DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 589
1 members and 588 guests
scarab
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Extreme Challenge Win
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!

Extreme Challenge Win - March 5, 2007, 02:22 PM

Whassup folks. Droppin' in to give some info. I fought last Saturday (Feb 24th) in the "Extreme Challenge" event in Delaware. We exchanged quite a bit and I was winning the standup war. My opponent was able to pin me against the cage and slammed me to the floor. I immediately went for the triangle which he defended and I switched to the armlock which he defended as well. While on my back I took some really solid knees from him to my ribs. However, I got the fight back on the feet, clinched him and began to deliver knees of my own (one of which literally folded him in half). At the end of round one he was visibly tired and beaten up pretty good. Round 2 started and it was more of the same, me delivering the majority of the punishment. Although he got a few kicks in. He dropped his hands and I secured the knockout.

So, :43 seconds into round #2 ... I emerged victorious via knockout.

If anyone is interested there are fights (MMA and Thai Boxing) on March 17th in Sterling at the Dulles Sportsplex. I won't be competing in this one (as my next fight is May 19th) but will be there with a bunch of friends enjoying from outside of the cage/ring. One of my students just won another title in Indiana 2 weeks ago (he's the "Elite Cage Fighting" lightweight champion now too). He fights again on the 24th of this month in Missouri (on the same card as former UFC fighter Joe Jordon) so I'm pretty busy preparing him.

And as always, if anyone is looking for a great workout and effective self-defense (men AND women), we have programs for EVERYONE (not just fighters). We are a self-defense school FIRST (although we DO produce championship Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Thai Boxing, and MMA athletes). We've got Men, Women, and Children - all with different goals and aspirations.

Mitch (aka Cipher)
Evolve Academy - Winchester (a Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate)
Head Instructor
(540)247-1114
www.evolveacademy.com

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

March 5, 2007, 02:52 PM

congrats
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

March 5, 2007, 02:55 PM

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
K-K
Shut yo damn snack chute

March 5, 2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
Mitch (aka Cipher)
Evolve Academy - Winchester (a Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate)
Head Instructor
(540)247-1114
www.evolveacademy.com
Where the hell you been hiding???

- If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to K-K  
Unread
  (#5)
Railing!

March 6, 2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-K
Where the hell you been hiding???
LOL, Whassup K-K? It's been crazy for me. Had alot going on this past year or so (I had one cousin die late '05 and I wasn't really up to doing anything for a loooong time as she was like my sister. Then last summer, '06 another cousin was shot and killed in Maryland. In addition to all that, I've been getting my school up and running). I'm hoping to get out this summer though. I LITERALLY had to blow dust off of my bike. I think I rode twice last summer and both times was to the store and back.

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 6, 2007, 09:10 AM

Hey on the 17th what time? I will be there around 6pm for kids soccer and would like to see this.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

March 6, 2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Hey on the 17th what time? I will be there around 6pm for kids soccer and would like to see this.
You'll see everyone starting to come in (mingle around) if you'll be there at 6. Usually the fighters are there early to get weighed in and doctor "pre-fight" check-ups. It will get started (I belive) around 7ish.

Unread
  (#8)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

March 6, 2007, 09:24 AM

Sweet I my stick around to watch this. But it is ST. Patricks day!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!