DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
5 members and 554 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids, Scot, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Brainwash Your Face!

October 18, 2005, 07:14 AM

in Ghosts? Since its that time of the year, I figured I would start a thread on the subject.

Do you think they exist?
Have you ever seen one?

IMO- Firm believer in the paranormal. The house I grew up in from middle through high school school was haunted by a Confederate soldier whom we named Mosby. When we 1st moved in there EVERYNIGHT for the 1st 3 months my top bunk of my bunk bed would creek and sink in as if someone was getting into it. I have countless stories of that house and the strange things that happened there.

I also know I saw a women that was not really there. I went on a week long trip with my grandmother in the Amish country in PA. when I was about 8. We stayed at various farmhouses with Amish families willing to show us thier way of life. One house I stayed at my bed was by a window and I saw a woman standing outside near the well looking up into my window. The next night I made my older cousin sleep with me and I saw her again this time awaking Tayna and she saw her too. After the second sighting my cousin asked about the woman during breakfast to which she got no answer at that time. Later on that day, the granddaughter of the women whom we were staying with told my cousin and I that a women was killed by her husband and her body was thrown down that well....not sure if the story is true but I know what I/we saw.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

October 18, 2005, 07:18 AM

You're nuttier than a shit house rat.

Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

October 18, 2005, 07:22 AM

I don't believe in them, but I will say I've witnessed things that cannot be explained.
Unread
  (#4)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 18, 2005, 07:22 AM

I also do believe in them too!!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#5)
What failure looks like

October 18, 2005, 07:24 AM

I have never believed in the paranormal and never believed in psychics. To me "what you see is what you get". I do believe in God so I guess I am not as big a sceptic but most of the paranormal stuff that I have ever seen is very easily explained with simple physics.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#6)
rushin' the waves

October 18, 2005, 07:32 AM

Oh yes, a true believer here too!

When my father first passed away about 16 years ago, I use to see him standing at the end of our bed watching us on several nights. I was 4 at the time and my mother didn't want to talk to me about death at such a young age. So when I asked my mother where my father was, she would tell me that he was sleeping in the hospital because he was still sick. When I started seeing him, I would wake up and try to talk to him, but he would disappear. I asked my mother why he would do that and she said that he was just playing around with me. She also told me that he would come home everynight to visit us when we were sleeping. After a while later, he stopped visiting at night and my mother told me that he was too sick to visit us... When I got a bit older, my mother explained to me about death and what happened to my dad.

Then about 15 years later, on the same topic as this, my mother told me that what I saw was the spirit of my father lingering around because he was worried about leaving us. My mother use to be worried because she thought his spirit was coming back to take us all with him because after his death, we all strangely fell ill and was put in intensive care for several days in the hospital at the same time! The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and the illness hit us all at the same time! After that inccident my mother prayed to my father to go "home" and not worry about us because we would be fine... so after that, he left and we haven't seen him since.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../TinyTWAT2.jpg

'03 600rr Track and Street (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#7)
Brainwash Your Face!

October 18, 2005, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyninja82

When my father first passed away about 16 years ago, I use to see him standing at the end of our bed watching us on several nights. I was 4 at the time and my mother didn't want to talk to me about death at such a young age. So when I asked my mother where my father was, she would tell me that he was sleeping in the hospital because he was still sick. When I started seeing him, I would wake up and try to talk to him, but he would disappear. I asked my mother why he would do that and she said that he was just playing around with me. She also told me that he would come home everynight to visit us when we were sleeping. After a while later, he stopped visiting at night and my mother told me that he was too sick to visit us... When I got a bit older, my mother explained to me about death and what happened to my dad.

Then about 15 years later, on the same topic as this, my mother told me that what I saw was the spirit of my father lingering around because he was worried about leaving us. My mother use to be worried because she thought his spirit was coming back to take us all with him because after his death, we all strangely fell ill and was put in intensive care for several days in the hospital at the same time! The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and the illness hit us all at the same time! After that inccident my mother prayed to my father to go "home" and not worry about us because we would be fine... so after that, he left and we haven't seen him since.
Wow T...that is pretty heavy. Sorry about your lost.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

Unread
  (#8)
Brainwash Your Face!

October 18, 2005, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Myers

Why, thank you kind sir

Unread
  (#9)
rushin' the waves

October 18, 2005, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyninja82

Wow T...that is pretty heavy. Sorry about your lost.
Its alright, time has healed everything! But its still freaky to this day to think about that I saw my dad on several occassions...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../TinyTWAT2.jpg

'03 600rr Track and Street (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

October 18, 2005, 12:25 PM

I'm a believer. Thankfully my personal experiences are limited, but I have enough to go on to believe there's more out there than we can understand and/or realize.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#11)
Pleased to meet me

October 18, 2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Myers
Good stuff.
Unread
  (#12)
Writer, Novelist, Artist

October 18, 2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Do you think they exist?
Have you ever seen one?
With you on this one I am a firm believer in the paranormal. Yes, I think they exist. Yes, I've "seen" them.

And yes, most of it can be explained by physics. After all, energy never dies, it just transmutes.

~Stacia
Writer, Novelist
www.catklaw.com

Esoteric T.W.A.T
Lou-Evil Psycles, founding member of DC Chapter
Team Physique - a bodybuilding & fitness competition team
F4i 600

http://www.catklaw.com/images/EsotericTWAT.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Sybir  
Unread
  (#13)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

October 18, 2005, 04:38 PM

[quote="R1Myers"]You're nuttier than a shit house rat.[quote]

Now THAT...is F'ing funny.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#14)
Full Metal Honey

October 18, 2005, 05:02 PM

Yup, they're real.

My family had to move out of a house when I was in high school because of some incidents... too much to spill here, but it ended when my younger brother woke up screaming at night because "something" was throwing things at him and moving stuff/making it fly around his room.

And, more recently, a friend of mine just moved. Renting a house. I stayed over the 2nd night she was there, helping her move. She fell asleep on the couch watching a movie and I got up to take out my contacts. Heard a door slam upstairs and felt like someone was standing on the stairs staring at me. We were the only ones there. I asked her later and she said the first night, she heard footsteps upstairs. A week later, her two boys (who didn't know any of this), came to her one morning and said, "Mom, someone came in our room last night." She's a single mom & no one was there. We've talked about getting the ouija board out and playing around, but after my first experience, I'm not crazy about those things.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
http://blog.quixoticchaotic.com

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
BOHICA

October 18, 2005, 09:39 PM

Note to self: Don't read this post while sitting in my room in the dark before going to bed.

I've experienced somethings. "Hey, that's an ord above your head, AJ. Sweet." My sister helped out on a... hold on, lemme turn on a light. My sister helped a friend for a school project and went ghost hunting at the local haunts around my home town. Brought a paranormal out to one of them and he got freaked out by some things they felt at one cemetary.

She dragged me to another cemetary hainted by a woman named Mary who appears as a blue mist at a far corner of the cemetary and will move around.

Did a ghost tour around Charleston, SC, and while I didn't see anything, it was kind of neat. My overactive imagination precludes me from going out and doing any of those things regularly as I'm sure I'd scare myself to death.

If you'll excuse me, I'll be bundled up under the covers with the cats acting as protection.

AJ

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711