DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 183
2 members and 181 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ebay consignment biz anyone?
Unread
  (#1)
TPG og

Ebay consignment biz anyone? - June 3, 2009, 12:32 PM

Anyone ever thought of doing an ebay consignment business? I've been informally selling stuff for my friends and fam for a while now, and was thinking of trying a formal consignment business for people in my town. The town is very small and everyone knows everyone so it seem like a good idea. I know shipping like the back of the hand but then theres fees (paypal, ebay), questions of what to sell, how much to charge for your service, etc. Seems better than washing dishes on the weekends (again). Anyone have any experience in this?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

June 3, 2009, 12:34 PM

40 year old virgin comes to mind. There use to be an ebay store in Ashburn but it closed down. Dont know if you can make enough to pay the overhead of a store and make enough money for yourself to make it worth while

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

June 3, 2009, 12:35 PM

Yeah, theres one near me in Quince Orchard/Gburg, been there for a while. This would be run strictly outta my garage, part time since I'm 9-5 on weekdays.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#4)
VTMC Rider

June 3, 2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Yeah, theres one near me in Quince Orchard/Gburg, been there for a while. This would be run strictly outta my garage, part time since I'm 9-5 on weekdays.
I've thought about it too, but it would have to be garage based, overhead from a store would probably eat up any possible profit for a small time operation like nubbs pointed out.

Riding is good for the soul
- Honda CBR 929rr
- Ducati 1198s
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to MegaTorch7 Send a message via AIM to MegaTorch7