DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
1 members and 531 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Do not rent from Budget Rental Truck division
Unread
  (#1)
This Ain't My First Time!

Do not rent from Budget Rental Truck division - October 26, 2012, 05:08 PM

I put in a reservation for a 26 foot rental truck with Budget Rental Truck division about two weeks ago. I need the truck for Saturday 10/27. These Idiots call me at 4:35 today 10/26 and say that the truck I requested is not available for tomorrow at the location I requested. They tell me I must call customer service to have them find me a truck in close proximity to me. I do not understand why it is put on my shoulders to find myself a truck when I put in a reservation over two weeks ago.

Mind you I have already made plans for movers to be at my house for 10:00 AM on 10/27. They said well since it was so late someone would contact me on 10/27 somewhere in the vicinity of 9:00 AM for a possible solution. Needless to say this solution does not help me.

Called Penske today got a 26 foot truck for tomorrow and it is going to be cheaper than Budget even though I have to return it to MD after the move to VA.

Just a rant, but you have been warned.

Penske all the way for me from here on out.

Thanks for reading.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

October 26, 2012, 08:19 PM

When it comes to straight trucks, I only use Enterprise or Penske. I've heard of too many bad experiences with Budget and U-Haul is far from a bargain any longer.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Im Always Down to Ride

October 27, 2012, 02:53 PM

Yep...Penske all day every day. Rented one when I moved to NE. Drove all the way from NC to NE with no hiccups. Truck was just asking for more. We rolled like 75-85mph the whole way. Truck pulled like a horse.

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
just some dude

October 28, 2012, 09:13 AM

i had the same problem with a reservation i made with penske over 2 weeks in advance. the smaller truck i reserved wasn't available but they had a larger, diesel truck available. what happened was the truck i originally reserved wasn't returned on time by the previous renter.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#5)
Cager

October 28, 2012, 09:52 AM

I worked with a moving company before I got my current job and let me tell you I have heard plenty of customer bitch about how their truck rental companies called them a day or two before to inform them about the truck situation way too many times. Especially those who need mid size trucks, not the 10 or 14 footer trucks. Basically what I am trying to say is that it happens to all companies.

That is why there are some people who prefers to pay more for a company that got their own truck and movers. But the price margin is huge if you get your own truck. My company charges about $120-140 for 2 men and 2 hours while a moving company with a truck probably goes for $400 or so plus gas. They usually charge by move, not hours so it may get a bit more complicated. But with my company, you deal with the headache of renting a truck and driving it if you are not a good driver

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now

Last edited by JarvisB; October 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

October 28, 2012, 01:00 PM

FYI, insurance doesn't cover low bridges.

http://youtu.be/20MCxSFgrnc

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; October 28, 2012 at 01:03 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

October 28, 2012, 06:11 PM

At some point you think municipalities would realize that although the bridge is labeled as below NHTSA regulation, to prevent a lawsuit they would grade the road lower to give adequate clearance or petition the rail road to raise the height of the crossing.

When you have that many recorded accidents at a single location it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt or killed. This is when parties will end up in litigation hell.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; October 29, 2012 at 02:42 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

October 28, 2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
At some point you think municipalities would realize that although the bridge is labeled as below NHTSA regulation, to prevent a lawsuit they would grade the road lower to give adequate clearance or petition he raise road to raise the height of the crossing.

When you have that many recorded accidents at a single location it is only a matter of time before someone get seriously hurt or killed. This is when a parties will end up in litigation hell.
There is a FAQ about those types of questions.

Bridge is over 100 years old and the railway doesn't want to pay the money when there are ways around it. Can't dig deeper because there is a 100 year old sewer just beneath the road.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#9)
Cager

October 28, 2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
FYI, insurance doesn't cover low bridges.

The TOUGHEST Bridge In The World (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

Wow. Assholes living in this city/town? Having a bridge like that makes no sense? Apparently it is a busy road and they put the bridge so damn low.

Having all that people crash and say it had lasted for 100 years is like a slap in the face

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

October 29, 2012, 11:10 AM

As I posted above they have a FAQ, just can't find it on my phone.

Alex
13 Honda Fury