DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
3 members and 520 guests
boomboom929, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
DJ'ing?
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

DJ'ing? - August 3, 2007, 11:53 AM

OK. I know I asked this once before, but I will ask again.

Who knows how to DJ and DJ's live right now?

I got the music production thing going, but now I am looking at buying mixers and players.

I currently am looking at the M-Audiio Xponent to control the vast collection of MP3's on a shared server.

I want to incorporate the computer with the equipment for performing live.
I am looking at getting. 2 turntables, 2 VCD/MP3 playes, and a mixer that I can use with Ableton Live and Torq.

If anyone knows of any DJ's or if you DJ yourself. I would love to talk to you and figure out the best way to do this. There are a lot of ideas in my head. I just need someone with the knowledge to help me out.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
Popped my cherry!

August 3, 2007, 11:55 AM

Hey...this may or may not help you...but
My sister and her husband had to get rid of their recording studio, so they're selling all kinds of gear/equipment etc. She's getting a list together for me, so if you like I can shoot it over to you (or anyone else thats interested).

"Well behaved women seldom make history"~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
"Damn white girls throwin' gang signs!"
Gangsta= High-siding on a 50cc!!
Also, if you take your jacket off and the women are all smiles, then you take your helmet off and 99% of the women look disappointed, please put your helmet back on. kthxbai.-Bexxx
I.L.M~Eric "The Irish Guy"
Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

http://www.abbismom02.shutterfly.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to BabyBusa04 Send a message via AIM to BabyBusa04  
Unread
  (#3)
ATTN INVESTORS!

August 3, 2007, 12:14 PM

http://www.serato.com/

This is a must.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#4)
Brainwash Your Face!

August 3, 2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz

This is a must.

WAX KILLER!

I heard DJ Hut is close to shutting its doors....

Adrian- Hit up Catalyst or TheLogicTheroist on the buzzboard. Tell em your Boom's friend, they would be amped to give you some info.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Ling Long

August 3, 2007, 01:01 PM

A friend of ours, Genna, spins locally. He's retired, but is more than happy to help up and comers.

http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/GENNA/

I'll give you his info if you want Adrian

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#6)

August 3, 2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBusa04
Hey...this may or may not help you...but
My sister and her husband had to get rid of their recording studio, so they're selling all kinds of gear/equipment etc. She's getting a list together for me, so if you like I can shoot it over to you (or anyone else thats interested).
Please... That would be GREAT!!

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#7)

August 3, 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz

This is a must.
You dont need that sound card with Xponent. THe dials are already on the panel to mix. I would use serato if I onlyhad turntables. I would like to play with these first before I bought them to see how compatible it is. Can I cue with them and change and set loops with WAV or MP3 files? How will I control the software with a mixer? I know it uses timecoded vinyl, but do I retain the cueing, pitch and everything control. I am not a scratch DJ. I am more of a cue, and sequence DJ. I like House, Trance and DnB....

Unread
  (#8)

August 3, 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
A friend of ours, Genna, spins locally. He's retired, but is more than happy to help up and comers.

http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/GENNA/

I'll give you his info if you want Adrian

I would prefer an introduction if it is possible.