DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 287
5 members and 282 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
FIGHT ! May vs McG and the under cards what are your thoughts?
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Talking FIGHT ! May vs McG and the under cards what are your thoughts? - August 28, 2017, 09:25 AM

Just my opinion...
I feel like most...the year long anger was typically stage to boost up the event.
They toured together so they cant be that mad. Also money will make everyone friends.

I feel behind the scenes it was "Anything Goes" in the ring...meaning no one take the fall...just do what you can and let the best man win.

I do wish they would have let McG go on...don't think he would have won, but at least no fight stopped. He can take a beating so no worries about his health.

Anyway, I was enjoyed and glad it is finally done.

Undercards...

The guy from Baltimore... Hate him.

I wonder why they did nothing about that solid blow to the back of the head?
then him mocking the guy.

The Fren said the guy came in at about 160lbs for a 130lbs fight.
I knew he look way over.

What you guys think?

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Fast Lane Racing

August 28, 2017, 10:23 AM

my money was on mayweather. I felt his strategy was going to bring mcgreggor into his territory in regards to fight time. Looks like it worked.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

August 28, 2017, 03:21 PM

I put $500 on May and $100 on McGregor as a hedge.
The fight plan I thought Mayweather would employ is exactly what took place.
No Philly Shoulder Roll since McG's team would have probably trained him to find the weakness. Instead use a Modified Rope-a-Dope. Let McG punch himself out. Drag him deep into the Championship rounds where he has no experience fighting, and then turn it on.

I thought the fight was stopped too early. I had hoped the Referee would let McG eat some more punishment and possibly bounce his head off the canvas, but I'm sure Dana White & May's team inserted an agreement that if it looked like McG or Mayweather were about to be out on their feet, the fight would be called.

McGregor has my respect as a fighter, but he can go fuck his mother with all that "dance for me boy" shit he was talking.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
whoa preppy......

August 28, 2017, 03:35 PM

mayweather was in the gym to get in shape. McGregor was in the gym to learn how to box.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 28, 2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
mayweather was in the gym to get in shape. McGregor was in the gym to learn how to box.
Now that is one of the best analogy Ive heard and never thought about.
If both were smart....

May since retired would come on as his trainer/promoter.

Connors would make more money boxing...and can still do MMA.
Best of both worlds and the first to do it.... he he becomes a champion.

I do not think he need too much to become a top fighter.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

August 28, 2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Now that is one of the best analogy Ive heard and never thought about.
If both were smart....

May since retired would come on as his trainer/promoter.

Connors would make more money boxing...and can still do MMA.
Best of both worlds and the first to do it.... he he becomes a champion.

I do not think he need too much to become a top fighter.

Don't get fooled by McG's performance. He was fighting a 40 year old fighter who hadn't fought competitively or trained in over a year.

If he were to go into the ring with an active top-class boxer who was his age, he'd get fire smacked out his ass.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#7)
Meh

August 28, 2017, 06:39 PM

I think that is a bit of an oversimplification.

Mayweather, boring as fuck as he is, is still arguably the best boxer in his weight class.

Has he slowed "that" much in 2 years? Did he look out of shape? Basically within two years, he fought two guys with a combined record of 87-7 and who were thought of as the top contenders.

So, he is a bum in 2 years?

He was, probably the worst match up for an MMA fighter in the sense that he is a defensive fighter and has monstrous cardio capacity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 29, 2017, 09:47 AM

https://www.facebook.com/cococarriso...9742443222489/

Unread
  (#9)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 29, 2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
I think that is a bit of an oversimplification.

Mayweather, boring as fuck as he is, is still arguably the best boxer in his weight class.

Has he slowed "that" much in 2 years? Did he look out of shape? Basically within two years, he fought two guys with a combined record of 87-7 and who were thought of as the top contenders.

So, he is a bum in 2 years?

He was, probably the worst match up for an MMA fighter in the sense that he is a defensive fighter and has monstrous cardio capacity.
I simply did not think you could get your cardio...heart and lungs up to capacity in one year.

May has what? 25 years of doing nothing but this..and so much of boxing is cardio and agility. They train for more than just 12 rounds...just so that they can last 12 rounds.

So I think any boxer would know...let him wear himself out.

Not sure how many Boxer got into boxing at the age of 29ish on...I wonder how it would go if he changed careers and went into boxing.

With the right trainer I think he would be larger than he is in MMA.

Unread
  (#10)
whoa preppy......

August 29, 2017, 10:22 AM

Does he request cash? Why can't he get a wire transfer? I'm scared as hell walking around with several grand in my pocket to buy something. Millions in my car? F that

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

August 29, 2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Does he request cash? Why can't he get a wire transfer? I'm scared as hell walking around with several grand in my pocket to buy something. Millions in my car? F that
That's his "show" money. He carries that around to show off and impress people who are easily swayed by such things. Hood rich thing. Holding bricks of money to your ear like a phone. Bricks of worthless paper in front of you.

Real people with money, real wealth, real power - they don't do that. They don't need to.

If I was ever idiotic enough to do something like that, I hope someone in my family would pull me aside and have a talk with me.

Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

August 29, 2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
That's his "show" money. He carries that around to show off and impress people who are easily swayed by such things. Hood rich thing. Holding bricks of money to your ear like a phone. Bricks of worthless paper in front of you.

Real people with money, real wealth, real power - they don't do that. They don't need to.

If I was ever idiotic enough to do something like that, I hope someone in my family would pull me aside and have a talk with me.
I think that is his stripper money... I did not post here...the video that night with about 20 strippers and the whole room was filled with cash.
I mean the shit look like confetti...

Funnything is...

You can move stacks of singles...fill the back of a truck and its still probably less than $20,000

from the night haul of $100,000,000 its a drop in the bucket.

Hey did he ever get married or have kids?

Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

August 29, 2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
I think that is his stripper money... I did not post here...the video that night with about 20 strippers and the whole room was filled with cash.
I mean the shit look like confetti...

Funnything is...

You can move stacks of singles...fill the back of a truck and its still probably less than $20,000

from the night haul of $100,000,000 its a drop in the bucket.

Hey did he ever get married or have kids?
Yeah. Something happened at Spearmint Rhino in LV. They didn't let him in. So he paid all their dancers to come back to one of his pied-a-tierres and dance for him.

Crazy stuff. Looked like a harem.

No, he never got re-married. Has a bunch of kids. I believe four or five. Who knows how many more that he hasn't claimed.