DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
6 members and 548 guests
GRN96WS6, HotRod1200, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Don't bring your road rage to me!
Unread
  (#1)
SIN MC President

Don't bring your road rage to me! - July 16, 2009, 04:46 PM

I have this running theory that slowly shaking your head "No" at someone when they do something dumb on the road is way more inflammatory than the simple . Today I proved this theory.

I'll try keep it short (but how can I?):
5PM quitting time! I'm on the on ramp to merge onto 495 outerloop. Mr. pickup truck is slowly putting along and has a minor epileptic seizure (swerves into my lane then swerves back). I wasn't speeding but I was accelerating cuz it's the friggin on-ramp. I had to briefly hit the brakes cuz I didn't know what he was gonna do... As I leave him 4 car lengths behind I'm doing the "slow head shake in disappointment".. I guess he sees this from way behind me and decides to stomp on the gas and cut me off at the merge point. He does and nearly takes my front end off (I had to swerve and hop the dividing curb). Of course I lay on my horn. Then he stops, blocking the entire On ramp.... we sit and stare at each other from his side view mirror. Though I can't believe it, I'm amused..I start to smile and slowly shake my head more... he starts to yell at my reflection in his mirror..really? That's f**kin funny! I start to point and laugh... he's punching his steering wheel and begins to really let my reflection have it (while pointing and cursing).. I lose it!
We sat ther for a good 30 seconds. The cars behind me started to honk and I had no problems driving my car up the curb to go around him... he did want that, so he stomps on his gas and charges across 3 lanes to the fast lane just to teach me a lesson... damn, I got owned i guess.

So if you see a grey Ford pickup with Alabama plates and a gigantic Dale Ernhardt sticker that covers the entire back windshield just slowly shake your head "no" at him for me.

..and knowing is half the battle!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Last edited by KANEDA; July 16, 2009 at 04:53 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

July 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

He was punching the steering wheel because it took out his hero Dale.

Should have just given him the stick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu51v...layer_embedded

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#3)
SIN MC President

July 16, 2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
He was punching the steering wheel because it took out his hero Dale.

Should have just given him the stick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu51v...layer_embedded

HAHA! I should've hit him with my dipstick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nel4qVTOgg

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#4)
someone adopt a newb

July 16, 2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANEDA View Post

A buddy at work was doing this..I was like WTH?? He showed me video later. Good stuff.

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#5)
TPG Bannings: III

July 16, 2009, 05:01 PM

that is way too long to read.
Unread
  (#6)
Groping is a skill...

July 16, 2009, 05:08 PM

I had a similar incident happen to me once on 495 when I owned my Avalanche with limo tinted windows. A utility/contractor van kept on going slow on the fast lane so I got on the middle lane and was trying to pass him. Well I guess he doesn't like being passed and he floors it in order to not let me in. Luckily being in an Avalanche I was able to force my way in. He followed me for a good 2-3 miles until my exit on Glebe Road. When we came to a stop light he actually parked his car and decided to get out of it at the light and approaching the driver side mirror. Pretty big white contractor looking dude with tattoos all along his forearms. At this point I had reach into my glove compartment and pulled out mr sig and placed it on my lap with my hand on it just in case he had something of his own. I rolled the window down and it took him a whole two seconds to start walking back. Sometimes people just need to be reminded to keep a cool level head.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
SIN MC President

July 16, 2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
that is way too long to read.

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

July 16, 2009, 05:12 PM

I'm kind of inclined to agree. But I still do the slow headshake anyway.

I actually think that using your horn is somehow found to be more inflammatory than the finger or the headshake.

Once, a guy in an SUV cut me off (like in your scenario, he would have taken off my front end had I not swerved). I honked. In response the guy literally stopped his car in the middle of the road and got out of his car to yell at me, holding me up and the dozen cars behind me.

Another time a sedan cut me off while I was driving on 270 to go snowboarding. I honked, and this time, the driver gave me the finger and then slowed to a crawl to hold me up.

Both times, all I did was honk.

But my favorite thing to do is when some idiot is messing with me and trying to bring the road rage, I'll look for him from out of the corner of my eye to see when he's close enough to yell/motion at me, but instead of looking at him and responding, I'll look dead ahead and bring my hand to my mouth as if I'm yawning out of boredom and then pull away without acknowledging him. Usually, he's too confused to do anything after that. But it probably hacks him off later on when he thinks about it.

Indifference, sometimes more powerful than anger and hate--though, I also like your laughter response.
Unread
  (#9)
SIN MC President

July 16, 2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
I had a similar incident happen to me once on 495 when I owned my Avalanche with limo tinted windows. A utility/contractor van kept on going slow on the fast lane so I got on the middle lane and was trying to pass him. Well I guess he doesn't like being passed and he floors it in order to not let me in. Luckily being in an Avalanche I was able to force my way in. He followed me for a good 2-3 miles until my exit on Glebe Road. When we came to a stop light he actually parked his car and decided to get out of it at the light and approaching the driver side mirror. Pretty big white contractor looking dude with tattoos all along his forearms. At this point I had reach into my glove compartment and pulled out mr sig and placed it on my lap with my hand on it just in case he had something of his own. I rolled the window down and it took him a whole two seconds to start walking back. Sometimes people just need to be reminded to keep a cool level head.
yeah, in hindsight I guess he could've jumped out and put a cap in my ass... I was being an asshole at that point...oh well... now I gotta stash a Sig too..haha!....

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#10)
Snuggly Jeff can't b dead

July 16, 2009, 05:49 PM

That's one thing about MD I hate, can't carry

'06 Sparkiling Graphite 600RR
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to andyman97  
Unread
  (#11)
Pfffft...

July 16, 2009, 06:05 PM

I cut off a lady one time by mistake and all of a sudden she gets next to me at the traffic light and starts yelling at me and turning all red and shit so I put my window down to hear what she is saying until after about 1 minutes she shuts up and I decide to just go ahead and blow her a kiss which got her even more angry for some reason which I didnt understand. She speeds off to which i follow closely blowing kisses to her until she took an exit and left. I had been in such a good mood that day that i decided not to let it ruin it.

2008 GSXR-600
2005 SV650S Naked Streetfigther (Sold)
Unread
  (#12)
facebook what is that?

July 16, 2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Mr. Sig? Must be the buddy of Mr. Uzi!

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#13)
The last urrbendah

July 16, 2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANEDA View Post

Jimmy V really wants that commercial to go away.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

July 16, 2009, 06:32 PM

There is one advantage to driving a cage in traffic over a bike. You can smoke. LOL

A couple of weeks ago I was coming back from MD and stuck in a huge traffic jam on the beltway. They were doing some road work. So the right lane is closed ahead, I'm in the left lane, everyone is creeping along...

So everything is going as well as can be expected and everyone is playin nice. I let a space open up in front of me and let the car next to me on the right slide up and merge into my lane. That's when mr. Ricer behind the other car figures he's gonna get the spot too. I make my intentions known by closing the gap that he should play nice and wait his turn. He then proceedes to stick the nose of his car into my path in a last ditch effort to get in front of me. I calmly shook my head, and stopped, then as he got more of the nose of his car into my lane I took careful aim, and flicked my cigarette into his open drivers side window. Watching him pull back to the right shoulder so he could fish the cigarette outta his car was priceless. LOL
Unread
  (#15)
just some dude

July 16, 2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
There is one advantage to driving a cage in traffic over a bike. You can smoke. LOL

A couple of weeks ago I was coming back from MD and stuck in a huge traffic jam on the beltway. They were doing some road work. So the right lane is closed ahead, I'm in the left lane, everyone is creeping along...

So everything is going as well as can be expected and everyone is playin nice. I let a space open up in front of me and let the car next to me on the right slide up and merge into my lane. That's when mr. Ricer behind the other car figures he's gonna get the spot too. I make my intentions known by closing the gap that he should play nice and wait his turn. He then proceedes to stick the nose of his car into my path in a last ditch effort to get in front of me. I calmly shook my head, and stopped, then as he got more of the nose of his car into my lane I took careful aim, and flicked my cigarette into his open drivers side window. Watching him pull back to the right shoulder so he could fish the cigarette outta his car was priceless. LOL

reminds me of the woman that got 2 years in jail, reduced to 5 years probation, for throwing a cup of ice through another car's window.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=17

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid