DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 515
5 members and 510 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Scot, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ebola Patient in DC
Unread
  (#1)
Stand Collector

Ebola Patient in DC - October 3, 2014, 12:36 PM

D.C. hospital admits patient with Ebola-like symptoms

Peace motherfuckers, its been nice knowing you all......

Last edited by airjor13; October 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMA Superbike Champ

October 3, 2014, 12:44 PM

how long until people stop showing up to work? sporting events? any public place?
Unread
  (#3)
Stand Collector

October 3, 2014, 12:45 PM

time to short some stocks brb
Unread
  (#4)
Sewing Machine Rider

October 3, 2014, 01:20 PM

Probably not a great idea today with the hiring data that came out
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2014, 01:33 PM

How the hell else do you think Frieden and Fauci will test their vaccines?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2014, 01:47 PM

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Stand Collector

October 3, 2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
Probably not a great idea today with the hiring data that came out
true
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

October 3, 2014, 02:14 PM

Why they haven't banned flights in and out of West Africa is beyond me. I work in biotech and have been in touch with DoD leaders running labs in the region, and its REALLY bad according to them...

'06 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary
Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaus View Post
Why they haven't banned flights in and out of West Africa is beyond me. I work in biotech and have been in touch with DoD leaders running labs in the region, and its REALLY bad according to them...
I can help you with this. Tony Fauci, director of the NIAID, is currently testing a vaccine against the Ebola virus.

Human testing of Ebola vaccine to begin this week | Daily Digest News

The main reason that no one has already developed a vaccine against Ebola virus is that there has never been an outbreak large enough to indicate that a vaccine maker could ever recover their expenses, let alone make any money from it. Well, things have changed, or so it seems. But they haven't changed enough. See, Africans cannot afford to buy lots of expensive vaccines. Who can? Americans. Even low-income Americans can still "buy" the vaccines via subsidies under Obamacare. The money that goes to everyone involved in the research, development, manufacturing, and distribution of the Ebola vaccine is green no matter how it gets there.

Question is, how do you create a huge market for a new vaccine in a short amount of time? Kill some Africans and import the disease to the U.S. But do it according to a 28 Days Later kind of script for extra effect. In short, scare the shit out of everyone, get the vaccine fast-tracked at the FDA, sell it like meth, and live large.

It's brilliant, and it's already working.

Missouri doctor accuses CDC of lying about Ebola situation | Daily Digest News

Did you know that the federal government applied for a patent--a PATENT--for all things human Ebola virus? Yep.

Patent US20120251502 - Human Ebola Virus Species and Compositions and Methods Thereof - Google Patents

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; October 3, 2014 at 02:42 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2014, 02:45 PM

CDC Ebola Patent could earn Billions from a Pandemic

Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Because, you know, no one would ever engineer this kind of thing.

A virus that, while not highly contagious, is HIGHLY infectious, only needs a 48-72 hour incubation period, renders an infected individual largely ineffective 48 hours after symptoms appear, and causes massive organ failure in 2 weeks leading to a 80-90% mortality rate.

Not to get all tin-foil hat on people, but God help me if that doesn't read like something that was geared to be a biological weapon and there was a site-test for efficacy that got a little out of control, because once again these "mysterious" human viruses always germinate in Africa.

HIV, Lassa, Ebola ...

Oh course I smirk a bit here saying this because no government would ever do such a thing. It would be abhorrent, a human rights violation of the highest order, and morally corrupt and devoid of any social or human conscious.

You know, just like how thousands of Africans die and the world's medical community largely said, "Sorry, everyone - there is no treatment, cure, of vaccination for this virus. Just keep drinking water if you get it and stay away from anyone."

The when two white American Doctors get hit with it, suddenly it's, "Ohhh...hey ....ummm, yeah so we actually do have this experimental serum that should nix it. Whoops, we forgot about that. Haha, our bad."

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Last edited by Heist; October 3, 2014 at 03:09 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Derpetologist

October 3, 2014, 03:09 PM

People patent vaccine strains. Science business 101.

Scientists doing the research have been among the first to test experimental vaccines... Remember when that German researcher pricked herself in '09 or so and was put on an experimental vaccine with zero human trials? They weren't even sure if the vaccine did anything.

Why aren't they released to the public? Because they're experimental. Probably made in small scale test production facilities sized for clinical trial populations. Like OSD said its not far enough along for a big manufacturer to have a dedicated production line spending billions of dollars a year to pump it out.

And injecting thousands of infected Africans with US government made test vaccine and having it produce no effect or, worse, cause severe side effects on top of their Ebola is a sure way to sabotage the long term international health enterprise if you ask me. Ethical gray areas abound.

My 2 cents.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

Last edited by Rail; October 3, 2014 at 03:23 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
If a private drug company develops a vaccine, they have every right to profit and profit greatly from their work product.

If a private compounding company synthesizes and manufacturers the vaccines, the have every right to profit and profit greatly from their work product.

But if ANY public funds, public funded data / research, or collateral shared scientific knowledge from public or government institutions is used in the development of the vaccine, I defend that they should not have sole and exclusive working use of the patent.

Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
People do, yes. I've been through the process myself, albeit not for a virus. It is not unusual for the government to apply for patents by way of their employed researchers to do so. My application means that the NCI submitted an application because I was working for the NCI at the time. The fact that the CDC has a patent on Ebola virus alone does not raise suspicions for me. The fact that the only two vaccines showing promise are also being tested in government labs..., well that one gives me pause. One is the Fauci-led effort at the NIH, and the other is being tested at Walter Reed. Not sure who the big face is on the WR vaccine.

Unread
  (#15)
Derpentine Dealer

October 3, 2014, 03:27 PM

I am trying not to get down too far on a conspiracy road on this thing. However, my suspicions are tweaked by how bold Tom Frieden has been in pushing both the influenza vaccine and the HPV vaccine, Gardasil. In the case of the flu vaccine, evidence keeps pouring out that it is essentially worthless. So then why is it official CDC policy to say it's the best method of preventing the flu? Well, it sells for $20 a pop.

How about Gardasil? I'm not as well-read on this one, but cases keep being reported of major safety concerns with this one. Yet the CDC really pushes it. Why? Not sure, except that someone is making money from every single dose sold.

Earlier this year, the CDC endorsed an HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis called Truvada for people at high risk of HIV exposure. Gilead Sciences is the maker, and they charge something like $1,500 per pill. Of course, it is a once-daily medication. Can you imagine the revenue? How can anyone pay for it? Not sure. However, I wrote an opinion piece on this, calling into question a potential conflict of interest involved in the CDC's endorsement of Truvada. That same day I had HIV people trying to contact me and "set me straight." My linkedin profile got lit up by people all over the country, in some cases by lawyers. It was a little spooky, and I backed away from the Truvada thing.

If I go missing, tell Dutch I'll do all I can to send him a message back from the other side!