DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
0 members and 562 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Everyones favorite family pet has killed yet again
Unread
  (#1)
Retired

Everyones favorite family pet has killed yet again - August 11, 2009, 08:29 AM

2 pitt bulls have killed a 20 year old kid in Leesburg who was trying to stop them from killing his dog.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...-52904747.html

Can't wait to hear the typical excuses from the dog sympathizers.

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Recognized by .net as the #1 choice for poor gays worldwide.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TPG Bannings: III

August 11, 2009, 08:37 AM

interesting story, not much information there, but who ever owned those dogs should be put down along with the pits.
Unread
  (#3)
GET SOME ! ! !

August 11, 2009, 08:43 AM

those dogs always seem to make the headlines, but they did not determine if it was those dogs' fault....yet

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#4)
Squid Hunter

August 11, 2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
those dogs always seem to make the headlines, but they did not determine if it was those dogs' fault....yet
Correct.

However my girlfriend knows the owner and she said the dogs were not very friendly. The kid who was killed was the owners younger brother.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Eweezy  
Unread
  (#5)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 11, 2009, 08:48 AM

Monday, August 10, 2009

2009 Fatality: Leesburg Man, 20, Killed by His Two Pit Bulls Trying to Break up Fight

From left: Officer Chris Jones, Loudon County Animal Control, Nick Perry, victim's home.

Death by "Dog Aggression"
Leesburg, VA - Investigators say a 20-year-old Leesburg man (Loudon County) was found inside his home mauled to death by his pit bulls. Four dogs -- two pit bulls and two smaller dogs -- were located inside the home. The pit bulls were roaming free, one of the smaller dogs, a cocker spaniel, was in a cage and the other small dog was dead. Nick Perry, one of the victim's friends, said he was trying to break up a fight between his pit bulls when he was fatally attacked by them.
Pit bull "dog aggression," an artificially selected trait for the purposes of dogfighting, kills dogs and people.
As word spread of the young man's death, grief apparently grew into aggression and at least one person had to be subdued by police in front of the family home. "I think just the emotion of what has happened here, I think they are just reacting to that," said Officer Chris Jones of the Leesburg Police Department. Morgan Hunt, another friend of the victim said, "I bet he woke up this morning like a normal morning and then this happens. It's insane, it's devastating."

It is not uncommon for a pit bull owner to be violently attacked by his dogs. Such attacks are consistently in the news. What is "insane" is that many pit bull owners do not believe their dogs are capable of such an attack regardless of the substantial data -- gathered over 25 years -- that proves otherwise. So far, police have decided not to release the victim's name. In the meantime, grief counselors have arrived to help calm several friends struggling to accept the tragedy.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired

August 11, 2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEaton View Post
who ever owned those dogs should be put down along with the pits.
Why?

Because they were stupid enough to get them in the first place?

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Unread
  (#7)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

August 11, 2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
interesting story, not much information there, but who ever owned those dogs should be put down along with the pits.
I agree w/ you. I don't understand why people feel they need these types of dogs anyway. The people train them to be mean and agressive and then, when the dogs hurt,harm or evenn kill someone they are up and arms "not my fault the dog done what it did"! Ireally don't blame the dogs their just doing what they are tault.

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497

Last edited by macdad; August 11, 2009 at 08:58 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Hunter

August 11, 2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCURT View Post
Why?

Because they were stupid enough to get them in the first place?
And why have two in the same house? That's just a bad decision.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Eweezy  
Unread
  (#9)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 11, 2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The irony is that's kinda what happened. Whoever owned or lived with them is the one that got killed.

Tanya
Unread
  (#10)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 11, 2009, 09:01 AM

Almost any dog can be trained to kill. My next door neighbor has 2 pits that have grown up playing with my kids. They are the nicest dogs to play with and have never shown any aggression towards me or my family. If either one even barked or growled at my kids then my neighbor will get rid of the dogs. It has been 3 years and the dogs are great. BTW he has one female and one male.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

August 11, 2009, 09:01 AM

Sad

Any dog can be aggressive, it is sad that this breed gets such a bad rap. Our neighbors have a female pit which is being socialized and doing great!

As a parent of a child who was bit by a dog (not pit bull), I know first hand the damage any dog, any size, can do to a child. We are lucky that the wounds will heal and she has no fears of dogs.

I feel for the family of the victim.

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---

Last edited by Kayaus; August 11, 2009 at 09:05 AM..
Unread
  (#12)
I wanna Ride !

August 11, 2009, 09:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this young man, and at this point for what these animals have done they should be destroyed.

Though why always blame it on the pits....just because the dog is given a bad name for what they have been breed and used for over the years. They actually are very nice family pets and make excellent therapy dogs giving many people smiles when they enter a room. Any dog can fight and it can be the slightest thing that sets them off. How many people report Chihuahua, Poodle or Min Pin bites, and the damage they do especially to young children? Should every person with a Boxer, German Shepherd, Rotty, etc be prosecuted for owning more than one in the same household due to their nature?
Unread
  (#13)
Retired

August 11, 2009, 09:12 AM

Just to reiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch View Post

It is not uncommon for a pit bull owner to be violently attacked by his dogs. Such attacks are consistently in the news. What is "insane" is that many pit bull owners do not believe their dogs are capable of such an attack regardless of the substantial data -- gathered over 25 years -- that proves otherwise.

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

August 11, 2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976mike View Post
Any dog can be aggressive, it is sad that this breed gets such a bad rap. Our neighbors have a female pit which is being socialized and doing great!

As a parent of a child who was bit by a dog (not pit bull), I know first hand the damage any dog, any size, can do to a child.
Sure, any dog can bite you, but only a pit can bite your neck off. My sisters Yorkie no matter how aggressive will never really harm you much. Pits, more than any other breed BY FAR, are trouble dogs. This is because socialization can only go so far, and 95% of the owners don't train their dogs properly anyway.

Basically, I also don't understand why people can't just pick another breed. There's so many breeds to pick from, and they don't have the same problems pits do.

Ultimately, I do think people should own whatever they want, but if their dog causes harm, they should be legally liable and pay the price.
Unread
  (#15)
Popplers!

August 11, 2009, 09:15 AM

I was bit by my aunts Akita when I was 9. She went straight for my face, knocked me unconcious and I sat there almost bleeding to death. 48 stitches and I'm all better.

Anyone that thinks this is status quo for pitbulls, I proposition you to come to my house. You will meet the most "viscious" 100lb pitbull ever!

The owners brother was killed, this is sad. Unless the brother abused these dogs, which we have no way of finding out.