DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 563
1 members and 562 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Don't make me he-bitch man-slap you!
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

Don't make me he-bitch man-slap you! - March 27, 2007, 10:11 AM

Eddie Griffin wrecks rare $1.5 million Ferrari Enzo

IRWINDALE, California (AP) -- Eddie Griffin crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo worth $1.5 million into a concrete barrier while practicing at a racetrack Monday, destroying the car but escaping uninjured.

The comedian was practicing for a charity race to promote his upcoming film, "Redline," when he drove too fast around a curve at the Irwindale Speedway. Video footage showed the red sports car screeching before it ricocheted off the barrier with heavy damage to its front.

"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin, referring to one his past films, said after the accident. (Watch Griffin drive into the barrier, destroying the car )

The film's publicist, Wendy Zocks, said Griffin was "doing OK."

"He walked away completely unscratched, but probably a little shaken," Zocks said.
The Enzo, valued at around $1.5 million, was owned by the executive producer of "Redline," Daniel Sadek, whose exotic car collection is featured in the movie.

Sadek said that the car was damaged beyond repair and that he had "mixed feelings" about the wreck.

"I'm glad Eddie came out of the crash OK, but my dream car got destroyed," Sadek said. "I went to my trailer for about 15 minutes and I thought, there's people dying every day. A lot of worse things are happening in the world."

Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever produced, all between 2002 and 2004.
Griffin's credits include the comedies "Undercover Brother"; "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" and its sequel; "Date Movie"; and "Norbit."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm so tired

March 27, 2007, 10:13 AM

Link in the story does not work. But you can see it here on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVrMZX2kms

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Ling Long

March 27, 2007, 10:13 AM

Oh that makes me want to cry.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#4)
Asleep at the wheel!

March 27, 2007, 10:45 AM

That makes me feel a little sick.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#5)
Ducati addict

March 27, 2007, 10:52 AM

heard about this one on my way to work this morning, poor car... and it wasn't even HIS!!
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 27, 2007, 10:56 AM

What you don't think he has insurance? I say fuc'm cause if you can afford the car and let someone else drive it for you, you gonna get screwed sometime. Friends don't let friends drive their 1.5 million dollar car! feel kinda sad for the car though.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

March 27, 2007, 10:59 AM

Should have stayed on the gas... noob.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
opossum puncher

March 27, 2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
What you don't think he has insurance? I say fuc'm cause if you can afford the car and let someone else drive it for you, you gonna get screwed sometime. Friends don't let friends drive their 1.5 million dollar car! feel kinda sad for the car though.

Fru. You dont let untrained drivers test their limits in your 1.5 million dollar sports car. Also you dont set a turn that close to a MOTHER FAKIN JERSEY WALL!!!!!?!?!

Seriously, who ever set up those cones needs to be backhanded.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 27, 2007, 11:15 AM

that... and how much does a motherfuckin tire wall cost???? MAYBE $30000????

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

March 27, 2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
He'll get his money from insurance. That's not the point. 400 made, good luck not taking a huge loss trying to get your hands on another.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#11)
"?"

March 27, 2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Should have stayed on the gas... noob.
+1 Power it Out!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Keep it rubber side down!

March 28, 2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelHead
That makes me feel a little sick.
If I had seen it in person I would have wept aloud. And I'm man enough to admit it. That car is rolling racing artwork and now its gone.

That is the second one I've heard of being wrecked. The first one got cut in half in a high speed wreck only months after they were released.

398 Enzo's on the wall...
Unread
  (#13)
Red Sox Nation

March 28, 2007, 02:02 PM

It's his fault for letting Eddie drive the fuggn' thing. And then they have concrete blocks set up on the track and hair pin turns instead of using cones or old tires...?!? Dumb.

However, unless the engine/tranny is damaged I'm sure it can be fixed up by a good shop at a hefty price.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#14)
Agitator

March 28, 2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -yz-
It's his fault for letting Eddie drive the fuggn' thing. And then they have concrete blocks set up on the track and hair pin turns instead of using cones or old tires...?!? Dumb.

However, unless the engine/tranny is damaged I'm sure it can be fixed up by a good shop at a hefty price.
unless the main monocoque is damaged, remember, its all one big piece of carbon fiber...the same kind of thing happened with the mclaren...you could front end the thing, and as long as you didn't hit the main structure it wasn't a total loss...however, I'm worried about the drivers side front corner of the main shell...if the shell is damaged there...new monocoque is in the works...and thats the bulk of the car cost

the engine and trans are a small % of the total cost for either an enzo, mclaren or SLR, its the shell that is 50% of the cost...or more, considering they are handmade

I read somewhere the engine / trans on an enzo is a 100-150k item...<25% of the total value

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#15)
Keep it rubber side down!

March 29, 2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston-birdman
...new monocoque is in the works...and thats the bulk of the car cost...
Is that even an option? I thought there were 400 made and that it. No more hand made monocoque's available. Either way it sucks for the dumbazz driver, the dumbazz owner and the dumbazzez that set up the track.