DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
5 members and 554 guests
beatle, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
F U Sprint! We Win!
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

F U Sprint! We Win! - February 14, 2009, 03:22 PM

AT&T here we come!

As of January 2009, Sprint/Nextel raised their Administrative and Regulatory charges. Unfortunately for them, this falls under the material adverse effect on services agreement clause in their contracts. This section states:

"Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes, and may provide you notice of non-material changes, in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment."

I called and at first they tried to play dumb. Then I kept pressing them and they transferred me to their finance dept. Finance tried to tell me that in the contract it says I have to call within 30 days of the effective date of change and since it went into effect in January, I missed my window. I told them that it says date of EFFECTIVE change and since my billing cycle runs from the 26th of each month, I am still within my 30 days. I dont think she was expecting that because the tone in her voice changed to that of, "OK, you got me." Anyways, I just got out of my two year contract and Sharon just got out of two of hers! That's $600 of early termination fees that Sprint can suck!

If you are as fed up with Sprint service I as we were and your billing cycle doesnt end until some time between now and the end of February, call Sprint and tell them that you want out. Dont let them tell you no. Here is a great page with more info:

http://www.ucan.org/telecommunicatio...ermination_fee
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

February 14, 2009, 03:32 PM

AWESOME!!!!! I love it when you get to stick it to the man. Congrats....Now if i could only get out of my verizon contract

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

February 14, 2009, 04:20 PM

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1899978

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

February 14, 2009, 04:25 PM

Ditched Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile a long time ago. AT&T is the lesser evil of the big phone companies AND you can now get the IPHONE

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)

February 14, 2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
Hahaha!

"Oh, look at me. I have a touch screen...Yeah? Well I got somethin you can touch!"
Unread
  (#6)
Loves Sporking

February 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Nicely done, Justin.
Funny vid too... No beepers!

Johnny V.
CCS & ASRA #67

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2004 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
2004 Aprilia 1000 Mille R (street)
2001 Aprilia 1000 Falco (street)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R600 (racing)
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E (street and racing)
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
(street)
Unread
  (#7)
someone adopt a newb

February 14, 2009, 04:51 PM

Nice.....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#8)
I am a bitch, so what?

February 14, 2009, 10:19 PM

fuck AT&T

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#9)

February 14, 2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSheDevil View Post
fuck AT&T
Damnit! Why?
Unread
  (#10)
I am a bitch, so what?

February 14, 2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Damnit! Why?
let's just say fewer dropped calls my ass.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#11)

February 15, 2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
let's just say fewer dropped calls my ass.
Hmmmm...well, at this point Im willing to roll the dice. I cant even use my cell phone on my couch and I have an easy out. If I miss this opportunity, I will be stuck for another two years. I figure it cant get any worse.
Unread
  (#12)
aka Myke Hawke

February 15, 2009, 04:15 AM

I switch'd from sprint(of 6years) to At&t and love it(my iphone that is, except picture mail & copy & paste, WTF)

One time I cracked the screen I had on my 1st cell(had it for over 2 years mind you), well luckly for me I choose to pay the additional insurance fee(for over 2 years) to get the phone replaced. It turns out that they don't have the same one I had anymore, so they gave me a phone that they "claimed" was very similar and also in value. I got the "new" phone and was furious, my phone was a flip phone, so was this but mine had a display for the caller ID. This F'N POS had no display & was bigger in every way, wtf is the point of having the flip style if everytime you have a call you have to open it to see who it is. Also when I tried to use it to talk on it did not fully open and felt extremely awkward to use, so I call sprint to complain and they told me I was SOL because that insurance is thru outside private company. Lets just say for the sake of needing a phone it was the only reason it wasn't smashed on the ground at that second. So I wound up having to renew my contract so I could upgrade to one of the cool new color screen phones

but this is great I need to get my wife out of her contract

Big dreams, Small pockets
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PSM-04-STi Send a message via Skype™ to PSM-04-STi 
Unread
  (#13)
Still here

February 15, 2009, 07:35 AM

I've only had some billing issues with AT&T, no call dropping issues, but if you go into the store (or I imagine call them on your phone) you can normally get them to drop the bill by substantial amounts. The only pain is the shock of opening a huge bill and then having to waste the time getting it fixed.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#14)
Brainwash Your Face!

February 15, 2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
fuck AT&T

Viki, it's got be where you live/work babe. Nancy's iphone doesn't work well up that way either.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

February 15, 2009, 08:28 AM

You have 30 days to try out AT&T. You don't like the service you can go elsewhere. I've had them since 96 or 97. Only issue I had was when they were on the old network (TDMA I think) and had changed to GSM. Worked fine after I was able to get a new phone.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050