DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 581
6 members and 575 guests
Diggy, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Slider, t84a, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Delaware and all it's benefits
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Delaware and all it's benefits - December 21, 2015, 04:19 PM

Does anyone have experience or heard of experiences of buying a postage stamp lot with a mail box, making DE your primary residence?

No VA car tax. No unfair VA DMV point system (anything over 80 is reckless even if the speed limit is 70). No VA income tax?

Seems like a viable option just from these three points.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

December 21, 2015, 09:49 PM

A few buddies rent a little apartment in nowhere Delaware just outside of New Castle for $400/mo. $100 each person. It's use is pretty much for tax purposes.

Another old friend from New York bought a trailer home in Delaware for $30,000, rented it out most of the vacation season, but continued to use it as his address.
Even with the renters I think there's only a requirement that it be "your" residence for 7 months out of the year to qualify as a principal address

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Fast Lane Racing

December 22, 2015, 08:19 AM

I'm going to do this with vegas or houston for the exact same reasons. The income tax savings alone will pay for the place. My plan is to get a close friend to join in on it and really make it work for us. That cuts costs in half.

Just be careful if you park your vehicle on the street with out of state tags. Eventually the cops will start giving you warnings. Or neighbors will narc on you. There are other tricks the tax man will use. My mom told me she know of people in Vegas getting busted because their utility bills did not reflect residency. Just play it smart and this will work! My parents did this back in the day with Nevada and VA.

Heist you are correct. You must be in the state more than 180 days to claim it as your residence.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

December 22, 2015, 08:31 AM

I would imagine being DE is close more people would do this.

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS Recruiter

December 22, 2015, 12:04 PM

IN

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

December 22, 2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcslvr View Post
I would imagine being DE is close more people would do this.
Depends on your assets and what you need to shelter. Some people don't have enough to make doing this worth the extra time and attention.

But if you have say a RV and a boat and live in Virginia, absolutely makes sense.

I still don't understand VAs tax code and how they continue to charge property tax every year on the value of durable goods, capital equipment, and machinery for which the owner has already paid sales taxes for.

It's like paying a derivative sales tax each year which in my mind would act as a disincentive to purchasing goods if you live in the state.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Stop light racer...

December 22, 2015, 01:22 PM

Not saying you can, can't, should, or shouldn't do this... but I moved from VA to DC and got audited by the Tax man because I had two addresses.

I had to provide all this proof of residence, bills, dates, leases, mortgage docs, ect... and the potential fines were in the $1,000s.

So basically you might get away with it, but you also might get hit someday with years and years of back taxes plus tons of fines which grow larger with time.

- Norway Daily, 90' VFR750, V4 Touring Beast
- USA Daily, 08' Versys - Urban Assault vehicle
- Toy, 02' Ducati 900ss - Loud and angry noises
- Toy, 89' FZR600 - Raw Inline Deathbox
- Project, 91' CB250 - Goal: lightweight city bike
- Project, 79' CB350 - Finally runs, now to finish

- Sold, Red 94' VS800 - Loud as F@*$
* R.I.P. Blue 06' SV650, murdered by DC!
* R.I.P. Black 98' FZR600, murdered by DC!
- Sold, Red 81' GS650
- Sold, Black 81' CM400T
Unread
  (#8)
Silence... I keeeel you

December 22, 2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
I'm going to do this with vegas or houston for the exact same reasons. The income tax savings alone will pay for the place. My plan is to get a close friend to join in on it and really make it work for us. That cuts costs in half.

Just be careful if you park your vehicle on the street with out of state tags. Eventually the cops will start giving you warnings. Or neighbors will narc on you. There are other tricks the tax man will use. My mom told me she know of people in Vegas getting busted because their utility bills did not reflect residency. Just play it smart and this will work! My parents did this back in the day with Nevada and VA.

Heist you are correct. You must be in the state more than 180 days to claim it as your residence.
I'd do DE. Living in DE and commuting to DC is within reason. I actually know people that do it for real. Living in Vegas and working in DC isn't going to fly for non military people.

With that said. I'm down to go in on a cheap place in DE with a few people.

Hell, lets go all out and get a few acres to ride dirtbikes and stuff.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:

Last edited by drnknmnky13; December 22, 2015 at 11:01 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
Fast Lane Racing

December 23, 2015, 08:36 AM

You're right. My situation is a bit different as I work remote full time.

My other plan to escape local taxes is to join Sterling volunteer rescue. I've been wanting to do that for a while but haven't been able to dedicate the time to stay in town. Especially with racing. Not paying personal property tax alone would save me the same amount as if I were to not pay state income tax.

Last edited by CCS762ZX6; December 23, 2015 at 08:38 AM..
Unread
  (#10)
AMA Superbike Champ

Smile February 10, 2016, 08:59 PM

Just for the record you're the Dumbass because DE also have DMV so if you were to claim residency your points would transfer. Where as if you had some shit hole house in MD you would register to the MVA they don't talk. You're welcome... Dumbass. Oh yeah no property tax on your car either... BTW I really hope it isn't a 370z That's a woman's car
Unread
  (#11)
Fast Lane Racing

February 10, 2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Where as if you had some shit hole house in MD you would register to the MVA they don't talk..
Not anymore. Maryland is now a member of AAMVA
AAMVA - State to State

Last edited by CCS762ZX6; February 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
AMA Superbike Champ

February 10, 2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Not anymore. Maryland is now a member of AAMVA
AAMVA - State to State
I got a ticket there 7 months ago 110 on 495 they cannot take or touch my license in VA in any way on top of that I just pulled my driving record frim dmv for insurance. If it does show next time I pull it I will gladly tell you
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

February 11, 2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee703 View Post
I got a ticket there 7 months ago 110 on 495 they cannot take or touch my license in VA in any way on top of that I just pulled my driving record frim dmv for insurance. If it does show next time I pull it I will gladly tell you
Didn't realize you could pedal that fast.

----------------
Quote:

Unread
  (#14)
GDMFSOB

February 11, 2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Just be careful if you park your vehicle on the street with out of state tags.
Might look into registering your trailer and truck in Maine. They have an excise tax, but it's nowhere near the $ amount of PPT. If your truck is more than 3 years old, the rate drops significantly.
Not that I would skirt the law, of course.
Do the math based on retail value.
Excise Tax, Property Tax, MRS
https://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=1758

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#15)
Yo quiero Trackday!

February 11, 2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee703 View Post
Just for the record you're the Dumbass because DE also have DMV so if you were to claim residency your points would transfer. Where as if you had some shit hole house in MD you would register to the MVA they don't talk. You're welcome... Dumbass. Oh yeah no property tax on your car either... BTW I really hope it isn't a 370z That's a woman's car

Backstory to the drama?