DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 413
1 members and 412 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
F*cking Thieves!!!
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

F*cking Thieves!!! - May 5, 2008, 07:48 PM

No, not my bike, but I'm still pissed. So I had some parts on order and according to UPS records the package arrived at my front door on April 30th. I have yet to see anything. I live in a condo community and usually have everything delivered to my folks place to avoid this shit since they have a single family home on private property. I called UPS and they told me to call the shipper and have them put a trace on the package, but what good is that going to do? UPS records show it was delivered. Id like to get ahold of their thieving hands with a razor blade, a pair of pliers and a ball-peen hammer. They would have a bitch of a time taking shit with broken bones and no finger nails.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

May 5, 2008, 08:11 PM

Sorry to hear about this, Justin. The real kick in the crotch is that chances are, the stuff is of absolutely no use to them anyway. Sons of bitches!

See if your credit card company insures against loss or theft during delivery. I've never tried so I don't know if that sort of thing is covered.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 5, 2008, 08:13 PM

Did you check with UPS to see if anyone signed for it? Or check with your neighbors to see if they saw it?

Seems odd that someone would want a random set of motorcycle parts.
Unread
  (#4)

May 5, 2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks John. I ordered everything on my debit card, but I'll check with the bank.

Schrute - UPS said they just left it at the front door. Right now one of my neighbors has a New Balance box at their door and another one has a USPS box and a big Fitness Plus box at their door. Like John said, they probably have no use for the parts, but saw a box, had an opportunity, and hoped for the best thinking it might be something cool/useful.

Well, at least it wasnt anything too expensive.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Last edited by JTG40cal; May 5, 2008 at 08:22 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
Go Team Venture!!!

May 5, 2008, 08:22 PM

I think you can file a complaint with UPS that you never recived your package and get your money back. Call UPS back and tell them your package was never delivered.

Edit

Go here for more info

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...t_process.html

Lost Packages
If a package is not delivered, UPS can help by performing a search to locate your package. If the package cannot be found, the shipper can file a claim up to the declared value of the package contents.

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one

Last edited by Jedi; May 5, 2008 at 08:28 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

May 5, 2008, 08:23 PM

Keep an eye out around the building, especially off in the shrubs. Maybe the loser will try to ditch the merch after the light bulb goes off that it's not widely useful or easy to move.

I have a love-hate relationship with "leave by the door." On the one hand, it's extremely convenient. On the other, well... The sad thing is, if you catch some dweeb facking with your USPS mail or mail box, you can hurt him good. Everything else carries such a small penalty that thieves have virtually no deterrent.

Do you by chance have any sort of front desk or building security that might have ended up with it?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
Have Bikes - Will Travel

May 5, 2008, 08:26 PM

I live in a condo complex and UPS has delivered my packages to my neighbors in the past. Have you spoken to your neighbors?

-Hugh

Ill believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
http://www.twowheelsgood.net
Unread
  (#8)

May 5, 2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughtwg
I live in a condo complex and UPS has delivered my packages to my neighbors in the past. Have you spoken to your neighbors?

-Hugh
No, not yet. Just found out and its kinda late to be knocking on their doors. I figure that considering it was delivered on the 30th, if someone around me had it and wanted to return it, I would have had a knock at my door or at least a note by now. I put a note up on the bulletin board by the mailboxes though. Ill still check around tomorrow to see if anyone has seen it though.

Unread
  (#9)
facebook what is that?

May 5, 2008, 08:41 PM

That really sucks Justin.. Sorry to hear about your missing/stolen package... Btw the UPS/shipper might just give you the run around if you report it since to them it was delivered to your door step.

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#10)

May 5, 2008, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the link and the info Jedi.

Good thinking John.

Carlo - thats what I was thinking. I doubt the shipper will want to go through the hassle/headache of filing a claim and then dealing with UPS to get a refund. I call them tomorrow and see what they say though. Like I said, it wasnt very expensive, but the principal of the matter is what sucks. What if it HAD been that $600 exhaust or new plastics?

Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

May 5, 2008, 08:53 PM

i have had that happen to me, did you have insurance on the item? when it happened to me i got a replacement in 2 weeks. as far as i am concerned ups is responsible for the package untill it is in my hands, if they leave it at my front door then no that is not delivered.

also my old appt. complex would hold packages in the office. get them to send them there.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

May 5, 2008, 09:33 PM

Bro, they say delivered all the time and the guy will drop it off in the AM. I hope for ya!! If the thieves got your box they'd get the others in the 'hood too. My thinking, why steal 1 when you can steal 3 Hahahha.

No, same thing happened to my 22" rims for my X5. Said delivered on a Friday. Nada, called UPS and they said delivered too. Went down to the UPS yard and supervisor (AND ME) found them on the truck Hmmmmmm, guy marked as delivered and skipped for a BBQ. He told me when they made him drop off on a Sunday, gave him a beer at the house too as I was havn a BBG too, and I could relate to skippn out of work. I was just happy to get my sht!! <--Funny thing is guy stayed for 1hr got lit for sure (5-6 beers and even helped me put them on my truck

I bet it shows up tomorrow or they dropped off at a place next to yours.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#13)

May 5, 2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowngt
Bro, they say delivered all the time and the guy will drop it off in the AM. I hope for ya!! If the thieves got your box they'd get the others in the 'hood too. My thinking, why steal 1 when you can steal 3 Hahahha.

No, same thing happened to my 22" rims for my X5. Said delivered on a Friday. Nada, called UPS and they said delivered too. Went down to the UPS yard and supervisor (AND ME) found them on the truck Hmmmmmm, guy marked as delivered and skipped for a BBQ. He told me when they made him drop off on a Sunday, gave him a beer at the house too as I was havn a BBG too, and I could relate to skippn out of work. I was just happy to get my sht!! <--Funny thing is guy stayed for 1hr got lit for sure (5-6 beers and even helped me put them on my truck

I bet it shows up tomorrow or they dropped off at a place next to yours.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Thanks man. Ill let you know. Fack I would pissed right now if they were wheels I had ordered!

Unread
  (#14)
Playing with toys

May 5, 2008, 11:29 PM

FYI:
If it was sent from a business, then it's insured for $100 automatically. If your lose is in that dollar range, then a claim is the way to go. 99% of the time they will approve it as long as it doesn't exceed that dollar amount simply because it doesn't require an investigation.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#15)
Fair Weather Rider

May 5, 2008, 11:37 PM

JT, start looking and browsing classifieds like CL, maybe they will be dumb enough to post it all together there.