DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
5 members and 548 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dog theft is on the rise
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Dog theft is on the rise - August 2, 2008, 02:09 PM

Please be careful out there, especially if you have a purebred!

Sorry about the link, but it's kind of a lengthy article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25852354/

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

August 2, 2008, 02:12 PM

yeah I'd like to see someone try and steal Jubi good luck with that

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

August 2, 2008, 11:21 PM

gps, secret tattoos, blood and hair samples in storage, dual micro chips. if anyone ever touched my dog it would be the last thing they ever did once i found them.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

August 3, 2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
yeah I'd like to see someone try and steal Jubi good luck with that
Try to steal Keigo or BB!! They would have a hard time carrying the Sleepy Giant, and they would lose a finger or two trying to carry the hairy little rat!!

Celebrate freedom, honesty and excellence!
Unread
  (#5)
need more knee down

August 3, 2008, 12:53 AM

seriously back in may while i was in greece my girlfriend was taking care of my mix mutt (she has a purebred beagle). I call her from athens to tell her im about to get on the plane and she is crying. Apparently a few hours prior (10pm est) she had let the dogs out in her 1/2 acre backyard that is 6ft privacy fenced in and went to the laundry room to change out some clothes. Maybe 10 min later she had her daughter go and let the dogs in. They didn't come, her daughter tells my gf and she goes to the back door and calls them. Still nothing..... she walks out onto the patio and looks over towards the doubl door entrance and sees one of the doors off one of the hinges and all bent and leaning sideways. She runs back in the house and locks the door and calls the cops. 10 min later pwc shows up and the guy surveys the damage and comes to the conclusion that someone broke into her backyard (no shit!) and then his walkie-talkie goes off with another cop saying he just saw a man with two dogs that matched my gf's description. He circled around and when he flipped the spotlight the guy was gone and our dumb founded dogs where just sitting there. Being the bright dogs they are, they run when the cop approachs them into ben lomand park. More or less 30 min or so later my gf hears the clanging of dog tags and her lil boy and instantly is horrified at the idea of losing my lil girl on her watch. Apparently she though i would be mad at her (obviously i wouldn't, not her fault). about 15 min later my lil girl decided to stroll down the street and give my gf a lick on the face for caring lol.

I've seen installed a 2x4 setup with some u brackets to brace the twin doors to the 6x6 main posts holding the doors on either side. pair of motion sensing flood lights and we just sit at the dining room table while they are outside.

Sorry for the long story but i think its pretty good. the cop at my gf's house with her said alot of people are doing this because of the hard economic times. We were lucky......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr