DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 526
2 members and 524 guests
legendindisguise, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Droid X...Kinda makes you feel like a big kid
Unread
  (#1)
T.R.I.T.D.H

Droid X...Kinda makes you feel like a big kid - July 15, 2010, 01:31 PM

After weeks of suspense the droid X is here and on some truck (hopefully) to my place by 3PM tomorrow.

I bought my current phone blackberry pearl on a whim over 2 years ago. Out enjoying a Saturday with my GF, used the razr for awhile and said hey I want a new phone.

Enjoyed the phone for the past 2 years and now onto bigger and better things! Another grown man, a good friend of mine, my brother called me at 7AM and asked me if I wanted him to hold me a place in line so I could get my phone as well....I chuckled b/c it is not THAT serious to get a phone. Well lo and behold at 1:45PM when I went to the store in Springfield, I witnessed two snappy on summer break college girls run in the store asking for a Droid X...only to hear, we sold out at 8:30AM. lol...I laughed inside thinking....ahhhh early bird.....and thankful that I bought mine online....

...lets just hope the damn phone shows up tomorow....I bought all my required accessories

-home dock...check
-hdmi cable...check
-car/bike charger.....check
-screen wipes....check

AND FOR THOSE REASONS I SAY I FEEL LIKE THE DAMN KID WHO CAN'T JUST BE HAPPY WITH THE NINTENDO BUT HE HAS TO HAVE ALL THE GAMES....THE FIRST DAY HE GETS THE DAMN TOY....lol

ok. done.

If you got one post up lets hear it. Also I read ONE bad review of the phone b/c it will lock itself if you try to load up android 2.2....on your own. lol....

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 15, 2010, 03:43 PM

37 views and no responses....

fuckin iphone fanboys out there just waiting for some one to say something about the iphone....

you want it. you got it.

iPHONE BLOWS.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#3)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

July 15, 2010, 03:44 PM

IPHONE IS TEH BEST PHOEN EVAR MAED period!

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

July 15, 2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
IPHONE IS TEH BEST PHOEN EVAR MAED period!
This is true

/thread

06 gsxr 750
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

July 15, 2010, 04:15 PM

Please post up your initial thoughts if you would. I've got an original Droid and the X is pretty much how I wish my Droid would be. Definitely thinking about switching to an X soon...

Eric
2008 BMW 128i
1996 BMW M3 track car

neVer forgeT
Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

July 15, 2010, 06:15 PM

Why do people get all bent out of shape about which phone they use? Really.

Use what works the best for you.

I personally don't care about the iPhone vs Android fight because I'm making money off both of their users. I just happen to like the iPhone UI better than Android.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

July 15, 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Why do people get all bent out of shape about which phone they use? Really.

Use what works the best for you.

I personally don't care about the iPhone vs Android fight because I'm making money off both of their users. I just happen to like the iPhone UI better than Android.

Yep, its all about wants and need.

Wanted a full keyboard on my phone so I got it. Dont care how pretty or cooler the new x is, no full keyboard no upgrade. iPhone same story
Unread
  (#8)
I'm a llama again!

July 15, 2010, 08:04 PM

I bought a X today I hope to get it in the next few days.
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 16, 2010, 07:02 AM

Wait you have a bike charger for ur phones?
I also have a pearl and looking to upgrade but all these touch screen phones just dont do it for me.

07' Ninja 650
99' Ninja 500 (sold)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
werq it

July 16, 2010, 07:17 AM

i went to verizon at 7am and was 2nd in line. i was out by 815 (yesterday). this is my first android phone so i cant compare it to anything. although i do have an iPod touch which has an excellent user interface that had no learning curve at all

the phone definitely takes some getting used to. its alot bigger than i "expected" but i didnt do too much research. i just knew a full keyboard adds alot of breadth to the phone which i dont need. what i do need: bluetooth headset

i wasnt sure if i was going to have to buy that $20 cd to transfer music to the phone.. NOPE. you just hook the charging cable up to the usb on your computer and it downloads the motorola driver. 30 seconds later i was transferring music via windows media player (who uses that thing??). whatever, it was simple, easy, and relatively fast (compared to itunes)

i havent used the maps yet but i am curious if i need navigator (monthly fee) to use the gps

time to browse the marketplace and download apps/widgets
Unread
  (#11)
SUPERBITCHIN'

July 16, 2010, 07:20 AM

maps are free. Also for music you drag your songs from your itunes to your desktop to the folder on your phone.

I want the video conferencing capability so I'm waiting for the next Droid

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#12)
I'm a llama again!

July 16, 2010, 07:23 AM

Hey does anyone know of a free DVD ripper. I am going to be taking a flight next week and I thought it would be nice to rip a couple DVD's to the phone for some entertainment.
Unread
  (#13)
Don't call my name

July 16, 2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHoCK View Post
i wasnt sure if i was going to have to buy that $20 cd to transfer music to the phone.. NOPE. you just hook the charging cable up to the usb on your computer and it downloads the motorola driver. 30 seconds later i was transferring music via windows media player (who uses that thing??). whatever, it was simple, easy, and relatively fast (compared to itunes)

i havent used the maps yet but i am curious if i need navigator (monthly fee) to use the gps
As for music, you should be able to straight drag and drop your music files from your computer explorer's window to your SD card on your phone. Just open your phone in an explorer window.

Navigation doesn't cost anything extra because of your data package. I got a warning when I first started using it about "possible extra charges" but with the smartphone's data plan, no charges.

Occasional rider, occasional photographer

KnockOut Photography
https://www.facebook.com/KnockOutMotoPhotos
Unread
  (#14)
I wanna Ride !

July 16, 2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Navigation doesn't cost anything extra because of your data package. I got a warning when I first started using it about "possible extra charges" but with the smartphone's data plan, no charges.
Are you using VZ Navigator or Google Maps?
I was told that VZ Navigator was still an additional charge so I've stayed away since I've been using the Google Maps application and have found it very helpful
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

July 16, 2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Hey does anyone know of a free DVD ripper. I am going to be taking a flight next week and I thought it would be nice to rip a couple DVD's to the phone for some entertainment.
handbrake

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050