DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
2 members and 540 guests
nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Disney buys Lucasfilm (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/disney-buys-lucasfilm-77710/)

BluWolf October 30, 2012 03:43 PM

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Disney Acquires The Rights To Lucasfilm, Developing Star Wars Episode VII For 2015 - CinemaBlend.com

Absolutely stunned. I never thought Lucas would ever let go until after his dirt nap. I am curious where this is going to go.

Heist October 30, 2012 03:52 PM

I saw this cross my investment feed earlier today.
$4B is a lot of money to play with, and he has plenty of revenue being generated from Industrial Light and Magic and LucasGames, but I am stunned he relinquished the rights to Lucas Films and not just Star Wars!

This would also include Indiana Jones and the Star Wars Clone Wars animated series, which is doing fantastic ratings for CN.

RobMoore October 30, 2012 04:08 PM

Too bad this deal didn't go through before Indiana Jones 4.

lqdgrphcs October 30, 2012 07:39 PM

WTF???? This is a real surprise to me. Figured Lucas would not let go of that shit until well after he croaker. I wonder what they are going to do with the Lucasfilm Campus. I guess Star Wars: Clones Wars is going to switch from Cartoon Network to ABC Kids.....that is gonna suck because they will water down the violence.

I am slacking.......I usually am up on this kind of information.

HumanNippy October 30, 2012 08:11 PM

yay more SW movies but it is odd that he sold off Lucasfilm.

lqdgrphcs October 30, 2012 08:20 PM

Maybe he is ready to really retire and is tired of getting his ass ripped every time he pisses over his own legacy.

bcr229 October 30, 2012 11:08 PM

LooseTooth October 30, 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcr229 (Post 1297058)

ouch! lol!!

Heist October 30, 2012 11:49 PM

vonstallin October 31, 2012 09:21 AM

Read this last night....its a good thing I think.

I like the last 3 SW, but I think he is trying to over fill the storys with way to much political mombo jumbo. At least with Disney and the talents of Marvel they should make a decent film...but with less violence maybe. :(

What I am surprised about is the 2015 launch of Episode 7.

Thats less than 3 years away so production would need to start next year. They have an army of stories to choose from.

Anyway, 4 billion to give up your legacy...your baby....I might can do it also. Depends.

I wonder if he is going to give allot of that away. Id buy a small country and fill it with the hottest chicks on earth....and give away free birth control.

It would be called.......Pussyville USA.

KANEDA October 31, 2012 09:29 AM

Heist October 31, 2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonstallin (Post 1297173)

What I am surprised about is the 2015 launch of Episode 7.

Thats less than 3 years away so production would need to start next year. They have an army of stories to choose from.

Anyway, 4 billion to give up your legacy...your baby....I might can do it also. Depends.

Digital sets allow film companies to speed up the production cycle immensely. No longer do you need to scout locations, pull permits, send out a second unit, wait for the right weather and time of day, etc. etc.

They don't have to rent huge soundstages and build monsterous sets either. Literally cuts months if not a full year out of the production shoot.

But one thing I did note in the press release, Lucas did not sell Industrial Light & Magic. Conceivably, although he no longer own SW, Disney will have to come back to him for all the effects and CG work.

HellraiserinDC October 31, 2012 12:09 PM

ceilingcat October 31, 2012 12:32 PM

I think he finally decided to sell out because of the 10 or 15 years of litigation marin county was putting him thru for building a studio/production place on his property. I belive he decided to take the land and turn it into low income housing or something like that.

Its always been rumored that Lucas has had scripts or stories of some sort written for a very long time which take place in some part of the pre or post empire.

zx6rfool October 31, 2012 12:35 PM

Interesting, I hope they go dark, it wont happen but they need to ditch all of the crap they thew in the last 3. (ie jarjar)