DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
3 members and 557 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

October 7, 2004, 08:43 AM

Yeah, you can pretty much guess what happened. I'm driving home from work last night around 12:30am, and I had just turned onto Prince William Parkway from Liberia when Bambi struck. I was doing about 60mph and there are absolutley no street lights in this are and I was the only car on the road. I swear all I saw was the deer about 2 feet off my left fender and by then it was too late.

My first initial thought was, "I just hit a mutherfookin deer!?!?!" I had just gotten off the phone about an hour ago with a good friend of mine from California who I haven't spoken to in about 5 months. He had told me how he hit a deer, and now I couldn't believe I had just done the same. Also, in 3 more days it will be an exact year since my car was stolen and stripped. I hate October.

-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I walked in on Steve while he was in the bathroom once, it was glorious...
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
2002 Sportster 883 (for her)
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 (second one) - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DAYUIZ Send a message via AIM to DAYUIZ  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 7, 2004, 08:50 AM

Sorry man!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

October 7, 2004, 08:51 AM

That sucks Steve. Is your car totaled?

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#4)
MSF Student

October 7, 2004, 08:52 AM

Damn man!! At least you weren't on your bike kid!! That wouldn't have been pretty..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to QuiQNeZZ  
Unread
  (#5)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

October 7, 2004, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
That sucks Steve. Is your car totaled?
I doubt it. My car has been through hell and back and it took this in stride. The radiator wasn't punctured believe it or not and I drove it home. I got pulled over twice since my only working headlight was pointed about 2 feet in front of me, but the cops understood my pain and let me go.

I'm gonna go strip it down today, if I can replace the radiator support, I think I can repair the rest myself.

-Steve

Quote:
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DAYUIZ Send a message via AIM to DAYUIZ  
Unread
  (#6)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 7, 2004, 09:01 AM

Damn bro - sorry to hear that... I'm no mechanic, but if you need any help, don't hesitate to call, I can come over and hold the tools or something.

Your post wins by the way.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#7)
Knee Draggin!

October 7, 2004, 09:02 AM

Damn Steve..sorry to hear about your incident, but glad you are no worse for the wear. It never ceases to amaze me how much Van Damage those things do!

I know I wasn't doing 205 your honor, because my bike topped out at 145 last week......" *pauses* "I need NAWS."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onenamlynn Send a message via AIM to onenamlynn  
Unread
  (#8)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 7, 2004, 10:18 AM

Daaaayum, that sucks Steve. Let me know if you need help. Like DT said, I don't know jack about fixing cars but I can grab you two a sammich from the store while you fix ur ride and he hold the tools.

BTW, if you can't fix some of it by yourself, let me know and I can hook you up with a body shop that did my car a while back when some lady hit me....they were good to me, and my wallet.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

October 7, 2004, 10:58 AM

Thanks Amer, I'll let you know. I did some surgery this morning and took off all the damaged parts. The worst damage is the radiator support. Its welded in so I can't just unbolt it and replace it like I had hoped. I've got a nice fat rope, and tonight I'm going around the corner and tieing the car up to a tree and see if I can't straighten out the front some more.

I'll need a new radiator and new fans. Both fans are destroyed and the radiator didn't make it, nice hole in the bottom. Luckily both front fenders are fine, the drivers side fender is unscratched and the passenger fender has a minor dent I can live with. I'll need to replace the hood (actually looks like a cheep Carbon Fiber hood will the be the cheapest route, otherwise I have to paint another hood), and headlights can be had cheap too. In fact I used to have some Japanese headlights before they were stolen, and now those are really cheap since the aftermarket community finally started making aftermarket headlights for my car.

Yes this sucks, but it looks like I'll be able to fix it for under $400.

-Steve

Quote:
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
Unread
  (#10)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 7, 2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYUIZ
Thanks Amer, I'll let you know. I did some surgery this morning and took off all the damaged parts. The worst damage is the radiator support. Its welded in so I can't just unbolt it and replace it like I had hoped. I've got a nice fat rope, and tonight I'm going around the corner and tieing the car up to a tree and see if I can't straighten out the front some more.

I'll need a new radiator and new fans. Both fans are destroyed and the radiator didn't make it, nice hole in the bottom. Luckily both front fenders are fine, the drivers side fender is unscratched and the passenger fender has a minor dent I can live with. I'll need to replace the hood (actually looks like a cheep Carbon Fiber hood will the be the cheapest route, otherwise I have to paint another hood), and headlights can be had cheap too. In fact I used to have some Japanese headlights before they were stolen, and now those are really cheap since the aftermarket community finally started making aftermarket headlights for my car.

Yes this sucks, but it looks like I'll be able to fix it for under $400.

Guess no new suit for you??

04 600RR - SOLD

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#11)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 7, 2004, 11:26 AM

When's the venison bar-b-q by the way???

04 600RR - SOLD

Unread
  (#12)
Site Admin

October 7, 2004, 11:33 AM

daaaang.

atleast u ok!
Unread
  (#13)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

October 7, 2004, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT

Guess no new suit for you??
Yeah, I thought about that too. Guess that decision was made for me. Thanks Bambi.

-Steve

Quote:
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold
Unread
  (#14)
Ballaugh Bridge

October 7, 2004, 03:56 PM

Better than being this guy.

http://www.croqaudile.com/index.php?page=clips&id=4908

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#15)
Zombie apocalypse yet?

October 7, 2004, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
Wow, that does suck.

Somewhere on the internet is a video a deer hitting a bike from the right hand side. The camera is mounted on the right fairing, there's another biker in the front an the deer just pops up out of no where. Then there's still photo's of the deer and the bike. Thats just how it went down with me. Deer just shows up on the outter left of my headlights, actually looks at me with an "Oh fvck" look in his eyes, then bam. Done.

-Steve

-Steve

Quote:
2015 Grom
2013 Hayabusa
2006 VTX 1300
1998 TL1000R - Sold
1991 GSXR750 - Sold