DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
0 members and 548 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 25, 2012, 04:36 PM

Awesome! So, for years I have had pain in my right hip. If I am sitting in a car for more than two hours, I can barely walk when I get out. Well, recently it has been getting progressively worse. Like even 30 mins in a car, just sitting at my desk, waking me up while sleeping, just general soreness, etc. I have good days and bad days. I finally made an appointment with Commonwealth Orthopedics and had my X-rays today. Doc says I have a calcium deposit, a labral tear, and FAI. Also, I have some cartilage depletion above the femoral head. Looks like I am well on my way to a hip replacement in the next 15 - 20 years. Best case I guess would just be living with an arthritic hip. Anyways, now I have to go in for a arthroscopy MRI. For this, they will inject dye with a heavy gauge needle clear down into my hip joint. Fuck me.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?

Last edited by JTG40cal; June 25, 2012 at 05:12 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#swag

June 25, 2012, 04:45 PM

That sounds about as much fun as this damn tooth! Sorry to hear man..

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#3)
Typical Stripper

June 25, 2012, 05:29 PM

Ouch dood.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
fo shizzle

June 25, 2012, 05:52 PM

Which doc at Commonwealth? A few of their docs are...questionable but Dr Petrone FTW.

Good luck
Unread
  (#5)

June 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vegan
Which doc at Commonwealth? A few of their docs are...questionable but Dr Petrone FTW.

Good luck
Dr. Martinelli. He was recommended by a woman in my office who recently had a hip replacement. He isn't the one doing the MRI though. Have to go somewhere else for that.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

June 25, 2012, 06:12 PM

Talk to Ang dude, she does PT for tons of hip replacements (though its with geriatrics). She can definitely recommend a good Dr. to go see.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)

June 25, 2012, 06:19 PM

Right now everything is based on what shows in the xrays. I should know more after the MRI. You are right though...Ang rubbing me down and keeping me flexible does sound the best course of action :finger:

Unread
  (#8)
Groping is a skill...

June 25, 2012, 06:27 PM

Dayum that sucks big balls bro. I'm sure with some light exercise and consistent supplementation you maybe able to keep the pain low and avoid any future surgeries.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#9)

June 25, 2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress
Dayum that sucks big balls bro. I'm sure with some light exercise and consistent supplementation you maybe able to keep the pain low and avoid any future surgeries.
Really? Damn. I was hoping more for a steady diet of vicodin, sex, and budweiser.

Unread
  (#10)
EFI - 07/C2

June 25, 2012, 09:36 PM

Ouch. I can relate. I broke my right hip 20 years ago. I thought it healed up ok, but five years ago it turned into a barometer. It gives me a slight twinge about 24 hours before we get hit with a decent storm if I sit in one position for too long.

Hopefully they can manage yours for a while, though if it needs to be replaced get it done sooner rather than later. I have two friends who had it done, both are sorry they waited and tried to deal with the pain.

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

June 25, 2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Really? Damn. I was hoping more for a steady diet of vicodin, sex, and budweiser.
FTW

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

June 25, 2012, 09:59 PM

Sounds like all the crap Bo Jackson had.
Best wishes and good luck. God willing they can stop the deterioration with minor surgery and stem cell therapy.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Groping is a skill...

June 25, 2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal

Lol that'll work too.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#14)

June 26, 2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ouch. I can relate. I broke my right hip 20 years ago. I thought it healed up ok, but five years ago it turned into a barometer. It gives me a slight twinge about 24 hours before we get hit with a decent storm if I sit in one position for too long.

Hopefully they can manage yours for a while, though if it needs to be replaced get it done sooner rather than later. I have two friends who had it done, both are sorry they waited and tried to deal with the pain.
Ugh! I don't even want to imagine breaking a hip, femur, or pelvis. The amount of pain I bet it causes makes me nauseous. My hand is like that. I have broken it so many times that if it is about to storm, it gets really sore.

My hip is gradually getting worse and worse. Like this morning for example, I bent down to fix a sidewall on a coworkers cubicle and on my way up it felt like someone stuck a knife in my hip. I nearly fell over and she jumped out of her chair! Hahaha! That is actually the first time I had felt something like that in the hip though. Anyways, the MRI should tell us more. REALLY not looking forward to having a 20 gauge needles shoved clear down into my hip joint.

Hopefully anything they may have to do can be done arthroscopically. It’s crazy how much they can do that way these days. Doc said, depending on what the MRI shows, it may be a little more invasive (e.g., cut me open). Hip replacement is more sarcasm at this point, but left untreated, it could be a very real possibility in the future.

Maybe by then I can get a carbon fiber femoral head with ceramic ball bearings in the joint rather than plain ‘ol cartilage. Maybe even an Ohlins shock mounted in their somewhere.

Unread
  (#15)
2 wheels for life

June 26, 2012, 04:57 PM

yea man with soo much development in materials I cannot believe someone hasn't done something to make a glue to put bones together which will have the same porosity as normal bones do .. that will trick the the body from triggering unnecessary calcium deposition

Adrenaline Addict