DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
5 members and 556 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Scot, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
A girl must have her toys

August 18, 2005, 10:04 AM

AP, August 18, 2005
Piper Terminators 13
NW FMFers 3

The Guy Mason post season tournament determines who goes to the city playoffs and a team has to make it to the finals of the league tourney in order to secure a slot in the West Potomac Park Shootout on August 27th. Over the past two seasons the Terminators have carried perfect records through the season until Coach Wheeler took vacation and left the team to fend for itself. Each hiatus has resulted in the only league play losses for the Terminators. So there was some trepidation on the part of the surrogate coaching staff with Eliza Nagle as Manager, while David Fletcher and Don Prather handled field strategy.

The bottom half the batting order for the Terminators drew first blood when, in the second inning, Bill Gately drove in two runs on a long double to left and was then driven in himself on a sacrifice fly by Prather, making the score 3-0. The top half of the order answered in kind the following inning with Fletcher coming home on Cameron Mackenzie's double. Then with Nagle on second and Mackenzie third, Mike Short gave the FMFers a bit of a scare when he hit a scorching line-drive right back into the pitcher's chest, knocking him down. He was still able to make the play at first to get Short out, but not before Mackenzie scored on the play. (one note: Cameron Mackenzie managed to get through the evening without falling down even once . . .it was great!)

Going into the bottom the 5th with a 7-0 lead, the Terminators erupted, as they are wont to do late in the game, with six runs including a two RBI double by Danette Cruz and Joe Blackston's weekly in-the-park homerun that drove in two runs as well.

In the field, the Terminator defense, which has been pretty tough all season, held true last night behind the pitching of Blackston and some great work all around the diamond. Regina Amolsch came up with a deceptive pop-up to start things off. Joe Blackston made the plays up the middle he seems to make every week. Christina Antelo made a great play on a fly ball deep in the power alley of left-center field. The defensive play of the night had to be when third-sacker Alida Dagostino came up with a sharp grounder and rifled the ball to first in time to put out the FMFers fleet-footed shortstop.

The only crack in the Terminators defense came in the final inning when the FMFers managed to put together three runs in a vain attempt to make a comeback. Had their bats come alive earlier, the game could have been a much tougher test for the Terminators, but it was not to be as the Terminators finished them off.

TERMINATOR OF THE WEEK: Top honors this week go to Bill Gately. After getting to the game just before the opening pitch and little to no warm-up time, Gately went three for three on the night with two doubles, a single and two RBI's. He also scored three runs; twice on some good heads up base-running getting to the plate before the fielder's realized he was there. Hats off to Bill on a fine performance.

The Terminators are now preparing for the Semi-finals, next Wednesday night, 7:30 at Guy Mason Park. They will be playing the winner of the quarter final match between the Fannie Mae Loan Stars and Urban Legends. If they win, they play at 9:30 the same night for the league championship. Coach Wheeler will be back at the helm and ready to drive this team onward and upward! Come on out and cheer us on!

Don Prather
Humble Interim Field Strategist

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#2)
i like to make toilet

August 18, 2005, 10:06 AM

good job girl
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Addicted to Cajen food...

August 18, 2005, 10:07 AM

CONGRATS DEE!!!! Glad you guys won.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
I'm so tired

August 18, 2005, 10:09 AM

Go Dee Go !!!

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

August 18, 2005, 10:10 AM

DAYUM!!! TIL is famous!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 18, 2005, 10:12 AM

OK this is thread is worthless without pics!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#7)
Asleep at the wheel!

August 18, 2005, 10:13 AM

Way to kick some ass Dee!

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

August 18, 2005, 10:59 AM

You're killing it...way to go Dee!

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

August 18, 2005, 11:18 AM

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#10)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

August 18, 2005, 11:24 AM

Test her for Steroids

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi