DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 592
3 members and 589 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, Diggy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Did you know...
Unread
  (#1)
No! You!

Did you know... - May 2, 2008, 04:11 PM

Sales Tax in....
  • DC sales tax: 5.75%
  • DC hotel tax: 14.5%
  • DC restaurant tax: 10%
  • Maryland: Sales tax is 5%. Hotel tax varies by county with most counties averaging between 5% and 8%.
  • Virginia: Sales tax is 5%. Hotel tax varies by county with most counties averaging between 9.5% and 10%.
It's getting expensive to eat in DC!!!

Miami Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexxx
I slapped him in the forehead for being vulgar (I'm a lady, dammit).
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Like a clown car on fire

May 2, 2008, 04:15 PM

This is the bane of all medium to large metropolitan cities... Tons of people live outside of it, but commute in to work there. Therefore they but a burden on the public infrastructure system but do not pay local taxes to the city to support it. their taxes go to the suburb counties, which is why they are usually nicer. Bumping up the taxes on commodities and services is how they balance things out a bit.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

May 2, 2008, 04:16 PM

Holy luxury tax, batgirl. Good looking out! Thanks.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
Asleep at the wheel!

May 2, 2008, 04:24 PM

I am pretty sure it has been 10% for years.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#5)
I am a bitch, so what?

May 2, 2008, 04:24 PM

Maryland sales tax went up to 6% at the beginning of the year.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#6)
NW DC Rider

May 2, 2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelHead
I am pretty sure it has been 10% for years.
It has.

I came from WA state which has 8.91% sales tax on everything so it never really bothered me though.

But no state income tax there which imo is a far better trade. DC's "state" taxes suck ass.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#7)
girls just wanna have fun

May 3, 2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSheDevil
Maryland sales tax went up to 6% at the beginning of the year.
Yep, it did. And as a Maryland resident and consumer, I get nothing out of that tax. Except, I pay more. I bet the politicians are pocketing all that extra. They always vote raises for themselves.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whirled  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

May 3, 2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled
Yep, it did. And as a Maryland resident and consumer, I get nothing out of that tax. Except, I pay more. I bet the politicians are pocketing all that extra. They always vote raises for themselves.
then we need to start fireing them! honestly i don't believe in pay for government work because you are supposed to do it for the love of your country and not make a business out of it. i think it is really sad that lawyers have slimed their way into public positions. on top of that they are already rich and now they use the government as a tool to put more money in their pockets. it all just makes me sick.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

May 3, 2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled

Of course you get nothing out of it ... you have a job! If you want to get something out of the system... quit your job, sell drugs and smoke crack, collect welfare and blame society for your ignorance. Oh wait half of MD does that now...maybe thats why your taxes are so high.

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
Unread
  (#10)
Spike

May 3, 2008, 09:37 AM

Good info Mireli, thanks!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#11)
NW DC Rider

May 3, 2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
then we need to start fireing them! honestly i don't believe in pay for government work because you are supposed to do it for the love of your country and not make a business out of it. i think it is really sad that lawyers have slimed their way into public positions. on top of that they are already rich and now they use the government as a tool to put more money in their pockets. it all just makes me sick.
really? And I don't think I should pay for a sandwich because the sandwich maker should do it for the love of sandwich making!

And far more than half of our founding fathers (you know, the people that setup this country) were LAWYERS or legal experience/education... so it's not some new thing that they've come into public positions. Not quite sure why it's sad that LAWyers are the ones are involved with making LAWs.

Complain about corruption, complain about interest groups, complain about bloated bureaucracy... but at least makes your complaints sensible.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#12)
Fack yo pony...

May 3, 2008, 08:00 PM

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

May 3, 2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouck
really? And I don't think I should pay for a sandwich because the sandwich maker should do it for the love of sandwich making!

And far more than half of our founding fathers (you know, the people that setup this country) were LAWYERS or legal experience/education... so it's not some new thing that they've come into public positions. Not quite sure why it's sad that LAWyers are the ones are involved with making LAWs.

Complain about corruption, complain about interest groups, complain about bloated bureaucracy... but at least makes your complaints sensible.
did you go to college? all i have to say is they better hope i don't loose my ZEST for life.... or my will to live.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#14)
NW DC Rider

May 4, 2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
did you go to college? all i have to say is they better hope i don't loose my ZEST for life.... or my will to live.
Indeed I did, have the fancy framed paper and debt to prove it About to go back to school as well. However, I'm not quite seeing how my education relevant...

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
Unread
  (#15)
P

May 4, 2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXYBCH
+1 I second that smiley, this is getting good

Jah Love

2006 SV650S