DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 503
4 members and 499 guests
davidcycle, Scot, Slider, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Dulles Expo - Nation's Gun Show 6/8-10 Review
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

Talking Dulles Expo - Nation's Gun Show 6/8-10 Review - June 8, 2012, 10:13 PM

Dulles Expo - Nation's Gun Show 6/8-10 Review

I know I haven't been around for a while so I was surprised when I saw nothing about this show with all the gun enthusiasts we have. Anyway, I had the day off and a busy weekend ahead of me so I went today, here are my observations.

Parking sucked today and I had to park in the Walmart. The hotel next door has put up 'No Expo Parking' signs and there is a jackass who sits there looking for rulebreakers.
---
Upon buying my first purchase, I heard a lot about Virginia HB940 - which you can read about here: LIS > Bill Tracking > HB940 > 2012 session

In summary, it "Eliminates the prohibition on purchasing more than one handgun in a 30-day period" and goes into effect July 1, 2012 - so next month's show will be ridiculously packed.
---
If you are not a fan of our current President, you will feel right at home.
---
Sig Sauer and Glock - they own this event. If you are in the market for any model of Sig Sauer or Glock and can't find it at this show, then start eating more carrots or spend your money at the optometrist because you're going blind.

Futhermore, if you can't find any holsters or extra clips for the Sig or Glock of choice ... Carrots/Optometrist.
---
Smith & Wesson M&P, Springfield XD and XDm, Ruger, and Taurus were also plentiful but not on the scale of Sig and Glock.
--
Other makes I saw but in small capacity were CZ, Beretta, Rossi, Bersa, Hi-Point, ATI.
--
Trader Jerry's has all of the above guns on their tables
--
Nobody loves the revolver anymore.
--
Everyone is selling some sort of AR-15/M4 - I was seeing the prices from $799-1600
--
I'm not even going to talk about the guns in the $2000+ range
--
Buy your ammo online - there was no deal as good as the ones I've seen online.
--
Rock Island Armory - I've never heard of this gun and they make a 1911 - why did I care? Because they are made in the Philippines and I like the 1911. I might go back and get one.
--
There were lots of first time female gun shoppers looking for guns. the wimmens.
--
Shotguns:
endless amounts of Remington and Mossberg. Lots of Mossberg 500s and loads of SxS and Over Unders, however there were a quite a few with ridiculous pricetags in the thousands.
--

I ended up getting what I came for, a Remington 870 Express Magnum w/a 28' barrel for less then $270. There are more to be had for around the same price. I also got a range bag and shotgun carrybag for $32.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 8, 2012, 10:27 PM

I may head over on sunday. Going to Winchester for the day/night tomorrow.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

June 10, 2012, 01:11 PM

@ OP... I am not a fan of guns and I don't understand half of what you said but mad props for a great write up on what's going so people can decide if they want to check it out or not.
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

June 11, 2012, 12:12 PM

Did anybody have a Keltec KSG? I'd love to see/handle one in person.

Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

June 11, 2012, 12:26 PM

"Rock Island Armory - I've never heard of this gun and they make a 1911 - why did I care? Because they are made in the Philippines and I like the 1911. I might go back and get one."

They make well respected budget conscious 1911s.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 11, 2012, 09:09 PM

Rock Island are not bad at all. In general you can find better deals online than at the show. Picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c for $399 free shipping on the internet. At the show I picked up two Mosin Nagants 91/30 7.62x54R. One is a Hex receiver model, the other is a round receiver model. Going to mod the round.

Last edited by Trireme; June 11, 2012 at 09:14 PM..