DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 624
3 members and 621 guests
fxc3700, GRN96WS6, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ex-Marine shoots suspects who attempted to rob sandwich shop
Unread
  (#1)
NW DC Rider

Thumbs up Ex-Marine shoots suspects who attempted to rob sandwich shop - June 29, 2007, 05:30 PM

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI53001/

Quote:
PLANTATION, Fla. (WSVN) -- A 71-year-old former Marine opened fire on two robbers at a Subway Sandwich Shop in Plantation late Wednesday night, killing one and critically wounding the other.

According to police, two masked men entered the Subway off Pine Island Road and Sunrise Boulevard in the Jacaranda Square strip mall after 11 p.m. Wednesday. "As I was about to go into the store, I noticed a man with a gun pointing down," said Sebastian Shakespeare. "I really didn't think it was a real gun."

According to reports, one of the suspects first attacked the store's employee before the second suspect attacked the customer. "He told him to give him all the money and asked if there's any more money in the back," said Darrell Mendez, the employee's cousin. "My cousin doesn't speak good English. He told them that's all the money, and he ducked down on the ground."

After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to shove John Lovell who happened to be an ex-Marine into a bathroom and rob him. "As the customer was being forced into the restroom at gunpoint, the customer, who was in fear for his life and was legally armed, shot the robbery suspect," said Detective Robert Rettig of the Plantation Police Department.

But the ex-Marine pulled out his handgun and shot one of the thieves in the head and chest and the other in the head. When police arrived, they found one of the men in the shop and cash strewn around the front of the Subway. Police found the second suspect next to a nearby business. "The second subject was hiding in the bushes where a K-9 and his handler apprehended the suspect," said Rettig.

Paramedics transported both men to Broward General Medical Center, where one, Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale died. The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale, remains in critical but stable condition. Police say if Gadson survives, he will be charged with armed robbery and murder of his alleged accomplice.

According to police, the ex-Marine will not face any criminal charges because he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon. However, the State Attorney's Office have yet to confirm that.

The restaurant closed for the day.
It's nice to hear POSITIVE stories about why CCW laws are a good thing as opposed to just the random (unlicensed) crazies that usually make the news...

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#2)
Tough guy

June 29, 2007, 08:38 PM

No such thing as an EX-Marine - "Once a Marine - Always a Marine"
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#3)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

June 29, 2007, 09:08 PM

1 - the writing in the article is passively negative about the marine and him defending himself with a concealed weapon.

2 - if the Dems had it their way the Marine woud be fucked. I've heard it argued countless times that "the robbers are only interested in the money" so killing them is unwarranted and thus criminal, even if they are armed.

CCW laws shouldn't be required.. guns should be an unbreachable Constitutional right.

oh wait...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
THE PATIENT

June 29, 2007, 10:44 PM

sweet ....... clik clik boom ----- die fukers die
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 29, 2007, 11:47 PM

Way to go! that is why there should be no gun laws in america. the ex-whatevers (army, marines, navy, and yes even chairforce) will defend what is right even though it is not necessary.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#6)
Railin????

June 30, 2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
Way to go! that is why there should be no gun laws in america. the ex-whatevers (army, marines, navy, and yes even chairforce) will defend what is right even though it is not necessary.
I gotta disagree, I think gun control is a beautiful thing, it's just not exactly how I'd have it set up.

This is an awesome story.

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple  
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 30, 2007, 07:31 AM

Last edited by jbowser12; November 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
NW DC Rider

June 30, 2007, 12:23 PM

Because if anyone dies during the commission of a felony, the perpetrator(s) of the felony are automatically deemed responsible, even if they did not directly cause the death.

A recent example was a kid who stole a motorcycle (felony) and ran from the police (felony); the officer (admittedly performing a stupid chase) lost control of his vehicle and killed himself. The kid was caught and received 45 years in prison for murder for the officer's death, even though he did not directly cause the officer to lose control and crash.

-Ryan

2007 Yamaha R6 (race)
2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
CCS #341
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to rhouck Send a message via AIM to rhouck Send a message via MSN to rhouck  
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 30, 2007, 04:39 PM

ohhhhh got it.
Unread
  (#10)
Banned

June 30, 2007, 07:33 PM

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...ews01/70627006
Unread
  (#11)
Railin????

June 30, 2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxten
hahahaha that's awesome. My granfather-in-law used to box with rocky marciano and was also a boxer for the marines, and for an 80 ish year old, the dude swings HELLA fast.

-Apple
Quote:
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
Unread
  (#12)
DT
Yesssssss.....

July 1, 2007, 06:05 AM

Sweet. Nice to hear the criminal element in this country getting a taste of their own.

Guy did exactly what I would have done - however there wouldn't have been anyone "hiding in the bushes" unless I dragged him there.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#13)
DT
Yesssssss.....

July 1, 2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegula
2 - if the Dems had it their way the Marine woud be fucked. I've heard it argued countless times that "the robbers are only interested in the money" so killing them is unwarranted and thus criminal, even if they are armed.

CCW laws shouldn't be required.. guns should be an unbreachable Constitutional right.

oh wait...
Well put. Although I would have stated "liberal" democrats. I don't like hippies - their complacency and "everything is solved with love" approach to life infects the decency in society.

Hang 'em.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#14)
Lets go toaster shopping

July 1, 2007, 09:19 AM

The appropriate term would be "Former Marine". Thank you. That is all.

Viper Pilot
95 FZR 600 Mark II
http://www.myspace.com/viper_pilot
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ViperPilot  
Unread
  (#15)
Railin????

July 1, 2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperPilot
The appropriate term would be "Former Marine". Thank you. That is all.
True.

-Apple
Quote: