DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 529
3 members and 526 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Drift Trikes (Moped Frame?) - Nonsense Thread
Unread
  (#1)
VTMC Rider

Drift Trikes (Moped Frame?) - Nonsense Thread - February 29, 2016, 01:02 PM

This is a ridiculous post, reading it may be a complete waste of your time... you've been warned.

Ok so Mopeds! lol, seriously... Has anyone ever modified a moped? When does is it no longer legally a moped?

The reason I ask, I would really like to build a drift trike, I would also like to drive it on the road between parking lots... pretty sure this is not legal... However! what if we based the drift trike of a moped frame? would it still be eligible for moped license plate?

Yes I am aware that even if this did work, sliding/drifting is equivalent to reckless driving and thus should not be attempted on public roads, as stated above I just want to drive from parking lot to parking lot on public 25mph roads.

Riding is good for the soul
- Honda CBR 929rr
- Ducati 1198s
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to MegaTorch7 Send a message via AIM to MegaTorch7  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

February 29, 2016, 01:21 PM

In for vids of finished product.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

February 29, 2016, 01:43 PM

I believe its a 50cc limit and 35mph. After that its a motorcycle

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

February 29, 2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
This is a ridiculous post, reading it may be a complete waste of your time... you've been warned.

Ok so Mopeds! lol, seriously... Has anyone ever modified a moped? When does is it no longer legally a moped?

The reason I ask, I would really like to build a drift trike, I would also like to drive it on the road between parking lots... pretty sure this is not legal... However! what if we based the drift trike of a moped frame? would it still be eligible for moped license plate?

Yes I am aware that even if this did work, sliding/drifting is equivalent to reckless driving and thus should not be attempted on public roads, as stated above I just want to drive from parking lot to parking lot on public 25mph roads.
Yes. I had a Tomos A35 motor (2-stroke speed auto) that I got up to 50 mph from stock mid 30s. Exhaust alone gets small riders to about 40 on FLAT road.

After a 70cc big bore kit, bigger carb, +1 front sprocket, synth oil, remove one air filter layer, tuck practice, no mirrors finally got clocked by FCPD 50 in a 30. Said if I told him how the FKKK I got it to go that fast he'd let me go ... I took the bait he shook his head and let me go telling me to chill out. Yeah B.

I suppose if you cranked up rear tire psi and ran same setup I did with a -1 front instead and all you did was want to do what you're talking about it should work.

They used to be everywhere now they are drying up cuz of all the Chinese scooters flooding the market. Usually shifts into 2nd gear around 18 mph so -1 front would mean you'd be in 2nd all the time at 20+ trying to drift.

Most cops didn't know or care enough to determine I had a big bore kit on them. As long as you're not lane splitting or going wayyyy over what they normally do they generally don't care they have bigger fish to fry.

VIDS AND GPS muddafungus

A

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com
ZX14: 243 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
Ninja 650: 130.7 mph
Ninja 400: 123.5 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph

Last edited by shiphteey; February 29, 2016 at 04:11 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

February 29, 2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphteey View Post
Yes. I had a Tomos A35 motor (2-stroke speed auto) that I got up to 50 mph from stock mid 30s. Exhaust alone gets small riders to about 40 on FLAT road.

After a 70cc big bore kit, bigger carb, +1 front sprocket, synth oil, remove one air filter layer, tuck practice, no mirrors finally got clocked by FCPD 50 in a 30. Said if I told him how the FKKK I got it to go that fast he'd let me go ... I took the bait he shook his head and let me go telling me to chill out. Yeah B.

I suppose if you cranked up rear tire psi and ran same setup I did with a -1 front instead and all you did was want to do what you're talking about it should work.

They used to be everywhere now they are drying up cuz of all the Chinese scooters flooding the market. Usually shifts into 2nd gear around 18 mph so -1 front would mean you'd be in 2nd all the time at 20+ trying to drift.

Most cops didn't know or care enough to determine I had a big bore kit on them. As long as you're not lane splitting or going wayyyy over what they normally do they generally don't care they have bigger fish to fry.

VIDS AND GPS muddafungus

A
You should figure a way to get your own TV show. I mean seriously.

----------------
Quote:
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch
Unread
  (#6)
Yo quiero Trackday!

March 1, 2016, 06:36 AM

Leaving this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azYPV2l0piE