DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 573
3 members and 570 guests
Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Finally bought a new car... ford suprise
Unread
  (#1)
PewPew

Finally bought a new car... ford suprise - June 25, 2007, 06:28 PM

So I've been in the market for a new ride quite some time now. I had looked at most everything between 23k - 45k. Most were fairly impressive, all had their pros and cons. Browsing the TV out of ocmplete boredom during a week a took off Mercury aired one of their commericals almost right behind a Ford commerical. The Ford commercial for the Fusion boasted the high remarks and ratings their car had been getting from the general public and private organizations. The Mercury commercial boasted the car's refined and calssy design mixed with a sporty and practical deisgn.

The Ford Fusion is IMO bland. A near copy of almost every other mid-size car out there ( not to mention their own sedans ) so as usual I let Ford go in one ear and out the other. The Mercury however peaked my interest. It was a large mid-size sedan with a very impressive exterior design. The interior is basically the same as the Fusion, both of which I do in fact like.

To humor myself I drive to Battlefield Ford of Culpeper and drive the V6 Premier model. Nice. The egine was very peppy with a great tranny, who can complain about a 6-spd auto? The car is as silent going 15 mph as it if 70 mph, very little road noise in the cabin. The interior is nicely designed and well textured, one thing I immeadiately noticed is they used less crappy plastic as american brands tend to do.

The steering was quick, accurate, and a complete blast to throw through technical turns. The suspension giving excellent feedback while handling the demand flawlessly. Combine that with a well programmed TCS and the car turned into my R1. Point and go.

The exterior is well designed, classy with a sport mix. I love the rear end design and LED tailights. The front has projector beam headlights ( unlike the halogens on the fusion ) which make for better illumination of the road and a nicer design. The 17" 14-spoke wheels look great, accenting the car's nice design.

Since it's time to leave work, I cut this short. But in closing I was so impressed with the Mercury Milan, I bought one. Black Milan V6 Premier with all the trimmings. Great car! The commercials and reviews are nothing but fact, if you're looking for a great quality car for a great price, I suggest looking into this vehicle.

5 stars all round from me.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Last edited by NoVaGhost; June 26, 2007 at 09:57 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#2)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

June 25, 2007, 07:25 PM

dude.. no offense, and congrats on the new wheels and all.. but seriously. You must not have anything productive to do at all.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Railin????

June 25, 2007, 07:28 PM

Now I know why that chick in the mercury commercials is always smiling.

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple  
Unread
  (#4)
Republicans for Voldemort

June 25, 2007, 08:49 PM

I am happy for you if you wanted a quiet 4 door sedan with creature comforts.... I guess someone is all grown up now.... You just bought a PRACTICAL car...... It's outta be nice and comfy to drive to the dr's office to get you prostrate checked and then to the store to get your metamucil for fiber... :LMAO

Just kidding ... If you like it - more power to you... FWIW - I too have a practical vehicle - I bought it under the pretext of needing a functional new car to two and could carry two dogs... When I got divorced - I thought about getting rid of it - but it rides nice - is well put together - yadda yadda - so I kept it.... At least I have bikes to offset the soccer mom mobile....

congrats....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 25, 2007, 09:22 PM

mercurys are nice cars, congrats on the new ride! Post up some pics so we can see!

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#6)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

June 25, 2007, 09:33 PM

Spinnahs fa' street cred yo!

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
PewPew

June 26, 2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH
Spinnahs fa' street cred yo!
buwhahaha... spinnahs......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatspin
dude.. no offense, and congrats on the new wheels and all.. but seriously. You must not have anything productive to do at all.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Actually I was at work when I typed this up So yes, I had nothing better to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed
mercurys are nice cars, congrats on the new ride! Post up some pics so we can see!
Thank you, sir. I'm quite pleased with it, obviously I'll post some pics whenever I get around to it, I don't run for the camera when I get something new like I used to, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
I am happy for you if you wanted a quiet 4 door sedan with creature comforts.... I guess someone is all grown up now.... You just bought a PRACTICAL car...... It's outta be nice and comfy to drive to the dr's office to get you prostrate checked and then to the store to get your metamucil for fiber... :LMAO

Just kidding ... If you like it - more power to you... FWIW - I too have a practical vehicle - I bought it under the pretext of needing a functional new car to two and could carry two dogs... When I got divorced - I thought about getting rid of it - but it rides nice - is well put together - yadda yadda - so I kept it.... At least I have bikes to offset the soccer mom mobile....

congrats....

Practicality over-weighed the need for a sportscar... not to mention comfort for my commute... shit i am getting old I too said to myself, "I have my motorcycles, no need to worry about having a sportscar"

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost