DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 518
3 members and 515 guests
beatle, nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
environmental jobs
Unread
  (#1)
Learnin to Ride my SV

environmental jobs - December 9, 2011, 01:30 PM

Just curious if anyone on here's got experience or contacts within the environmental sector.

I've got an Integrated Science and Technology degree, with is a B.S. in Applied Science. Pretty much the same coursework as environmental engineering, but I worked in biotechnology, alternative fuels, and air/water/soil as well. Also did work related to worker health and safety, soil remediation, product life cycle analysis, and hazardous wastes. Graduated 2010.

In the real world, working for the National Park Service, doing natural resource management. Lots of work with GPS/GIS, Access database, herbicides/power tools... Doing actual field work to the benefit of the environment. Kinda what I'm looking for, 'cept it's mostly seasonal employment.

So been applying to environmental consulting firms, as well as energy/research positions, water/soil technician jobs... With no luck. Was really interested in the bike-share programs, but they're all run by overseas companies.

Curious if anyone has contacts here for this sort of work. Not looking for cleared positions. Also any advice for ways to stand out would be great too- been considering GIS or surveying certifications, hazardous waste certs, CDL...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

December 9, 2011, 03:45 PM

Shoot Kevers a PM. She spends all day digging around in the dirt

FYI...She isn't on much anymore, but I can tell her to check PM if you do end up sending anything. Not sure if she can help.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#3)
SRWJTS Recruiter

December 9, 2011, 03:49 PM

Are you interested in doing actual hands on environmental work (in the field in the dirt) or working with environmental data?

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#4)
Learnin to Ride my SV

December 9, 2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt View Post
Are you interested in doing actual hands on environmental work (in the field in the dirt) or working with environmental data?
I am able to do (and have done) both. But my full-time jobs (vs. education) have been outdoor/field natural resource jobs, which I feel may make people question my ability with the technical stuff...