DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 493
1 members and 492 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Extended Auto Warranty Help Needed
Unread
  (#1)
Here we go Steelers :)

Question Extended Auto Warranty Help Needed - January 30, 2010, 06:53 PM

Alright, so I recently purchased an Audi S4 thats factory warranty has just expired. I have been considering buying an extended warranty as getting things fixed on these cars cost an arm and leg.

That is where you come in, what should I do? The warranty company I would like to go with is Fidelity, as they have the best coverage and reputation (http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/). I can buy a plan that covers everything aside from basic maintenance items and is accepted anywhere I go.

Options:
  1. 4yr/48k miles: $4,200
  2. 3yr/36k miles: $3,200
  3. Lesser coverage plan (gold plan) 4yr/48k miles: $2500
  4. Save my money and pay any big breakdown costs out of savings/credit card

Does anyone have experience with this? I have been going back and forth on getting one for a few weeks now and need a second opinion.

Lastly, if anyone can help me get a better deal....Please let me know.

Thanks everyone in advance!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4.jpg (101.0 KB, 54 views)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMA Superbike Champ

January 30, 2010, 07:48 PM

man thats a lot of money. i dont know about AUDIs, but cars these days can survive 100k w/o problems. save that $3200 and use it for possible repairs for next 3 years.

2005 Yamaha R6 Raven
1982 Suzuki GS650L
1974 Honda CB550 (Cafe' racer Project)
1971 Honda CB450 (currently restoring to stock may be a future Cafe')
Unread
  (#3)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

January 30, 2010, 07:51 PM

save your money. the b6 and b7 s4's are decently reliable, much more so than the b5 s4

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

January 30, 2010, 08:23 PM

buy the gold plan and be done with it... covers all powertrain components... trust me its worth it.. trans replacement 6500.00 or so .. dont even ask about engine replacement etc... the gold covers water pump, alt, starter and anything else powertrain... u still have emmission warr till 8yrs or 80k whichever comes 1st and things not covered are sensors (most not all) belts, hoses , brakes interior parts, electrical parts, mostly stuff that would be somewhat doable to replace out of pocket... and yes fidelity is easy to work with...

oh yea and ask them cuz if you dont use your warranty on alot of plans u will get that money back... something they started in the last cpl years...

plus u can pay that 2500 over the 2-3 yrs as opposed to one lump sum or some ridiculous credit card interest rate

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"

Last edited by FUNx1000; January 30, 2010 at 08:25 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#5)
Here we go Steelers :)

January 30, 2010, 09:23 PM

Thanks for all the advice.

I am going to call and ask about getting your money back if you dont use it.

Any advice on getting lower prices on the warranties? I have been to three places that sell Fidelity and havent done better than the prices above.

Reading several Audi forums, it appears as if there are certain common issues with this model, ie flywheel bearing/motor mounts/coil packs/etc, and I do not want to be spending $$$ over the next 4 years covering these costs.

FUNx1000, do you know the major differences between gold/Gold plus/Platinum? I have been trying to compare these plans and the costs of fixing the items that are excluded. This has become very difficult to do.

Thanks again guys, youre help is really appreciated.
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

January 31, 2010, 04:37 PM

Here is my input on the idea coming from a Service Advisor for a Subaru dealership. Our dealership used to sell them and I have had customers come in that had them. I am not a fan of that company because they really screwed a customer of mine. They told both myself and my customer the failed part on their sunroof is covered. Because the only way to get that part, the entire sunroof has to be replaced as it is a plastic clip built into the sunroof, they changed their mind after the fact.

I would recommend looking at other companies and see what they offer. I know Nissan Quality Guard Plus, First Extended and Easy Care extended warranties are one of the better ones. The problem with many of the extended warranties are they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I have dealt with some shitty ones over the 7 years I have been in the automotive service industry.

Also I would go to your normal service shop and see if they accept the warranty you are getting/have. Remember the shops do reserve the right to not accept the warranty company. Now if they sell the warranty, then they have to. I know there are some we refuse to accept because we never would get our reimbursement for months from them.

2008 ZZR 600- Ignition advancer, Leo Vince exhaust
1998 Camaro Z/28 hardtop- Suspension, and exhaust 300rwhp, 308 rwtq
2007 Subaru legacy 2.5i- Daily Driver

Last edited by Woodrow; January 31, 2010 at 04:40 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Woodrow Send a message via AIM to Woodrow  
Unread
  (#7)
Groping is a skill...

February 1, 2010, 09:12 PM

Having some limited but negative experience about Audis and their electronic problems I would highly suggest investing in an extended warranty. I wouldn't worry too much about the engine but get something that will cover the electronics only. Maybe that will save some money.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Being nice :)

February 1, 2010, 10:44 PM

Extended warranties are for suckers

You're Welcome...