DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
4 members and 539 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Heist, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fack!!!! I got more than I deserved
Unread
  (#1)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

Fack!!!! I got more than I deserved - September 4, 2011, 05:43 PM

So I was going to the golf course in the cage this morning at around 0600. I got off 95 at exit 110 (Virginia bazzar exit for those who know).

I get to the top of the exit ramp, proceed to make a left and start heading down the road. I get about 1/10th of a mile and I see a car coming up quickly behind me.

The car stays on my ass for a while and me not wanting to be an asshole and slow them down, I speed up. (this is a two lane road with no shoulder and no where to turn off).

As soon as I start getting some speeed, the flashing lights come on. I got pulled over when there was an actual place to pull off.

The officer comes up to the window, and tells me that I california rolled the stop sign. I probably did so I deserve that ticket. Then he proceeds to tell me that in the state of Virginia anything 20 MPH over the posted speed limit is reckless driving (yes, I know this, but the only reason I was going that fast was because he was on my ass!). I didn't say anything and he asks me for all of my paperwork. I hand it to him and he comes back with TWO tickets!

Yes, I deserve two tickets because I did the crime, but not A damn RECKLESS!!!!!!! Now I have to go to court on the 5th of October.

How long do reckless tickets stay on the license?

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS Recruiter

September 4, 2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timultuous View Post
How long do reckless tickets stay on the license?
11 Years. See here Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Get a lawyer when you go to court. Hopefully he can get it knocked down to speeding if your record is decent.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

September 4, 2011, 06:07 PM

You didn't notice the car behind you riding your bumper was an unmarked?
The tell-tale lights under the visor and in the grill are usually a dead tell.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

September 4, 2011, 06:11 PM

Who the f*ck cares if the person behind you thinks you're slowing them down.

And 20+ over? Seriously.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#5)

September 4, 2011, 06:13 PM

At that time of morning on a backwoods deserted road no street lights. Kinda dark. Can't see anything but headlights.

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#6)

September 4, 2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Who the f*ck cares if the person behind you thinks you're slowing them down.

And 20+ over? Seriously.
Like i said. I deserve a speeding ticket because I was already doing 10 over. I'm not denying that. I just got the extra gift that he so duly helped me get. Yeah I could have break checked him too, but I'm sure I would have wound up with a plethora of tickets with that option! lol

tfinch

Unread
  (#7)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

September 4, 2011, 06:16 PM

Or you could have maintained your speed or even dropped it to the limit so the car behind you would have had to break the law to go around you

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#8)

September 4, 2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
Or you could have maintained your speed or even dropped it to the limit so the car behind you would have had to break the law to go around you

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
True, but that's water under the bridge. I'm in damage control/mitigation mode now.

tfinch

Unread
  (#9)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

September 4, 2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timultuous

True, but that's water under the bridge. I'm in damage control/mitigation mode now.
Yea I realize, you just made it sound like your options were limited to going faster or brake checking. Definitely get a lawyer, get it down to speeding, and learn your headlights for situations like this in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#10)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

September 4, 2011, 06:23 PM

Good luck. If you have a good record you might be able to get it lowered to speeding but when the judge sees both charges you're likely to eat them both.

The best thing to do would be to get a good lawyer and hope he finds something to work with.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#11)
No more 1050 :(

September 4, 2011, 06:32 PM

Lawyering up is a good idea. I've gotten a couple reckless tickets in VA before (last one was in 05). They can suspend your license/ lock you up for that shit. Both happened to me, but my scenario was different than yours- I probably deserved it. In your case sounds like the cop was just being a dick. Good luck.
Unread
  (#12)

September 4, 2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
Lawyering up is a good idea. I've gotten a couple reckless tickets in VA before (last one was in 05). They can suspend your license/ lock you up for that shit. Both happened to me, but my scenario was different than yours- I probably deserved it. In your case sounds like the cop was just being a dick. Good luck.

I have a speeding ticket in 07 that is showing up. I will probably do the Lawyer thing. Hopefully they can get it reduced.

tfinch

Unread
  (#13)
2 wheels for life

September 4, 2011, 07:10 PM

FTP

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)

September 4, 2011, 07:13 PM

Nah I can't say FTP because I was in the wrong to begin with. He was just using his discretion as to what I did. Did I actually do everything he said I did? Probably so I have to suck it up for my own actions. Not I have to attempt to mitigate the green weenie that I'm about to get. How much do lawyers typically charge for this crap?

tfinch

Unread
  (#15)
Derpetologist

September 4, 2011, 07:15 PM

yeah lawyer up. depending on your record it could get reduced. if anything it shows the judge that you care. Don't speed up for anybody except perhaps if I can't get out of the way of an ambulance or firetruck for some reason! If someone really wants to go 15-20+ over the speed limit, then crossing the double yellow to pass you is no problem. just one more law

*Not intended to be a factual statement.