DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
1 members and 557 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
File Under GODAMN! Avengers Is About to Gross A Billion in 2 Weeks
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

File Under GODAMN! Avengers Is About to Gross A Billion in 2 Weeks - May 6, 2012, 06:08 PM

I knew this was going to be a big movie, but no where NEAR this big. This is insane!

I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the movie - but based on the ending and who they introduced as the next villain, the sequel will in all likelihood do even larger numbers.

Domestic: $200,300,000 31.2%

+ Foreign: $441,500,000 68.8%

= Worldwide: $641,800,000

I'm sure WB is screaming at their screenwriters to prepare a Justice League script.

And Ed Norton ... well ...

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Member of SRWJTS

May 6, 2012, 07:06 PM

that movie was seriously awesome

2001 Kawasaki ZX6R: Yoshi slip-on
1999 Trans AM WS6, Long tubes, full exhaust, extra sexy
2006 GTO 6spd, 1 of 390 Silver, SLP LM1 (Sold)
2001 R1; blue, Yoshi slip on (sold Jan 12, 2012)
(RIP) 2000 Camaro SS
1999 Trans Am Ws6 30k miles, 6spd (sold)
1999 Camaro coupe 6 cyl (traded in after a week to get the SS)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Serial Killer

May 6, 2012, 07:49 PM

Best. Superhero. Movie. EVAR!!!!! Marvel/Disney couldnt afford to drop the ball on this one. With years of build up they had to deliver, and fuck did they ever

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

May 6, 2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy
Best. Superhero. Movie. EVAR!!!!! Marvel/Disney couldnt afford to drop the ball on this one. With years of build up they had to deliver, and fuck did they ever
Not after John Carter they couldn't.
This movie had a $220M budget and a director not known for action movies. Hell, barely even for movies period.

It's insane for a movie with a budget this large to recoup the entire marketing and production budget in one week in one market.

Everything going forward is profit. I wonder what kind of back-end the actors and director are getting, if any? I know they'll have to get a percentage of merchandising if their images or likenesses are being used even though Marvel owns the characters.

The actor who plays Captain America - he's making retirement money based on nothing but Marvel characters (He played Human Torch in Fantastic 4).

Also, there's 30 minutes missing from the theatrical release that will be on the DVD:

"You might have heard that Joss Whedon's original version of The Avengers was very different from what we'll see in theaters — in particular, Whedon originally hit on Captain America as the viewpoint character. We would have seen a lot of Cap's journey as he adjusts to life in the present day, and that would provide us with a relatable vantage point in the film.

In the end, though, a lot of the early Steve Rogers scenes got cut out of the film. In particular, Whedon tells Collider, there was supposed to be a scene in Steve's Brooklyn apartment, as part of a sequence where he's struggling with his isolation — until Whedon decided the shot of Steve punching a punching bag by himself at night tells us everything we need to know. Also, there was supposed to be a scene where he's reunited with Peggy Carter, and he talks about the loss of the social safety net that existed in his time, including the need for affordable healthcare for everyone — which is sort of a topical issue right now. The good news is, there will be "at least 30" minutes of deleted scenes on the eventual DVD, according to Whedon.

The good news? Whedon says that his favorite character moments and bits of "texture" are still in the film. He tells Collider:

There were so many little moments that I thought, "They're going to make me squeeze this out," and they never did. Once we had the structure down, they really wanted it to breathe and for these things to be as textured as they could be.

Oh, and separately, Whedon clarified that the alien race in the movie are indeed the Chitauri, an obscure race, "because they are not one of the key races and they don't have a storied history. That wasn't the point. I know this debate will go on long after I'm dead."http://collider.com/joss-whedon-the-avengers-2-sequel-interview/160713/

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
need more knee down

May 6, 2012, 08:41 PM

it was a great fuckn movie........

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#6)
Don't believe the hype...

Is it that good? I've been putting it off thinking it might be another superhero bust. And didn't want to deal with the crowd. I honestly didn't find any of the solos that interesting with the exception of the first Ironman. But I guess I'll watch it.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#7)
need more knee down

it was a great fuckn movie........

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#8)
Member of SRWJTS

May 6, 2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0bbles View Post
Is it that good? I've been putting it off thinking it might be another superhero bust. And didn't want to deal with the crowd. I honestly didn't find any of the solos that interesting with the exception of the first Ironman. But I guess I'll watch it.
They actually made "The Hulk" into an interesting character, he's more amusing than Iron Man at some points.

2001 Kawasaki ZX6R: Yoshi slip-on
1999 Trans AM WS6, Long tubes, full exhaust, extra sexy
2006 GTO 6spd, 1 of 390 Silver, SLP LM1 (Sold)
2001 R1; blue, Yoshi slip on (sold Jan 12, 2012)
(RIP) 2000 Camaro SS
1999 Trans Am Ws6 30k miles, 6spd (sold)
1999 Camaro coupe 6 cyl (traded in after a week to get the SS)
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

May 6, 2012, 09:20 PM

Hulk stole the movie.
There are two scenes that had the theater laughing - I'll simply call them Thor, Exit Stage Left & Ragdoll.

Unread
  (#10)
Serial Killer

May 6, 2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Hulk stole the movie.
There are two scenes that had the theater laughing - I'll simply call them Thor, Exit Stage Left & Ragdoll.
Fuck yeah dude!!! The Ragdoll scene had the theater laughing so hard, it looked like the Hulk said something afterwards, but no one could tell what he said because we were all still laughing

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

May 6, 2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Fuck yeah dude!!! The Ragdoll scene had the theater laughing so hard, it looked like the Hulk said something afterwards, but no one could tell what he said because we were all still laughing
My theater was laughing so hard that I missed dialog from the movie. Also for people going to see it. Their are two previews. One midway through the credits and one after the credits for those who didn't stay for the whole thing.

99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

May 6, 2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Puny God....

Unread
  (#13)
Railing!

May 6, 2012, 10:26 PM

Very good movie. I liked all of the "origin" movies.
Edward Norton did play a better hulk IMO. But this dude did alright.

Based on how they did the DC movies so far, I don't see a justice league script in the near future at all really. Would be nice. I'm still waiting to see a new Flash movie....
Unread
  (#14)

May 7, 2012, 12:08 AM

I heard about the Thor one, haha. Gotta go see it then. I usually don't see movies when they first come out anyway, I hate the crowd. I'm gonna have to stab bitches when DKR comes out. But I'm going to see that in IMAX so hopefully that'll be better.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#15)

May 7, 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taladis View Post
Very good movie. I liked all of the "origin" movies.
Edward Norton did play a better hulk IMO. But this dude did alright.

Based on how they did the DC movies so far, I don't see a justice league script in the near future at all really. Would be nice. I'm still waiting to see a new Flash movie....
I agree with the JL. Don't think they'd have much success with aquaman and manhunter. If they do, it might just be Batman, Superman, WW, Green Lantern, and Flash. But they would need a new Batman.

And I would love to see a Flash movie as well. I used to love the series. Used to watch it alot as a kid back home, haha.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450