DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 503
1 members and 502 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
dun mess with EPA
Unread
  (#1)
Ni Hao Ma, Bitches!

dun mess with EPA - September 12, 2013, 11:11 AM

Senate wants answers on EPA

EPA storm troopers!
do you ready need rifles to inspect mines?

2006 Husqvarna 510sm
2006 Honda 919
1995 Ducati MOnster 900 - sold
2000 Suzuki GSXR 600 Track Bike - sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lemond Send a message via AIM to lemond Send a message via MSN to lemond  
Unread
  (#2)
Blah, Blah, and Blah

September 12, 2013, 11:30 AM

Welcome to the militarization of America. Even the IRS has a police force thanks to post 9/11 fed spending.

Don't worry, it is all for our safety.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg swatpolice.jpg.w560h315.jpg (38.4 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by peoples1234; September 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Lost

September 12, 2013, 12:16 PM

I'm putting my stock exhaust back on.

Unread
  (#4)
No more 1050 :(

September 12, 2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
The EPA opted to use them, because they could. That's it. No explanation needed.

They're able to get all the toys and have no real reason for using them, so they'll conjure up any excuse in the book to take their stuff out of the gear bag.
Pretty much this.

The way the Gov't budget works, a certain amount of $ is allotted to your department at the beginning of the year... if you don't use it all up, you don't get it next year.

It is all sorts of a retarded way to run things, and makes no business sense whatsoever..

Cost cutting efforts? Pbbthh
Yearly swings in the cost of maintaining ____? (let's take roads for example.. it won't snow at all one year, so there will be an excess of $ at the end of the winter.. if they don't use up this money on bullshit items, they won't have it next year for the blizzard, and they won't have the $ to keep the roads clear.)

Makes perfect sense.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 12, 2013, 02:05 PM

I had an ex who worked in sales for a software company. She loved the end of the fiscal year. She sold a ton of stuff to people who had no intention of using it. They just didn't want to have their budget shrink.
Unread
  (#6)
Meh

September 12, 2013, 02:05 PM

Good thing we are going in there gun blazing but you only get 14 years for murdering someone....

NJ teen gets 17 years for murder of Autumn Pasquale | 6abc.com
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

September 13, 2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemond View Post
Senate wants answers on EPA

EPA storm troopers!
do you ready need rifles to inspect mines?

Over react much?

“Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say POLICE emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” gold miner C.R. “Dick” Hammond told the Alaska Dispatch.

Read more: Senate wants answers on EPA

So they had vests and pistols and wore a jacket that said "POLICE" on the back. Kinda like every other armed Fed agent out there. Does not sound exactly like a full on FBI, DEA, ATF, etc raid.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

September 13, 2013, 08:17 AM

This sort of thing is not new. In the early 90s FDA had at least one armed raid on places selling dietary supplements. This was during the period Kessler was the FDA Commissioner.
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

September 13, 2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
Over react much?

“Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say POLICE emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” gold miner C.R. “Dick” Hammond told the Alaska Dispatch.

So they had vests and pistols and wore a jacket that said "POLICE" on the back. Kinda like every other armed Fed agent out there. Does not sound exactly like a full on FBI, DEA, ATF, etc raid.

You are right. Nobody's dog was shot and killed so that is plus.

They did go in there with despite the statement from the local and state law enforcement that they should not.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 13, 2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
You are right. Nobody's dog was shot and killed so that is plus.

They did go in there with despite the statement from the local and state law enforcement that they should not.

Where does the article that locals said they should not go to the mine?

I am not a fan of heavy handed tactics by the Feds, but I also dislike Chicken Little rhetoric as well. EPA cops show up to investigate suspected violations of the Clean Water Act. They ARE cops with arrest powers presumably, so they are armed and wearing vest, kinda like most other cops in the US. They poked around and left without making any arrest. Alaska miners are peeved that the EPA does not allow them to discard harmful byproducts of their mining operation into any handy stream they desire, so they make a big fuss to their Senator.

Clean water is over rated anyway.
Unread
  (#11)
Meh

September 13, 2013, 04:47 PM

“The Alaska State Troopers did not advise the EPA that there was dangerous drug activity,” Trooper spokesperson Megan Peters said. “We do not have evidence to suggest that is occurring.”
The Alaska Department of Law also said it did not advise the EPA on any current dangers in the area.

» EPA SWAT Team Raids Gold Miners in Alaska Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

September 13, 2013, 07:13 PM

One of the other companies in my building got raised for mail fraud the other day. There were dudes walking around in BPV's with POSTAL INSPECTOR written on the back and armed to the teeth. I lol'd.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#13)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 13, 2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
One of the other companies in my building got raised for mail fraud the other day. There were dudes walking around in BPV's with POSTAL INSPECTOR written on the back and armed to the teeth. I lol'd.
You would be surprised how well armed the postal inspector is. You better be sure to put the correct postage on that letter.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

September 13, 2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
“The Alaska State Troopers did not advise the EPA that there was dangerous drug activity,” Trooper spokesperson Megan Peters said. “We do not have evidence to suggest that is occurring.”
The Alaska Department of Law also said it did not advise the EPA on any current dangers in the area.

» EPA SWAT Team Raids Gold Miners in Alaska Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Did not advise, means they did not advise. It does not mean that they DID advise NOT to do something.

Quote:
On a conference call held in late August, a staffer for an Alaskan senator said that the EPA sent in armed men because it had been given information by Alaska State Troopers regarding “rampant drug and human trafficking going on in the area.”
That explanation was debunked by a spokeswoman for the state troopers, who said they did not advise the EPA to raid the mine and that there was no evidence of drug and human trafficking occurring.
“The Alaska State Troopers did not advise the EPA that there was dangerous drug activity. We do not have evidence to suggest that is occurring,” said state police spokesperson Megan Peters.

Unread
  (#15)
TNT
GP Champ

September 14, 2013, 12:44 AM

I think "did not advise" should be enough to make one stop and question. Should the fed goon squad be rolling through with assault rifles to do an investigation if the state hasn't said they need to come armed? I understand there are jurisdiction debates galore, and I'm not arguing that they should or should not be able to investigate policies they manage, but, sidestepping the insanity of every federal agency needing it's own mobile infantry, what constitutes where and when they can deploy their power suited space marines?

Oh yeah, and why don't the citizenry cry "OMG ASSAULT WEAPONS?!" - these are actual assault weapons...the select fire variety, not the watered down version that normal citizens "don't need nor ought to have."

Also, the phrase comes to mind...
When all you have is a hammer, you'll employ your special ninja swat unit for everything under the sun until one of the ill-trained apes goes and shoots and innocent.

Last edited by TNT; September 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM..