DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 635
4 members and 631 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man, t84a, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Fast & Furious 7: 2014
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Fast & Furious 7: 2014 - June 21, 2013, 02:58 PM

Last month’s release Fast & Furious 6 has already become the highest-grossing installment in the vehicular crime-thriller franchise – with a global box office take of $640 million (and counting) – and it boasts the biggest set pieces of any Fast & Furious movie to date, including the climactic battle between fast cars and a cargo airplane (zooming down the longest runaway ever built, apparently). So, the question is: how does one even attempt to top that, in Fast & Furious 7?

That’s the challenge that James Wan is facing, since he’s assuming the directorial responsibilities from Justin Lin (who put together the previous four Fast & Furious movies). No surprise, with a Summer 2014 release date hanging over his head, Wan is focusing his efforts on mapping out the physics-defying vehicle stunts and sequences for this (possibly final) lap around the figurative race track.

Here’s the status update on Fast & Furious 7, from Wan’s interview with EW:

“I’m in the pre-production stage right now. I’m in the process of designing my action sequences, working on ideas, and fleshing out things that we want to do with the characters. That’s been really fun.”

Wan is a talented filmmaker who comes from a horror genre background, which makes him a left-field choice to tackle Fast & Furious 7. He’s not exactly someone who’s at home making big-budget fare either – his last movie, Insidious, cost $1.5 million to produce – but Wan is energetic and focused, as evidenced by the fact that he’ll release the inspired by real-events ghost story The Conjuring and then the sequel Insidious: Chapter 2 just a couple months apart this year. Moreover, Universal heads have suggest that Wan has an inspired vision for the seventh Fast & Furious installment, and Lin has likewise given his blessing of approval.

Of course, the Fast & Furious 7 story was designed long before Wan came aboard to direct. In fact, eighteen months have passed since actor Vin Diesel – who plays Dominic Toretto in the franchise – first indicated that F&F7 has already begun early development. Wan confessed to EW that he very much feels like the unexpected arrival, who just stumbled onto a party that was already well under-way:

“Okay, this is how I’ve been describing it: It is like being invited to a Thanksgiving dinner and the whole family’s at the dinner [table], already carving the turkey. And I walk in through the door and everyone stops and looks at me. And I’m standing there awkwardly going, ‘Hi! I’m here! Oh, that’s my seat? Okay, I’ll come and join the table.’

“The other analogy that I use is that it’s like coming in and playing another person’s saved game. I know the characters, I know the stories, but now it’s up to me to pick it up from where it was left off and take it in a different direction — but a direction that has kind of been laid out, if that makes sense.”

Fast & Furious 7 is still zooming along at a reckless pace (more car puns!), but – much like Wan insinuated – the project isn’t starting from scratch, so much as the cast and producers are waiting on the new director to get settled in mid-flight. So long as everyone involved remembers the key ingredients – which have allowed this franchise to continue thriving creatively and entertaining audiences - then, Fast & Furious 7 should turn out decent (at the least).

[WARNING! FAST & FURIOUS 6 SPOILERS BELOW!]

Lastly, as for whether or not Jason Statham will return as the vengeful antagonist – the (presumed) brother to the recently-deceased Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) – who was introduced in the Fast & Furious 6 mid-credits sequence, Wan simply said:

“Um…Yes.”

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

June 21, 2013, 02:58 PM

[WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD FOR 'FAST & FURIOUS 6.']
There are plenty of reasons people love Fast & Furious, and one of the biggest is the franchise’s non-stop, over-the-top action. That’s why Jason Statham’s surprise cameo at the end of Fast & Furious 6 sent audiences into a such a frenzy.

Who better to butt heads with Dom Toretto and the gang than Statham, one of the greatest action stars of our generation? And it’s not just fans that are excited. In a recent interview, Statham himself talked about the reaction to his character’s introduction and how excited he is to join the blockbuster series for Fast & Furious 7.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Statham called the action scenes “mind-blowing” and heaping praise on his co-workers.

“There’s nothin’ better than that car stuff. I’ve never seen anything to compare to it. And Vin [Diesel] is terrific. Everybody in it is just terrific. They’re a great little crew. I know Tyrese. I know Paul Walker. I’ve met all of them, and they’re all really cool. I’m really excited to be involved with it… I’m just not gonna tell ya what I’m gonna do.”

Statham expressed equal enthusiasm about working with new director James Wan, who is currently planning those amazing action sequences.

In a separate interview with Coming Soon, Statham said he couldn’t wait to meet with the director.

“I just wrapped a movie over in Vegas, so I haven’t had a chance to sit with James. We’ve had a couple phone calls, I’m dying to sit down with him and we’re gonna figure something out. I’m really excited to be a part of that franchise.”

While Statham was open with his excitement, he was scant on actual details about his character. Though we know that he’s likely playing the brother of Luke Evans’ character Owen Shaw, Statham didn’t confirm or deny his role. In fact, he shared his distaste for any and all spoilers about the movie.

“Obviously, we’re trying to work out now what angle to come from. Some people say, ‘Wait, are you gonna be the villain? The guy who threatens the world and wants to blow everything up?’ No. ‘What kind of an antagonist are you gonna be?’ I’m not gonna say what I’m gonna be. The spoilers are the worst…I’m gonna try and keep my mouth shut and not say what I’m gonna be doing.”

That being said, I’m sure that we’ll get plenty of information about Statham’s role over the coming months whether he shares it or not.

The real question is: How long can this franchise keep going? The movies only seem to be gaining in popularity with each new installment, and are continuing to add bigger stars with each new outing. Will we see Fast & Furious 8, 9, and 10? Let us know what you think in the comments.

_____

Fast & Furious 7 hits theaters July 11th, 2014.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
Traction Control

June 21, 2013, 03:04 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Who's watching these god damn movies?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

June 21, 2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
Are you fucking kidding me? Who's watching these god damn movies?

haha..just admit to getting old my friend..happens to all of us..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Traction Control

June 21, 2013, 03:31 PM

I must be a dinosaur

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

June 21, 2013, 03:35 PM

Come on... Gratuitous cars and sex. What's not to like?

'02 SV-650S track bike (for sale, but in Shreveport, LA)
'05 Yamaha TTR-125L
'94 Dodge Viper RT/10
other boring stuff
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mangle  
Unread
  (#7)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
June 21, 2013, 03:46 PM

Gotta admit.....I have seen every one of them (except the latest....gonna see it soon though) and they have actually gotten better and better.

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#8)
Traction Control

June 21, 2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdgrphcs View Post
Gotta admit.....I have seen every one of them (except the latest....gonna see it soon though) and they have actually gotten better and better.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

July 15, 2014, 01:46 PM

Fast and Furious 7 Wraps Production :: First Pictures of the Walker Brothers Who Will Fill-In For Paul

We made it.

Today we completed the last shot in the production of FAST & FURIOUS 7.

We wanted to take this moment to express how thankful we are for your support. We felt the love and strength from our fans throughout this journey, and it’s because of you that we got here.

There was a time when we didn’t know how we could go on, or even if we should. But we listened to you, and you inspired us not only to keep going but to try and make the best FAST & FURIOUS movie yet.

Our FAST family has been together for almost fifteen years now and has grown a lot in that time. From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what’s right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day.

Some of us have been here from the very beginning. Vin, Michelle, Jordana and our producer Neal all go back to that first little movie we shot on the streets of LA. We came back to LA in FAST 7, and it was an especially emotional homecoming for those who’ve grown up with each other since that first shoot.

There are those we count as brothers who we gathered along the way and are with us again: Dwayne, Tyrese, Luda, Lucas and our writer, Chris. We’ve got some new additions this time in Jason, Kurt, Djimon, Nathalie and our director, James. Caleb and Cody joined us to honor their brother and help complete his work.

Our family is big and strong but it won’t ever quite be whole again without Paul.

All of us -- those who’ve been here from the start and those whose first FAST film is 7 -- wanted to create a special film for him and for you. We believe we have.

Thank you for being there for us. You are the biggest part of our family, and we couldn’t have gotten here without you.

The countdown to April 3 begins.

With love,

Your FAST & FURIOUS Family

and Lesbi ... I mean Lettie is back.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Mojito Anyone?

July 15, 2014, 02:14 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

July 15, 2014, 02:21 PM

lettie was seen making out with Zach Efron..so back to bi....

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#12)
I use my turn signal

July 16, 2014, 11:29 AM

I cannot wait. I loved these movies. The first one came out when I was very young and began to get into cars.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

November 1, 2014, 05:31 PM

Furious 7 - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#14)
Commute racer

November 2, 2014, 08:50 PM

So...do they kill off the character, or do what they did for Brandon Lee?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

November 2, 2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoore View Post
So...do they kill off the character, or do what they did for Brandon Lee?
Character dies.
They hired his brothers, who both eerily resemble him, to do the stand-in and double work for the final scenes and will use CG to recreate his head.

For instance, the final shot in the trailer looks like it has some CG artifacts in it.