DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 580
2 members and 578 guests
t84a, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
F*#K Battlefield Towing and property managment companies!!!
Unread
  (#1)
Retired to most ...

Angry F*#K Battlefield Towing and property managment companies!!! - July 23, 2007, 10:09 AM

So here is the story.

Friday night my car was towed from outside my girlfriends house. I was parked in a VISITOR spot since I don't live here. I called Battlefield towing and informed them I was not a resident so my car should not have been towed since I was in a visitor spot. They told me that it was towed because I was in a visitor spot without a valid visitor permit. My girlfriend reads the porperty parking notcie that was released to all the residents and guess what .... they don't use visitor parking permits. I called Battlefield again and let them know what the parking notice said and they told me that it was not their problem and I would have to take it up with the managment company if I wanted the car relaesed at no cost. I ask to speak to the manger on duty and instead just get qouted $125 to get the damn car out. Didn't matter what I said they just kept saying $125 to get my car back and telling what payments the except. I pretty much got a "sucks to be you" kinda thing. So I get the property managment companies number and give them a call. Straight to a recording with office hours which include Saturday hours but no one is there. To make it worse it's not an answering machine just a recording so I can't leave a message asking them to call me back ASAP. The recording does however give an emergency number which I tried to call. Rang busy ALL day until about 6:00 in the evening at which point the damn number was then DISCONNECTED.

So I go through the weekend with no car for several reasons but the main one being that I broke no rules and should not have to come out of pocket for their screw up. I get the managment company on the phone this morning and after being transfered about 10 times someone finally took my information including the car description and my cell number and said they would call me back since only the property manager for this area can handle this. An hour later I get a call back and the first thing the guy does is ask for all the information on the car!! Irritated but still remaing calm I give the information again and he agrees to call me right back. 30 min later I get called back just for this guy to confirm that Battlefield does in fact have my car. WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK!! THANKS FOR FUCKIN CATCHING UP!! GET THE FUCKIN THING OUT OF IMPOUND!! Didn't say that but good God I almost threw the phone when he said that to me. He then proceeds to confirm with me they do NOT use visitors permits and asked if I recived a warning once before. I told him that yes I had a yellow sticker put on the Wed. night while I was parked in in a completly DIFFERENT VISITOR SPOT!!! He then tells me that when I get one of those warnings I'm suposed to call the number on the warning sticker and let them know I'm not a resident so I can be removed from their "warned driver list". The fuckin sticker says the following : WARNING!! YOUR VEHICLE IS ILLEGALLY PARKED. DO NOT PARK HERE AGAIN OR YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED!! That's it. No tow company name, no number .. NOTHING!!

I let the guy know what the sticker says and then proceeds to tell me that there is nothing he can do for me and that the only way to solve this problem is for me to pay the damn money in full, write a letter to the HOA board requesting a refund and wait for their answer. Then he lets me know they have already met for this month and will not be meeting next month due to schedule conflicts. Now I'm fuckin livid. I did nothing wrong. I should not have been warned nor should I have been towed. I even parked in a different visitor spot as the sticker suggested I do. I explain my displeasure to this guy and let him know that it makes no sense when I'm not a fault. Here comes the bullshit .... He tells me that there is nothing he can do for me and I'll have to wait for the property manager for this area to get into the office which will not be until 2:00. WHAT THE FUCK?? I thought this guy was the property manager since I was told the property manager would be calling me back. Holy shit I'm pissed. I now have to wait until 2:00 for some lady to get into the office.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#2)
Spike

July 23, 2007, 10:14 AM

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#3)
Ride the Metal Monster

July 23, 2007, 10:19 AM

While not on the same level of getting the short end of the stick, I was once in Virginia Beach with some friends. My one friend was friends with this other guy we ran into on the beach, so he invites us back to his apartment to shower/change/chill before we have to drive back to Richmond.

"Oh sure man, just park right there. They won't bother you"

Not 15 minutes go by before I run out to my car to get my towel, and lo, no car.

"That sucks dude, better go to the lot and pick it up."

Pay my impound fee, asshole.

...anyway, I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope things work out in your favor.

2005 Ninja 500R - Sold!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Hulk Smashed!
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - Cloned. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dodeskjeggen  
Unread
  (#4)
I got dis!

July 23, 2007, 10:21 AM

I fought with Battlefield Towing numerous times in the year and half I lived in Centreville. I had 2 different vehicles towed a total of 5 times. Twice from my reserved resident spot. I never saw a $$ back from either them or my property management. Thankfully my landlord took pity on me and just discounted my rent.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#5)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 23, 2007, 10:23 AM

that suks balls...call the cops?

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#6)
Agitator

July 23, 2007, 10:29 AM

predatory towing IS a crime btw

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#7)
Site Admin

July 23, 2007, 10:38 AM

atleast is wasnt Henrys towing....they are worse.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

July 23, 2007, 10:52 AM

battlefield is almost as bad as Henry's, and is probably getting that bad.

You haveno recourse dude, get your car out asap, I've spent over $2000k in towing fees to battlefield in the last 2 years in Herndon.

*sigh*

Gixrben

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#9)
I got dis!

July 23, 2007, 10:56 AM

I ended up putting a sign in my windows that read:
"Dear Battlefield Towing,
When you remove this car from this spot please look very carefully at the curb, it says (my reserved spot #). Which means you've just illegally moved a properly parked vehicle. Please put the car back in the space and do your best not to damage it because you're on camera right now and any bills incurred to repair my vehicle will be forwarded to your manager."

This was after the 2nd time I'd been towed from my reserved spot, and I'd gone to the office with pictures of my car in it's spot before it was towed and pictures of the spot (which clearly said reserved) after I was towed. Yeah I didn't get my money back that time either, but they did say they'd notify the drivers again not to tow me.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#10)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

July 23, 2007, 11:04 AM

Johnny, call him back and let him know that you've been in touch with the Better Business Bureau, (BBB). Call the BBB and let them know what's gone on, they'll be on top of that quicker than shit!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#11)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

July 23, 2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgnfiend
I ended up putting a sign in my windows that read:
"Dear Battlefield Towing,
When you remove this car from this spot please look very carefully at the curb, it says (my reserved spot #). Which means you've just illegally moved a properly parked vehicle. Please put the car back in the space and do your best not to damage it because you're on camera right now and any bills incurred to repair my vehicle will be forwarded to your manager."

This was after the 2nd time I'd been towed from my reserved spot, and I'd gone to the office with pictures of my car in it's spot before it was towed and pictures of the spot (which clearly said reserved) after I was towed. Yeah I didn't get my money back that time either, but they did say they'd notify the drivers again not to tow me.
Same deal, call the BBB

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#12)
Jake's Mom

July 23, 2007, 11:07 AM

my HOA had to fire Battlefield and hire a new towing company because they were just outta control tow happy. they used to stalk my neighborhood and it was just ridiculous. not much you can do about it...just tell the homeowner to complain to the HOA...and eventually they might switch tow companies...until then...Park somewhere ELSE!

2005 R6 - Track
2012 BMW S1000RR - Street
Ride Like A Girl Racing
Diva Rydaz
R.I.P. Wayne aka Godson
R.I.P. Sue Miller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Too Broke For Track Days

July 23, 2007, 11:16 AM

Would this property be in Cville by chance??? I have seen those yellow stickers before.
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 23, 2007, 11:21 AM

You can park your car at my place. You wont have to worry about getting towed because the property DOESNT HAVE A CONTRACT!!!! How did I find this out? I had just moved in and came out one saturday morning to go for a ride and some dumb b*tch parked her truck in front of my bike! And yes, the bed was sticking about 4 feet out of the space into the lot. WTF!? I sat out there for 30 mins asking everyone who walked by if they knew whose truck it was. Nobody knew. After about an hour I got pissed and just started rocking the shit out of the truck trying to set the alarm off so someone would come out. That didnt work so I went inside and started sifting through my property management paperwork. I found a number to Dominion towing to have this bitch yanked out of there and they said that they dont have a contract for the property. WTF!? again. They said they used to have a contract on the property before they changed management companies and started converting the units to condos. Great. So now Im calling every tow company in the county, but nobody would come out because they didnt have a contract. Hell I even called FFX non-emergency to see if they would send someone out and even THEY wouldnt come. Unless the vehicle was posing a threat/hazard nobody can tow off of private property. Of course the management office isnt open until monday so now im stuck. I went outside about every 20 mins for the rest of the day and into Sunday hoping to run into this lady. Finally at about 5pm the following day she decides to move and I finally get my bike back. Ive since had a few words with her. But yeah, when I talked to the property manager that monday, she told that they just havent gotten around to signing a contract with anyone. That was a year ago and they STILL dont have a contract.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#15)
What's today? aah fuck it

July 23, 2007, 11:24 AM

get em johnny! make em pay! ...and when u pick up ur car, do a walk through and make sure they didn't ding or scratch anything.