DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 491
3 members and 488 guests
boomboom929, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dell computers
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Dell computers - August 17, 2008, 05:43 PM

I just bought a Dell computer and I am having Issues. I have been fighting with them trying to get my comp fixed for 3 days now, not to mention there is a DVD stuck in my system. They are trying to do this stuff VIA internet and they don't speak English so I can't even under stand what they are saying. NEVER BUY A DELL.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#2)
klk
Licensed Rider

August 17, 2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
They are trying to do this stuff VIA internet and they don't speak English so I can't even under stand what they are saying. NEVER BUY A DELL.
I went throught that a few years ago. I think the guy was from India. After 2 hours of trying to figure out what he was saying. I finally asked for someone that spoke ENGLISH. If you persist they will transfer you to someone else.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to klk Send a message via MSN to klk  
Unread
  (#3)
Can I borrow ur lighter?

August 17, 2008, 05:46 PM

bleh... Ive owned a xps m1330 and never had a problem, i take that back, my mute push button stopped working, and 15min with "Raja" via internet had me back in business.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

August 17, 2008, 06:13 PM

Alienware ftw!! ... j/k my lappy broke down just a week before the warranty ended and had to send it back to their facility for like 5 times .. eventually they changed almost everything.. gcard, mobo, ram, processor .. took like 4 months to get it fixed but its been good since then .. I bet they could have just send me a new lappy with all the shipping costs they had to pay
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Triple Secks

August 17, 2008, 06:16 PM

Gold service get's you people that can speak english. That's what i have experience with, and i never had any problems.

Otherwise i build my own pcs.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

August 17, 2008, 06:27 PM

at work when we call dell we never have any issues. Maybe the customer support is different for home users vs premier users. Might also be the fact that we spend a couple millions of dollars a year with them.
Unread
  (#7)
Serial Killer

August 17, 2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP
Alienware ftw!! ... j/k my lappy broke down just a week before the warranty ended and had to send it back to their facility for like 5 times .. eventually they changed almost everything.. gcard, mobo, ram, processor .. took like 4 months to get it fixed but its been good since then .. I bet they could have just send me a new lappy with all the shipping costs they had to pay
I think Alienware is owned by Dell now. As for the stuck DVD in the drive, take a paperclip and insert into the small hole in the drive. Push it in and the drive should pop open. What other issues are you having with your machine? Are they OS related (Vista/XP) or hardware related?

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

August 17, 2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy
I think Alienware is owned by Dell now. As for the stuck DVD in the drive, take a paperclip and insert into the small hole in the drive. Push it in and the drive should pop open. What other issues are you having with your machine? Are they OS related (Vista/XP) or hardware related?
it isn't one of those drives, it is a slot drive like a cd player. other stuff i am having trouble with is the finger print scanner isn't working and the screen gets too dark when it is unplugged. i can barely see it even in a dark room.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#9)
Railing!

August 17, 2008, 09:07 PM

So its a laptop then? Anyway to make the screen brighter you use the Fn key and the Up arrow key to increase brightness. At least on mine you do. I have had no issues with my laptop as of yet. One thing you should do is check out their website to see if there are any bios updates and new drivers for the finger print scanner.

One thing I did upon getting the new laptop was the new bios right away. Then I stripped the OS from it. Loaded Linux then Loaded Vista 64 bit as a clean load.

Forceofnature

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten. They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.
Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

August 17, 2008, 09:26 PM

finger print scanners suck in general.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

August 18, 2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceofnature
So its a laptop then? Anyway to make the screen brighter you use the Fn key and the Up arrow key to increase brightness. At least on mine you do. I have had no issues with my laptop as of yet. One thing you should do is check out their website to see if there are any bios updates and new drivers for the finger print scanner.

One thing I did upon getting the new laptop was the new bios right away. Then I stripped the OS from it. Loaded Linux then Loaded Vista 64 bit as a clean load.
did all that, and the brightest the screen gets is still very dark.

Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

August 18, 2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
finger print scanners suck in general.
i am beginning to get that.

Unread
  (#13)
Serial Killer

August 18, 2008, 06:57 AM

Dell has had issues recently with their screens - when did you get it? I believe Dell has a 21-day return policy. I'd threaten them with a return if/when you talk to them next. If you got it from Staples or Best Buy, see if you're also within their return period, and ask for an exchange, then open it and turn it on right there so you can see the display.

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#14)
www.udothedishes.com

August 18, 2008, 09:37 AM

Dell sucks...i bought an xps laptop about a year and a half ago and now it overheats like a mofo...if i don't have it propped 2 inches off any kind of surface it fries my hard drive or ram. Then it starts to have hiccups because the memory is F'd.

Next - ?
05 Yamaha R6 - Street (SOLD)
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

August 18, 2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
did all that, and the brightest the screen gets is still very dark.
I think they screen dims when it s running on battery to save power. I am pretty sure you can turn that off though, same thing happens to the network card.