007, 11:22 AM

she's a spectator, now that you actually ride you know what safety is and what you need to do to make sure you go home to her in one piece but she neva sat on the bike so she wouldnt understand why you got a one piece suit and boots and all the good gear, she jus likes to see the "cool" guys ride in nothing and pop wheelies

i tink you should jus sit her down and show her some videos online and wha happens widout gear and then she MIGHT understand if not oh well u just stay bein safe
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#4)
You meet the nicest

March 4, 2007, 11:25 AM

Oh God

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

March 4, 2007, 11:35 AM

oh jeebus.
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

March 4, 2007, 11:38 AM

oh poptars!

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
What's today? aah fuck it

March 4, 2007, 11:50 AM

omfg i just found my new sig line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95
Ok. Didn't know where to post this but here goes.

I originally got into biking because of my wife. She saw somebody on a bike and mentioned it to me. Well I got interested in it for her.

As i began to get more into it, I did it for me. Now she says I killed it for her. The excitement was that bikers were daring. Rode without proper gear; no helmet, regular shoes, shorts and tshirt...blah blah blah. FUCK THAT.

I have seen too many (both on video and real life) what happens when you go down without gear on. I could take the low road and say she dont know shit about bikers except what she sees on the movies, but that wouldn't solve anything. I mean she said I was being un "Badboyish" by wearing my racing boots. The funny thing is that Ive seen those same people that ride in jeans with racing boots underneath. Of course she doesn't notice it.

Just wanted to know how you deal with people like that. I can dish it out to people who are friends or people you see from passing, but how do you handle a SO.
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

March 4, 2007, 11:57 AM

Looks like you already know how to handle this. Check yo sig.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#9)
H@ting on your Bling

March 4, 2007, 12:12 PM

plenty of eye opening videos of people destroying themselves, if she doesnt get the point after that, who cares. ride for yourself, not to impress her.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

March 4, 2007, 12:21 PM

put her on the back with no gear and crank a wheelie. she'll learn quick!

JK

Last edited by Space; March 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
Like a clown car on fire

March 4, 2007, 12:52 PM

Well, I was gonna recommend you show her more outcomes of riding unsafely, but honestly, right now you kinda have it good. Would yo rather have a wife that wants you to ride but thinks you don't do it "extreme" enough for her, or a wife that is so sure you're gonna become a wet spot on a jersey barrier that she doesn't want you riding at all?

If you're riding for you and not her, then let her call you a pussy, you know differently, and just tell her you need more riding time, maybe a newer better bike before you can ride all badass.. use this to your advantage.

another thing you can try is to try to get some less racer looking gear and more normal looking protected clothing. They make protected boots, jeans, jackets and gloves that look pretty normal for everyday use. You can try getting some gear like that and just not tell her that it's safe.

Oh and make sure she's not hopping on your bike or anyone else's with no gear.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#12)
Lurking

March 4, 2007, 01:20 PM

You don't happen to have life insurance do you? Sorry but I gotta play devils advocate here for a sec. Maybe getting you on a bike with no gear was her plan for another reason. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm..............

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CrazyDaDa  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

March 4, 2007, 01:40 PM

I ride for me and me only. I wear what I wear because 1) I got a job and leaving body parts on the road is not in that picture. 2) I wanna see my kids grow up 3) thats what I want to rock.

She just dont know shit about bikers and thats the problem. She aint the only one. All those idiots who dont know why we wear what we wear can get on a bike themselves and see whats it all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#14)
Whoa, Momma!

March 4, 2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacoolest
You don't happen to have life insurance do you?
ROFL!!!

My girl, after listening to a sales guy talk about helmets, she make it a point to check out any helmet I was interested in. Mind you, she doesn't know much at all about helmets... but what little she did know she enforced like a parole officer.

Seriously, ask your girl if she's more insterested in a "bad boy" or a husband in a coffin.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to lucrecci  
Unread
  (#15)
Republicans for Voldemort

March 4, 2007, 01:47 PM

have her take a look at these two links....

Part 1--- http://kontraband.com/show/show.asp?...p%20girlfriend

Part 2--- http://kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1594

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider