DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
1 members and 565 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Driving or Riding Way South I-95 on Saturday or Sunday (Apr 23-24)???
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Driving or Riding Way South I-95 on Saturday or Sunday (Apr 23-24)??? - April 21, 2011, 08:41 AM

Any chance that you or somebody you know is riding or driving way south on I-95 this weekend (Sat or Sun)???

I need to head down to Franklin, VA to get a U-haul and bring a master bedroom set back up here from parent's house.

My current option is to ride down there by myself, load the Uhaul, put the bike inside the Uhaul, and drive back up.

Options I would prefer...
- Drive down there as passenger in a car with somebody already heading that way, then I can get dropped off in Franklin and drive the truck back up.
- Find someone else that is riding there in their bike and tag along so the ride is not as lonely, then continue with the original plan.
- Have someone with a car that has Very good fuel efficiency drive down with me, help me load the Uhaul, then drive the car and the truck back up.

So I'm hoping somebody here can help in someway or knows somebody that can help.

David C
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

April 21, 2011, 08:59 AM

My sister is riding down to south carolina saturday at some point.. i'll see if she'll make a stop..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 21, 2011, 09:32 AM

That would be sweet. I'd give her some flow for gas of course. I'd also be able to avoid the possible weekend storms. That would suck to ride down all drenched. Let me know soon as you can please.

BTW, sending you PM for something unrelated.

Anybody else have possible suggestions in case this one doesn't pan out?
Unread
  (#4)
Got my Permit

April 21, 2011, 09:57 AM

If you gotta go by yourself and dont wanna slab down 95 the whole way, try out 17 south. its more of a scenic route. than u can use some other backroads to get out to franklin.
Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS Recruiter

April 21, 2011, 12:17 PM

I think Greyhound stops in Suffolk, which isn't far from Franklin if you can get someone to pick you up.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

April 21, 2011, 02:35 PM

That might be an option. Except it'll turn the 3 hour drive into a 6 hour long haul.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

April 23, 2011, 06:13 AM

Well turns out I'll be having to ride there on my own today. Ugh! If I leave before 9 hopefully I'll miss the t-storms coming in. I checked on greyhound and it's a 9 hr trip to Suffolk. And 17 would be nice but it looks like it'll be mighty wet. Here comes a long day of slabbing it.