DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
4 members and 552 guests
GRN96WS6, HotRod1200, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Facebook changes ‘annoying’; Google+ becomes ‘worldwide party’ public to all
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Post Facebook changes ‘annoying’; Google+ becomes ‘worldwide party’ public to all - September 21, 2011, 06:36 PM

I hATE NEW FB !!!

Facebook changes ‘annoying’; Google+ becomes ‘worldwide party’ public to all - BlogPost - The Washington Post

Facebook changes ‘annoying’; Google+ becomes ‘worldwide party’ public to all

By Elizabeth Flock
As Facebook made changes to its Web site leading up to what could be a major redesign announcement, Google’s social network competitor Google+ became public to all.

A cartoon by Salvadorian student Luchoedo shows Google calling Facebook a “chismoso,” or “gossip,” and Facebook calling Google a “sabe lotodo,” or “know-it-all.” The fight between their social networks for dominance just got a little bit bigger. (Image via Flickr user Luchoedo ) Facebook’s revamped news feeds that highlighted more “important” stories got — like many of Facebook’s prior revamps — a cold reception from users. Some readers even suggested ways to revert back to the old Facebook design, such as setting the account language to English (U.K.).
Meanwhile Google+, which rolled out tons of new and improved features when it went public Tuesday, got a rousing vote of approval for the first time. “If you hate Facebook's new update, try out Google+!,” technology blogger Ashley Esqueda wrote on Twitter.

Social network users brought out all sorts of comparisons Wednesday to make sense of the new changes on Facebook and Google+.
Blake Hounshell, managing editor of Foreign Policy magazine, compared the new Facebook to the Windows operating system, because in its new design Facebook is “always asking you to update stuff, verify stuff... behaves in strange ways. Super annoying,” he wrote on Twitter. Sixty people retweeted Hounshell’s comment.

About the new Google+, Swedish technology entrepreneur Anton Perlkvist, wrote that it was no longer “like a house party without alcohol [where] everyone is just standing around waiting,” a comparison he had made just 32 days ago.

“Update: it's improving. A lot. Things are happening. NOW,” Perlkvist wrote on Google+ Wednesday.
Could this be a turning point in the battle for dominance between Facebook and Google?
Facebook, at 750 million users, is the world's No.1 social networking service. Google won’t say how many people have signed up for Google+, but analysts estimated upward of 25 million users. That was before it went totally public today.

Google+ hasn’t lost all its critics, including College Humor, who roasted the social network Wednesday by releasing a video that called it “the antisocial network.”

But PC World points out that Google+ has got the advantage over Facebook in one category — it encourages people to have more followers.
Be prepared, Perlkvist says, continuing the metaphor, for Google+ to become a “worldwide ... interesting party.”

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

September 22, 2011, 01:25 AM

i hate new fb too von, it's cool bro

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#3)
Winnar!!

September 22, 2011, 03:38 AM

so wait... does that mean, that if I join google+, I get to recycle the hoochies I tapped on FB??

*for the record, I don't have FB. I hunt the old school way....

Amigo del pussy wah wah!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

September 22, 2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscerningI View Post
so wait... does that mean, that if I join google+, I get to recycle the hoochies I tapped on FB??

bars and stripclubs?

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#5)
Site Owner

September 22, 2011, 07:30 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg photo.jpeg (15.6 KB, 103 views)

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#6)
opossum puncher

September 22, 2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
^^^ Seriously Rob, no more messing with .net. Else wise I will be forced to continue to log on and complain until everyone has me blocked.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#7)
Derpetologist

September 22, 2011, 07:50 AM

Gotta wonder if Google was just waiting for a Facebook update rage moment to capitalize on. If so, well played.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#8)
Elite Racing

September 22, 2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Get the fuck outta here with your logic.

This is for complainers, bitchers and racists.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#9)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 22, 2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Myspace?

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#10)
Good Intentions

September 22, 2011, 11:43 AM

'99 Honda CBR1100 xx - sold
2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - sold.
2008 Yamaha FZ1 -sold
2012 Harley Davidson VROD Muscle-sold
2012 Ducati Diavel Dark I ride to work.

Last edited by RideUniverse; August 8, 2013 at 09:59 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
Derpetologist

September 22, 2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscerningI

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#12)
SUPERBITCHIN'

September 22, 2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideUniverse View Post
so throw away your macbook and get a normal mac and all will be well?

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

September 22, 2011, 12:04 PM

wtf is so hard to understand? all the computer idiots always go apeshit when a button moves 3 inches to the right

christ people, they design it to be the easiest to use system in the world

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#14)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

September 22, 2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Hahaha who pays for service on the web anymore?

Facebook’s latest round of financing from Goldman Sachs at a $50 billion valuation, which is about the same valuation its shares are trading on SecondMarket, clearly puts it in the pantheon of the most valuable Internet companies. At $50 billion, Facebook is now worth more than Yahoo (which has a $22 billion market cap) and eBay ($37 billion), and almost worth more than both of them combined—and that is before it has even gone public. On the valuation scale of publicly traded Internet companies, however, it is still smaller than Amazon ($83 billion) and Google ($193 billion).
Facebook passed Yahoo in implied valuation last summer. And that feels about right. But is Facebook actually worth $50 billion? Its revenues for 2010 are rumored to be around $2 billion, which gives it a multiple of 25 times revenues. Google, in contrast, is trading at about 9 times estimated 2010 revenues. Of course, Facebook is growing much faster. And what really matters is profits. Facebook is believed to be profitable, but nobody really knows how profitable and there is still a sense that it hasn’t quite perfected its monetization model for social ads.
If anything, Facebook’s desire to push of an IPO as long as possible buys it more time to figure out its business model. Right now, it is just raking in cash based on the fact that 1 in 4 pageviews in the U.S. are on Facebook. It is a volume game, not a quality ad targeting game (yet).
And look at Groupon, which is now valued at about $5 billion with probably half the revenues of Facebook and extremely healthy margins. They are very different businesses with different longterm prospects, but why is one worth ten times more than the other? Something is out of whack. Maybe both are overvalued.
Remember also that private valuations are based on what a handful of wealthy investors are willing to pay—in this case Goldman Sachs, which has other motives as well. By plowing in money now, it moves to the front of the line to manage an eventual IPO. And it has the option to sell a portion of its stake to DST, as well as to sell $1.5 billion worth of shares to Goldman clients through a “special purpose vehicle” designed to skirt the SEC’s 500-shareholder rule, which is when public-level financial disclosure requirements normally kick in.
At $50 billion, though, Facebook is going to have to come out with the biggest IPO in history to justify the current frenzy of private investment. Google’s initial market cap was only half that amount.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#15)
The last urrbendah

September 22, 2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I hunt the old school way....
So do I. Bitches never expect to get clubbed. Club turns "get away from me" into "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.

Tags
hate new fb