DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
1 members and 521 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Derpetologist

November 23, 2011, 10:44 AM

Been driving up and down 495 and it's a goddamn demolition derby. Passed 3 accidents just now (got stuck in the aftermath of a fourth one earlier) with majorly mangled cars, some piled up, facing the wrong way and upside down. Ride / drive careful.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

November 23, 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail
Been driving up and down 495 and it's a goddamn demolition derby. Passed 3 accidents just now (got stuck in the aftermath of a fourth one earlier) with majorly mangled cars, some piled up, facing the wrong way and upside down. Ride / drive careful.
95 too

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 23, 2011, 11:03 AM

Anddddd the holiday season has begun !!!!

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

November 23, 2011, 11:03 AM

not just on the roads but be cautious of suspicious activities, holidays are a prime target for terrorist acts, especially against soft targets, such as malls, social gatherings, religious gatherings etc....
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#5)
2 wheels for life

November 23, 2011, 11:11 AM

swapping tampons while driving?

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 23, 2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
swapping tampons while driving?

or dipping them in vodka while swaping them out.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

November 23, 2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
It actually started last night.
I was on 95 near College Park. There was an accident near the 95/495 split headed North. The back-up went on for 5 miles. I decided on the way back I would take Rte 1. As soon as I got to Costco, just beyond this was ANOTHER accident. Two fire trucks 3 ambulances.

What should have been a 10 mile in and out jaunt took me almost an hour of riding down residential roads plugged up with overflow and rerouted local traffic.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

November 23, 2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah79 View Post
not just on the roads but be cautious of suspicious activities, holidays are a prime target for terrorist acts, especially against soft targets, such as malls, social gatherings, religious gatherings etc....
Motorcycle thieves.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

November 23, 2011, 01:49 PM

Keep your mouth shut to the cops. All you legally have to do is take a breathlyzer, no acrobatics on the sidewalk. Happy Thanksgiving!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

November 23, 2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st View Post
Keep your mouth shut to the cops. All you legally have to do is take a breathlyzer, no acrobatics on the sidewalk. Happy Thanksgiving!
You don't have to submit to a breathlyzer.
Refuse. Always refuse. It constitutes a violation of your Fourth Amendment right to privacy and against search and seizure, Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination, or Sixth Amendment right to counsel prior to taking the breath test.

Simply say, I do consent to any searches. I do not consent to any tests. Am I free to go now officer. (If you're coherent enough to remember to say this and say it without slurring all the words).

Now if you invoke this right understand that most states have an automatic imply consent trigger clause in your license that will suspend the license for at least 6 months and they will hit you with a "Refusal" charge which carries about the same penalty as a DWI, but that's a helluva lot better than a DUI/DWI on your record!

You can always explain away a Refusal charge and how you felt the test was a clear violation of several of your rights down the road. It's a helluva lot harder to explain away a DUI/DWI conviction.

Make them get a warrant and draw blood, but under no circumstances submit to the breath test.

Unread
  (#11)
unapologetic

November 23, 2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
You don't have to submit to a breathlyzer.
Refuse. Always refuse. It constitutes a violation of your Fourth Amendment right to privacy and against search and seizure, Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination, or Sixth Amendment right to counsel prior to taking the breath test.

Simply say, I do consent to any searches. I do not consent to any tests. Am I free to go now officer. (If you're coherent enough to remember to say this and say it without slurring all the words).

Now if you invoke this right understand that most states have an automatic imply consent trigger clause in your license that will suspend the license for at least 6 months and they will hit you with a "Refusal" charge which carries about the same penalty as a DWI, but that's a helluva lot better than a DUI/DWI on your record!

You can always explain away a Refusal charge and how you felt the test was a clear violation of several of your rights down the road. It's a helluva lot harder to explain away a DUI/DWI conviction.

Make them get a warrant and draw blood, but under no circumstances submit to the breath test.
This post should be stickied or copied and pasted to everyone's phone. It's common knowledge and rarely taken advantage of. I'm not advocating drunk driving either, I'm just in support of a person knowing their rights and determining for themselves when to utilize those rights.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

November 23, 2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
This post should be stickied or copied and pasted to everyone's phone. It's common knowledge and rarely taken advantage of. I'm not advocating drunk driving either, I'm just in support of a person knowing their rights and determining for themselves when to utilize those rights.
I concur. I am by no means advocating the same. However, whether we choose to admit it or not, there have been plenty of times we all have probably left the bar or restaurant and took that last sip or quickly downed the remainder of that nice glass of wine after you got the check and just before you walked out the door. Or left a friends house after watching the game or chilling out, and your last drink was a half hour ago.

Are you blitzed. No.
Are you buzzed. Maybe.
Will you flunk a test, lose your license for a period, spike your insurance premium for the next half decade, have to spend $700 on a lawyer, $500 in fines, $200 in Drivers Improvement courses because you were .01 over the limit. Absolutely.

If you're wrong, you're wrong. This is about mitigating the consequences and collateral damage so you can move on with your life unincumbered.