DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
7 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Scot, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

April 7, 2005, 09:30 AM

Ever since these guys merged last year they have been closing oil refineries and artificially driving up the price of gas. Just today I saw a report that said US oil inventories are 8% above normal, but gas production is 2% below normal.

Right now Exxon/Mobil is literally the most profitable company in the world, at our expense.

Instead of going after Microsoft, the US ought to be regulating companies like Exxon/Mobil, or better yet break them up and make them compete again like when gas was $140 a gallon.

Im not saying they are solely responsible for the outrageous gas prices, clearly the futures market is buying up the prices, mostly by big investment companies, but we need to get these prices in order before we start seeing increases in costs of all products across the board.

Do what I do and buy gas from Sunoco or Sheetz, its usually cheaper there anyway. And spread the word.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

April 7, 2005, 09:38 AM

You have a point, Exxon tends to be on average about 8 to 10 cents higher than most others. Don't believe me just check around...not sure about mobil so I will not comment.

Cheapest places I've found are Sunoco (AMERICAN OIL!!! NOT IMPORTED!) and Wawa...not sure whether Wawa is imported or not but Sunoco and Wawa have been the lowest. I go to Sunoco mostly because they don't import their oil.

There is plenty of oil, it's nothing but a money game to them, if there was a shortage or serious issue trust me you'd know about it since our world is dependent on oil.

I'll stop now...

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

April 7, 2005, 09:39 AM

I remember back about 10 years ago when gas was like 0.52$ a gallon in SC.

That was pretty cool.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

April 7, 2005, 09:43 AM

i agree wit ya, but i'm gettin U-Promise money which goes to college for the rug rats.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#5)
Happiness Consultant

April 7, 2005, 09:44 AM

i agree, i hate those fuggers and only go to them if Im fumes. Sonoco's are hard to find so I usually hit up the Sheetz.

this is also another call for alternative fuel resources, but that'll open a whole can of worms regarding $$. $$ makes the world go round so u cant tell me they aint helping to 'spin' it. nuff said...see ya at the Sheetz.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#6)
Super Moderator

April 7, 2005, 09:44 AM

Yeah I remember when I used to be able to fill up my car for about $12...now I can handly fill the tank on my bike with $12. Just filled up the explorer yesterday....$52!!!...and that was for the cheap shit!

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#7)
ATTN INVESTORS!

April 7, 2005, 10:17 AM

I think car, maybe even bike manufacturer's got something going on too. Any of ya'll old enough to remember the gas mileage cars got in the late 80's-early 90's? I remember the GEO Metro getting about 50mpg. Now...Hybrid cars aren't even getting that. WTF is going on? I don't know but its all some shady shit, I tell ya.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#8)
DAS BOOT

April 7, 2005, 10:33 AM

I have been TRYING to curve my lead foot. So far I have gotten a few extra gallons out of my tank, but...still think I need to change my spark plugs.

If you want to help with your gas mileage, make sure your air filter is clean or replace it. Check your spark plugs, keep your tires properly inflated, and watch how your run your heat/ ac.

Anything else I am missing??

**Oh yeah, you might want to check your fuel filter and possibly your O2 sensor.

Either way- F EXXON. They can go eat it. Sunoco is good. They are normally the cheapest around the Woodbridge area along with the Wawa.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#9)
WPNR

April 7, 2005, 10:44 AM

Done, glad i live near sheetz.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ME!!!
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...2_Yamahar6.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Phife  
Unread
  (#10)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

April 7, 2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper

That was pretty cool.
WoW you are old Rob
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#11)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

April 7, 2005, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper

That was pretty cool.
Yo those were the days!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

April 7, 2005, 12:40 PM

Actually if you siphon it off the large SUV's you can usually fill 2-3 bikes and the owner will hardly notice... Just providing an alternate solution

KatRider
Katana 600 '99
Ashburn
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 7, 2005, 12:49 PM

i would notice if u took my gas, cuz im always in almost empty, screw paying 2.24 gallon
Unread
  (#14)
AMA Superbike Champ

April 7, 2005, 01:13 PM

I'm usually a Shell person, but they to are expensive too. I'm glad i'm not the only one who dislikes Exxon/Mobile. I remember back in the mid 90s then I thought paying $1.25 was a lot. How I miss those days.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to RichieRichR6  
Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

April 7, 2005, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz
Any of ya'll old enough to remember the gas mileage cars got in the late 80's-early 90's? I remember the GEO Metro getting about 50mpg. Now...Hybrid cars aren't even getting that. WTF is going on? I don't know but its all some shady shit, I tell ya.
yeah i remember those days, way back when I'd fill my 85 Pontiac Sunbird with 7 dollars of gas at 78 cents a gallon. I also rememer the Metros and how it would take 7000000000 years with Karli's lead foot thru the floor just to get to 55mph. great on gas mileage, poor on performance.

fug it, Im riding my bike. cant beat 7 bux a week compared to the 38 to fill my SUV.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave